Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 08:46 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 541 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by ryneodonnell
Have a deposit on a 997.1 GT3 that is going for PPI next week. If anyone here is selling, let me know! Won't be GT3-less for long.
Excellent choice.
Good luck, hope it comes through clean.
The following users liked this post:
Red9114me (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 10:37 AM
MKIVdan
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 150 Posts

Have a deposit on a 997.1 GT3 that is going for PPI next week. If anyone here is selling, let me know! Won't be GT3-less for long.
​​​​​​Sounds like you're not in love with what you are buying ......
The following 2 users liked this post by MKIVdan:
G80 (04-29-2024), Robocop305 (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 12:36 PM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by MKIVdan

Well hopefully he will buy one and keep it

Old 04-29-2024, 04:38 PM
ryneodonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MKIVdan
Or process of elimination, hah. I am sure it will be a good car. Was looking for a few more factory options but not complaining!
Old 04-29-2024, 04:45 PM
pnw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Or process of elimination, hah. I am sure it will be a good car. Was looking for a few more factory options but not complaining!
If you're buying it to drive an enjoy, you won't be looking at your (lack of) deviated stitching. Mechanical condition is top priority.
The following 2 users liked this post by pnw-porsche:
JpCrp (04-29-2024), Robocop305 (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 04:54 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 516 Posts

What's it missing that you wanted ?
Old 04-29-2024, 05:17 PM
ryneodonnell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jreifler
What's it missing that you wanted ?
Heated seats (car will be in WY), Sound Package Plus (I know not popular and stereo is sub-standard either way, but would at least like to hear something as I want to take it on a road trip), Self Dimming Mirrors & Rain Sensor. In that order.

Crests in headrests, deviated stitching and painted center console & bits a nice to have but not as important as the above.

With an exhaust and new shift **** / steering wheel to refresh it and make it feel new, I am sure it will be fine!

Know of another?
Old 04-29-2024, 05:22 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 516 Posts

Heated seats (car will be in WY), Sound Package Plus (I know not popular and stereo is sub-standard either way, but would at least like to hear something as I want to take it on a road trip), Self Dimming Mirrors & Rain Sensor. In that order.

Crests in headrests, deviated stitching and painted center console & bits a nice to have but not as important as the above.

With an exhaust and new shift **** / steering wheel to refresh it and make it feel new, I am sure it will be fine!

Know of another?
I don't know of another not already talked about here, but I bet if you wanted to get super creative, some heated sofas could be retrofitted.

Stereo is garbage. Upgrade all that anyway. OE stock speakers almost certainly rotted or blown.

Crests on headrests easily doable if you're down to get some upholstery work done. Painted interior bits come from here: https://bumperplugs.com/consoles/997...center-console. And they will do any piece you want; not just what's on the website. I've done several parts on various cars with them and it's all OE quality.

Can't help with the rain sensor and mirrors.
ryneodonnell (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 07:08 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 491 Likes on 228 Posts

Know of another?
Originally Posted by jreifler

Stereo is garbage. Upgrade all that anyway. OE stock speakers almost certainly rotted or blown.

My car has Sound Package Plus, I think the stereo is decent with Sound Package Plus for a 2010 system.
I can not say what cars sound like w/o it, but I have been impressed.
Run my music through stereo cord into center console with Apple USBC adapter to my phone.

I do know of a serious 'car guy' who logs a lot of miles in his toys, he bought a portable JBL Bluetooth speaker and only uses this for all of his many cars, even very loud older cars with no AC at freeway speeds + windows down. Somewhat brilliant since he likes old cars and is constantly buying and selling.

GL
Old 04-29-2024, 08:20 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,479 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Sound package plus is extremely weak compared to other manufacturers, but the base stereo is a lot worse. Sound package plus has 9 speakers with a total output of 235 watts. The base stereo has only 4 speakers with an output between 50-75 watts. Both are extremely weak systems, but have heard complaints that it’s difficult to hear the radio at even highway speeds with the base unit. The only car sound package plus wasn’t available on was the .1 RS.

Last edited by RapidGT; 04-29-2024 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:26 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 145 Posts

As stated, the stock speakers are really bad. They're cheap enough that even Porsche with its ever rising parts prices only charges $50-$60 for a replacement so I'm sure their cost on them must be shillings.

If you're after decent sound quality and don't want to go crazy with an aftermarket headunit, amps, full rewire, etc., would recommend just upgrading the speakers to aftermarket units (don't need to spend much to get a noticeable improvement) and tying them in to the factory speaker wires. That's what I have along with PCCM+ in my car and I've been pleasantly surprised with how good it sounds--easily better than the Bose setup I had in my 991, not like that's saying much.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:16 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 491 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Sound package plus is extremely weak compared to other manufacturers, but the base stereo is a lot worse. Sound package plus has 9 speakers with a total output of 235 watts. The base stereo has only 4 speakers with an output between 50-75 watts. Both are extremely weak systems, but have heard complaints that it’s difficult to hear the radio at even highway speeds with the base unit. The only car sound package plus wasn’t available on was the .1 RS.
Maybe I am not a good source of what is good/decent, but with my phone through Sound Package Plus, my car sounds good to my ears. I just checked my Monroney to make sure I am not missing a different upgrade? SW center bypass, usually windows down and me blasting "when a man loves a woman" driving my GT3....Maybe it is my style of music and the car making me feel the music

Old 04-29-2024, 09:29 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
good disucssion,... and brings me to a Q&A I've never really worried about ... was there any difference in the sound package plus between 2007 & 2010? (Gen1 to Gen2)?
Old 04-29-2024, 10:02 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,479 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
good disucssion,... and brings me to a Q&A I've never really worried about ... was there any difference in the sound package plus between 2007 & 2010? (Gen1 to Gen2)?
No difference in speakers. Differences are the updated PCM or CDR when paired with the Universal Audio Interface having an AUX (CDR and PCM), USB (PCM only), and iPod (PCM only) ports.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:39 PM
ryneodonnell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vocan
As stated, the stock speakers are really bad. They're cheap enough that even Porsche with its ever rising parts prices only charges $50-$60 for a replacement so I'm sure their cost on them must be shillings.

If you're after decent sound quality and don't want to go crazy with an aftermarket headunit, amps, full rewire, etc., would recommend just upgrading the speakers to aftermarket units (don't need to spend much to get a noticeable improvement) and tying them in to the factory speaker wires. That's what I have along with PCCM+ in my car and I've been pleasantly surprised with how good it sounds--easily better than the Bose setup I had in my 991, not like that's saying much.
Wow sweet. Yes, don't want to put amps and wiring and all that mess in the car. But sounds like a OEM head unit (would not want to go aftermarket either) and replacement speakers may be enough to at least listen to something at highway speed.

Curious, was your car a Sound Package Plus car (9 speakers) or a regular car (4 speakers but really, pretty much two and two things in the dash)?

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...