Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 12:21 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 90 Posts

Anyone here follow the 997 4.0 market?

I could be wrong, but it seems recently they have all been bought up.

Back in mid-November..........
Merit Partners had 3 listed for sale, and possibly even more behind closed doors...........all gone, and they have a IG post today they are looking to buy more.
Grand Prix had one with under 1k miles..................gone
All things Porsche had one with under 1k miles.............gone
Road Scholars had one......................gone
Sloan still has one on the website, not sure if it sold.
..........did i miss any?

The only one i can find still for sale is Illuso has one with 1800 miles asking 835k.

since the car came out there have always been 6+ for sale at any given time. i find it interesting in a "cooling off" market when these cars are priced higher than they ever have been in history, now all of them are sold??

anyways, if anyone tracks this, or has some information/feedback/opinions id love to hear them
Old 01-09-2024, 10:47 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Tombstone4478

Merit Partners had 3 listed for sale, and possibly even more behind closed doors...........all gone, and they have a IG post today they are looking to buy more.

The only one i can find still for sale is Illuso has one with 1800 miles asking 835k.

since the car came out there have always been 6+ for sale at any given time. i find it interesting in a "cooling off" market when these cars are priced higher than they ever have been in history, now all of them are sold??

anyways, if anyone tracks this, or has some information/feedback/opinions id love to hear them
The dealers you noted have snagged them up and effectively cornered the market. There should be a few for sale at any given time, but it’s a small number, which is not hard to corner the market when dealers are able to ****** up 3-4 for hold and future sale.

Last edited by nle; 01-10-2024 at 03:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
welikethetrack (01-09-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 12:01 AM
arkaid
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
2010 gt3 @156k w 44k miles at a Porsche dealer:
https://www.porschehuntvalley.com/us...45eed707a1.htm
Oddly, the exhaust tips on this one seem to have got up and walked away...
The following 2 users liked this post by arkaid:
JpCrp (01-10-2024), welikethetrack (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 08:51 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

The one at GP Motors and All Things Porsches was the same car. Just traded between dealers. Road Scholars had a delivery mileage white car a couple years ago, but I don’t think they’ve had one since. Merit Partners seems to sell the most of these cars they had 4 and think they are pretty much all gone. They have a white one that is in their private collection that “isn’t for sale”, but probably could be at the right price.

The 997 market (particularly the GT cars) have beaten the “cooling off” trends that we’ve been seeing with a lot cars especially newer ones. While the market for most cars have decreased by say about 10% the 997’s have gone up by the same amount. Maybe people see the value in them and think they are worth more than what the market is pricing it at? I don’t know exactly why. There have always been a lot of speculators in the 4.0 market. Collectors out there who have multiple 4.0’s maybe to speculate on or other reasons such as they just really enjoy collecting. Buying up multiple of the same car to speculate on is nothing new as it’s been going on for years. For example, there were collectors who bought up multiple of the same cars such as 2005-2006 Ford GT’s or Buick GNX’s to speculate on. Would buy another one at a public auction and try to set a record price to drive up the price of the others they have. Once the market is high enough they start selling off some of their cars. This practice maybe one of the reasons why some of the examples that come up to market have extremely low mileage. Don’t love when people speculate on cars and think they shouldn’t really be investments. I try not to buy cars that would lose me a ton of money whether it’s from depreciation or maintenance, but don’t buy just because I think it is gonna go up in value. Buy what I like and if it goes up in value then great. If it goes down then that’s the way it goes sometimes when you buy cars. Would be thrilled if I broke even. If a car I want may go up look at it as I should try to buy sooner rather than later to save myself some money or possibly getting priced out of the market.

Last edited by RapidGT; 01-10-2024 at 09:13 AM.
HpIzKing (01-11-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 01:27 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Originally Posted by arkaid
Oddly, the exhaust tips on this one seem to have got up and walked away...
It looks to be a 991 Center delete and the tips protruded too much. I'm sure the dealer is working on getting the correct tips for the vehicle.

The bad thing about this vehicle is that all those plastic interior pieces look to have been painted from white to a rattle can satin black. Wonder if it gets scratched, will the white be underneath?

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-6/

WP0AC2A98AS783319

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-11-2024 at 11:19 AM.
arkaid (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 02:38 PM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 68 Posts

I know and have driven this car from prior ownership, i.e. when everything was still white. It’s rough and shows all of its age and miles - aesthetically but more importantly in how it drives. It has not been what I’d call enthusiast-owned.

I passed on it immediately after checking it out.

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
It looks to be a 991 Center delete and the tips protruded too much. I'm sure the dealer is working on getting the correct tips for the vehicle.

The bad thing about this vehicle is that all those plastic interior pieces look to have been painted from white to a rattle can satin black. Wonder if it gets scratched, will the white be underneath?

Last edited by sirringo; 01-10-2024 at 02:39 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sirringo:
arkaid (01-10-2024), HpIzKing (01-11-2024), RAudi Driver (01-10-2024), solidwater (01-14-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 03:09 PM
jonbek
Rennlist Member

Received 878 Likes on 263 Posts

i love this forum for firsthand feedback exactly like this.
The following 6 users liked this post by jonbek:
cavlino (01-10-2024), GM.RS (01-11-2024), sirringo (01-11-2024), solidwater (01-14-2024), Steve_D (01-12-2024), welikethetrack (01-10-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-10-2024, 04:14 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Way to go Sirringo! 👍🏽👊💪🏽
sirringo (01-11-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 11:09 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
A car I want may go up look at it as I should try to buy sooner rather than later to save myself some money or possibly getting priced out of the market.
I think one of the first reasons this car has done very well was demonstrated by this forum, most guys in here just didnt want to sell it even when they were up well over $100k. Some even got out and got back in after trying the 991s.

ChatGPT has ranked the 997 gt3 the number one manual sports car ever and that ranking is just a mathematical product of internet sentiment…

So as long as everyone keeps saying it’s the best manual experience money can buy it will only trickle up in value, it doesn’t even have to be true
Old 01-11-2024, 12:02 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

OMG the white interior car. I almost forgot about it. The white was so weird looking it seemed like pancake makeup. Now it's black. Did somebody post the VIN to this thread? Hope so.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:50 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

I live close by, but after a few of the recent posts on this car, seems not worth going to look at

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
OMG the white interior car. I almost forgot about it. The white was so weird looking it seemed like pancake makeup. Now it's black. Did somebody post the VIN to this thread? Hope so.
VIN WP0AC2A98AS783319
Link:
https://www.porschehuntvalley.com/us...rader_listings
asking: $156,490

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
2010 gt3 @156k w 44k miles at a Porsche dealer:
https://www.porschehuntvalley.com/us...45eed707a1.htm
Originally Posted by sirringo
I know and have driven this car from prior ownership, i.e. when everything was still white. It’s rough and shows all of its age and miles - aesthetically but more importantly in how it drives. It has not been what I’d call enthusiast-owned.
I passed on it immediately after checking it out.
​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by Steve_D
Especially with that rare automatic transmission option!
​​​​​​​
Old 01-11-2024, 12:55 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

There might be a black 4.0 available for the right price...
Old 01-11-2024, 09:41 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
There might be a black 4.0 available for the right price...
The real estate market isnt that bad yet!
Steve_D (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 09:58 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Wow it’s almost semigloss, worse than the white. It will most certainly scratch if it was just painted over. But if the rest of the car is clean would that stop me, prob not.

If you gave yourself some time you could slowly replace them for reasonable prices, plenty of guys going carbon with those parts laying around. I see from a simple google search could get a lot of the vents and doors done for less than $1k

However if you were to try and brute force it carbon replacements would be less than OEM.
That stupid little piece above the glove box is like $800, I don’t even want to tell you what porsche wants for a center console.

Old 01-11-2024, 11:49 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
The real estate market isnt that bad yet!
If I sell the 4.0 then I'll be looking to buy a CGT.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
pirahna (01-11-2024), SupraSaiyan (01-11-2024)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...