Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 11:49 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
Just heard from Mark. He confirmed that COTA has informed him they are canceling the event. He did say he is exploring every possible option, but for right now, it doesn't look good....
I am hoping this is not true but beginning to believe that it is. If it is true I hope there is some compelling reason. If not then COTA will never see a dollar of my money from attending or driving any events there.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 PM
tasman
Race Car

Originally Posted by wanna911
Wow, I really like the track, but if it's not readily accessible for regulars, I'm not interested. My interest was based purely on the fact that everyone would want to and be able to drive there creating a sort of unifying benchmark track for the country. If it's going to be one of those rarely ever open to public type deals, I'll pass. There are plenty of other great tracks to drive on.

Sooooooooooo, anyone up for the NARRA event two weeks later in College Station? I've already got my heart set on that one as well.
I certainly need to find something else to run if COTA is cancelled. Will have to check on this.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys. If the events are cancelled I can get the track at TWS for two or three days and replace this event. Can probably do some work with the promoteres and get a two or even three track deal. But I'm still thinking that COTA does not need this bad press, or the potential lawsuits form not only the promoters but people that signed up and made commitments like the guy here that sold a car to buy a trailer.

Let's hold on this as a group but if it's true then I think some organized phone calls, emails and same to the local press and the Govenors office of economic development which funded over 20 million intot his porject would be the next step. If your in for this then please hold for now pm me and we will try and coordinate only if it's necessary.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 AM
tasman
Race Car

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Guys. If the events are cancelled I can get the track at TWS for two or three days and replace this event. Can probably do some work with the promoteres and get a two or even three track deal. But I'm still thinking that COTA does not need this bad press, or the potential lawsuits form not only the promoters but people that signed up and made commitments like the guy here that sold a car to buy a trailer.

Let's hold on this as a group but if it's true then I think some organized phone calls, emails and same to the local press and the Govenors office of economic development which funded over 20 million intot his porject would be the next step. If your in for this then please hold for now pm me and we will try and coordinate only if it's necessary.
Sounds like a plan to me. Would be interested in TWS if COTA not available.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt

Agree. We need to act collectively if they breech DE contact and prohibit general public from driving the track. Personally I will boycott COTA and they will not see a penny from me nor will I support F1 race there
Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Before anyone claims that COTA may be in breach, perhaps familiarizing onesself with the actual contracts signed might be appropriate? Typically, track owners write contracts that essentially let them change or cahcel signed events at any time for any reason. Daytona sure does this...and has done it...without offering refunds to the renting organization. I am sure COTA's contracts are also similarly self-centered.

Let's wait and see what the facts are...
Old 12-22-2012, 12:38 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Before anyone claims that COTA may be in breach, perhaps familiarizing onesself with the actual contracts signed might be appropriate? Typically, track owners write contracts that essentially let them change or cahcel signed events at any time for any reason. Daytona sure does this...and has done it...without offering refunds to the renting organization. I am sure COTA's contracts are also similarly self-centered.

Let's wait and see what the facts are...
Not offering refund will be fraud regardless of organization if they are the one that cancel the event. Even if the contact says they can do whatever they want it's still a butt face move and no class at all. COTA is on my **** list unless they wipe the crap off their cowboy boots and clean up their act
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

More motivation to bring the SCCA T4 car down for the Majors the following month.

But booooooo on COTA if this really is the case. With only a month to go, I'm sure a lot of people put in for vacation and time off that now will be wasted. I fuggin booked a flight for the wife and everything.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:44 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CKit
More motivation to bring the SCCA T4 car down for the Majors the following month.

But booooooo on COTA if this really is the case. With only a month to go, I'm sure a lot of people put in for vacation and time off that now will be wasted. I fuggin booked a flight for the wife and everything.
sorry ... that really sux!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:49 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Agree. We need to act collectively if they breech DE contact and prohibit general public from driving the track. Personally I will boycott COTA and they will not see a penny from me nor will I support F1 race there
+1, done with COTA if that is the case.

Also +1 on theft if they think they can just cancel and then take someone else's money and ours. There's got to be some theft by conversion or something going on. If they are going to just change their mind, no way they can keep people's money like that. Of course, this IS Texas, so crook businesses get away with more.

I'm over it already, already making plans for other events. They can just give me my money back.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:54 AM
wanna911
Race Car

How clueless are COTA anyways? Probably far more fluids, debris and track damage with Race groups than DE ones.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Guys, (a) I am not suggesting that COTA will refuse a refund if they cancel. I am sure they will refund in full; my point was that Daytona changed PBOC's date this past October, at the very last minute, w/o offering a refund, BECAUSE THEIR CONTRACT SAID THEY COULD; and (b) all we have heard from is Drivers Edge...let's wait until we have some FACTS regarding other paid-for events like MVP and DMTD (Drivers Edge was not paid for yet) before we launch into outrage...OK?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Has anyone other than Greek got an email from MVP? I got nothing.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:29 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

let your feelings shown on COTA's face book page! https://www.facebook.com/CircuitofTheAmericas
Old 12-22-2012, 01:37 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I got a email from Mark along with another member that COTA is canceling the MVP event. Same mindset with Dez. I just got a spot for 48 Hours to salvage the weekend. All I care about at this point is getting a refund and moving on....

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list