Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Hmmm, wonder what technicality they are using as not fully executed rental agreements.... I would think if you take someone's fully executed rental fee and put it into your bank account, AND that number happens to match what you quoted them for rental, AND they sent a signed document with the rules and regs and agreed on pricing for the track on it, that is a fully executed agreement.

What else could fully executed mean?

It's obvious they got offered more money to do something else (this is not about just private days) and are shafting people to chase the dollars.
This is what happens when they employ a lot of lawyers...and no motorsports people.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:50 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

I heard that the SCCA club racing event may still be a go. Bizarre where they're drawing the line.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:35 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I would be willing to put money on is that the cancelled dates already have people (who will be paying more) set up to be on the track. I bet they have some "non-executed" agreements (I.E. Payments sent) too. The dates were bought out. Simple as that.

COTA should just sack up and admit it......... In the grand scheme of things this will all blow over IMO. I'll go when NARRA or NASA get there. For now, though they better refund the money as quick as they deposited it!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:48 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
What I would be willing to put money on is that the cancelled dates already have people (who will be paying more) set up to be on the track. I bet they have some "non-executed" agreements (I.E. Payments sent) too. The dates were bought out. Simple as that.

COTA should just sack up and admit it......... In the grand scheme of things this will all blow over IMO. I'll go when NARRA or NASA get there. For now, though they better refund the money as quick as they deposited it!
Unfortunately you are probably right. I don't think I will ever in good conscious be able to go there unless the ownership/management changes. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:20 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,233 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit
I heard that the SCCA club racing event may still be a go. Bizarre where they're drawing the line.
They need their workers...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Word is that SCCA and Dave Murry dates are also kaput...not 100% confirmed, however.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

I wonder if this has something to do with their insurance arrangements. I know many groups that rent tracks would "purchase" insurance for their events from the track. I also know that that has become more difficult (ie, setting up private days, etc), recently. Obviously dont know but if they thought and sold on one basis insurance-wise but found out subsequently something different and unworkable, they would certainly bail and would certainly not disclose why. It does happen esp to new tracks... If that is so, the good news is its fixable by adjusting rates. No foreknowledge here, just rank speculation...
Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just heard from Mark...we are back on!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean we are back on. Explain more.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

I wrote the operating partner of Mccombs today we have done some deals in the past and the letter was direct.

I am writing to express the heartfelt outrage that is shared by thousands of Motorsports fans many of whom have already signed up for the opportunity to drive on the new Circuit of the Americas track.

The track while seeking additional public funding just this past week is canceling contracts which have already been paid from private users who had scheduled a multitude of events for non professional drivers. It would seem that when seeking public funding and support the cancelation of income producing events would be frowned upon by the taxpayers.

Perhaps worst of all this was all done on the very eve of the Christmas weekend. *Many of our memebers nationally have already made travel plans, purchased airline tickets, booked local hotels and arranged transport for the cars to the track. *

While certainly there are many of us here in Texas excited about the opportunity, these events were drawing people from all over the country, and even a few from Canada and Mexico to Texas. The personal stories about the young doctor from WI who was so interested he and his wife sold one of their cars to purchase trailers to bring their race cars to the events would make great positive press, and now is wasted.

I am shocked and dismayed that after receiving, and depositing full payments, contracts would be canceled. The land where a handshake means more than a contract, seems gone replaced by what many of us feel is the grinch that stole Christmas.*

How can an enterprise go out and argue it needs state funding when it is turning away millions of dollars annually in track fees. *And how damaging to the reputation of a new facility dependent on the good will of the local community on all but three days out of the year to cut off the very drivers that are supporting the track and are the future of the industry. *

I personally request that you look into this and see if the unfortunatly decision can be reversed before the damage is permanate, *the hopes of members of the Porsche Club, the BMW club, SCCA, and private sports car enthusiast thought the nation are in your hands.

I have the names and phone numbers of several organizations that received this brush off on Friday of this week.*

I await the favor of your reply,*
Old 12-22-2012, 08:05 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

local news just reported that COTA reversed itself
Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Which station?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

KXAN I assume. They were doing interviews today with folks.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

AUSTIN, Texas (Dec. 22, 2012) – Circuit of The AmericasTM today announced that it would honor track
rentals with four organizations that had booked track days and paid rental fees in advance.
“We are moving ahead with these agreements and contacting clients so they can share this information with their members and customers,” Circuit spokesperson Julie Loignon said. “The executed rental agreements will limit the number of vehicles we have on track at any given time to ensure a fun and safe experience for participants, including any amateur drivers who will be participating. We regret the confusion that was caused as we worked through these issues with our clients and look forward to providing a one-of-a-kind experience to auto enthusiasts coming to Circuit of The Americas through our track rental program.”
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

COTA is back on. Just got an email from Mark at MVP.

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list