Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:16 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
I got a email from Mark along with another member that COTA is canceling the MVP event. Same mindset with Dez. I just got a spot for 48 Hours to salvage the weekend. All I care about at this point is getting a refund and moving on....
welcome back my prodigal son...
Old 12-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Mark at MVP in case everyone did not get it.
Good Evening:
As many of you have heard or read, Circuit of The Americas has informed MVP Track Time, and other organizations, the track event we contracted for February 1-3, 2013 is not being honored.* This was a complete shock as we've already paid the entire rental fee (and yes the check was cashed by COTA) for February 1-3, 2013.*

I do not want add fuel to the fire until we have all the facts and have taken every possible action to secure the COTA date we have already paid (in full) for.* As soon as we have all the facts, I will send an e-mail to all attendees.
Thank you for your patience while we quickly work through this.
Mark Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somebody email jalopnik!

Mark did a great job following their procedure and securing us a track date. As such, he is losing more from this than anyone. I will be patient on his behalf to see if he can do something about it. After a couple of weeks though, timw to move on and be done it and COTA for good. This is going to spoil the act of even watching races there. What a way to kick things off..
Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Somebody email jalopnik!

Mark did a great job following their procedure and securing us a track date. As such, he is losing more from this than anyone. I will be patient on his behalf to see if he can do something about it. After a couple of weeks though, timw to move on and be done it and COTA for good. This is going to spoil the act of even watching races there. What a way to kick things off..
I will wait and see what happens. If Mark can secure another track I hope we can all still go to support Mark if nothing else. Hopefully COTA will come to their senses. If not goodbye and good riddance to them.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
welcome back my prodigal son...
Let's roast a pig for the boys returning home!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks that we won't get on COTA. I'm in for NARRA @ TWS for sure. I guess I'll buy more tires for NARRA with my refund.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:59 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Well if Mark @ MVP doesn't get them to honor their contract then a Pox on COTA and the great state of Texas for financing a cluster Frick group. The good news is I just saved $4,000. In my little world you are only as good as your word and if it comes to pass that COTA' s word is no good then they can forever know that I won't support them.

Peter
Old 12-22-2012, 01:35 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rene
Sucks that we won't get on COTA. I'm in for NARRA @ TWS for sure. I guess I'll buy more tires for NARRA with my refund.

Rene, what group do you run with NARRA
Old 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
I got a email from Mark along with another member that COTA is canceling the MVP event. Same mindset with Dez. I just got a spot for 48 Hours to salvage the weekend. All I care about at this point is getting a refund and moving on....
Enjoy the 70 car run groups with out of towners that don't know the track. All aboard. Choo choo

That's a better event to just go drinking at. Well, except for the night thing. That looks pretty cool.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

This will be my 1st time at 48hrs Sebring...so I'll see how bad traffic is. However for the price I'm just going to have some fun with friends. I'm doing the night thing too.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

COTA press release...full of BS:

Circuit of The Americas’ statement on track rental program

Circuit of The Americas™ today set the record straight on the venue’s track rental program and responded to questions raised in social media forums about the program’s future direction. “Circuit of The Americas currently offers a track rental program for organizations and clubs and private individuals that provides automotive enthusiasts with a world-class experience at the United States’ only purpose-built Formula 1™ facility,” Circuit spokesperson Julie Loignon said. “We have had inquiries and discussions with a number of organizations that are interested in renting our facility, and we’ve determined that we will not be able to work with all of them in the coming year. We have contacted organizations that did not have fully executed rental agreements to inform them of our decision. We regret not being able to assist them with a track rental in 2013 and hope there are other ways we can accommodate their interest in Circuit of The Americas in the future.”
Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Seeing as Mark at MVP got an email telling him his signed and payed for event was canceled, I call BS on the only unsigned groups statement. Hopefully they read the writing on the FB wall and it got there attention and they will honor their signed commitments.

Peter
Old 12-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Exactly.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:20 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
COTA press release...full of BS:

Circuit of The Americas’ statement on track rental program

Circuit of The Americas™ today set the record straight on the venue’s track rental program and responded to questions raised in social media forums about the program’s future direction. “Circuit of The Americas currently offers a track rental program for organizations and clubs and private individuals that provides automotive enthusiasts with a world-class experience at the United States’ only purpose-built Formula 1™ facility,” Circuit spokesperson Julie Loignon said. “We have had inquiries and discussions with a number of organizations that are interested in renting our facility, and we’ve determined that we will not be able to work with all of them in the coming year. We have contacted organizations that did not have fully executed rental agreements to inform them of our decision. We regret not being able to assist them with a track rental in 2013 and hope there are other ways we can accommodate their interest in Circuit of The Americas in the future.”
What a load of horse turds!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Hmmm, wonder what technicality they are using as not fully executed rental agreements.... I would think if you take someone's fully executed rental fee and put it into your bank account, AND that number happens to match what you quoted them for rental, AND they sent a signed document with the rules and regs and agreed on pricing for the track on it, that is a fully executed agreement.

What else could fully executed mean?

It's obvious they got offered more money to do something else (this is not about just private days) and are shafting people to chase the dollars.

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list