Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

The power of social media! Sweet!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have GOOD NEWS!!!!! stay tune

Thanks to all of you that gave COTA an ear full. Public pressure totally works!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 PM
lateapex1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Despite the MVP event is secured again, this occurance with COTA still lead me to believe that after our event in Feb, they will shut it off to the general public and only let the lucrative clients in to drive.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
CKit
Instructor

A lot of tracks open DE only on weekdays and selected weekends. I would not have had a problem with that. But it was their greed and lack of honor that was the issue. Like the car dealership that you negotiate a deal with, put a deposit and fly in to pick up the car... only to find that they sold it to someone who offered more money in the meantime.

Racers are some of the most honest and honorable people I know. Let the actions speak louder than words.

Although in this case, the words created the action!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CKit
A lot of tracks open DE only on weekdays and selected weekends. I would not have had a problem with that. But it was their greed and lack of honor that was the issue. Like the car dealership that you negotiate a deal with, put a deposit and fly in to pick up the car... only to find that they sold it to someone who offered more money in the meantime.

Racers are some of the most honest and honorable people I know. Let the actions speak louder than words.

Although in this case, the words created the action!
cool beans everyone!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This right here.

I fullly expect that these four events will be the last for "amateurs" for awhile. Which would have been fine, had they never started doing it in the first place.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 PM
CKit
Instructor

And again, I don't know why "amateur" is such a pejorative.

I have a National SCCA Competition license, but am mediocre enough that I'll never win any money to be called a "professional..." but somehow me coming there in my 06 Civic in T4 is okay? Lol.

Heck, my wife is more of a professional racer than I am... she's won a few thousand dollars in cash and tires doing SCCA Solo.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys more than ever now!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:36 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

And again, I don't know why "amateur" is such a pejorative.

I have a National SCCA Competition license, but am mediocre enough that I'll never win any money to be called a "professional..." but somehow me coming there in my 06 Civic in T4 is okay? Lol.

Heck, my wife is more of a professional racer than I am... she's won a few thousand dollars in cash and tires doing SCCA Solo.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys more than ever now!
Same here and look forward to meet everyone ... our social media fighter lol

Don't care what you drive as long as everyone have fun
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Max G on COTA facebook wrote this

"I think that based on today's events one corner at COTA should be called the boomerang"

We should look for a special corner and give it a name for this last 24H COTA mess

suggestion box is open
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

from MVP

Good Evening:

Well it's been an interesting day of phone calls and e-mails. About an hour ago, I received a call from COTA to discuss MVP's February 1-3, 2013 track date. They had some concerns about safety and the number of cars on track which were easily rectified through a pleasant conversation. Let me reiterate, MVP's Circuit of The Americas event is back on.

I'd like to personally thank all of you for your patience and support while we worked through this bump on ther track with COTA.

I look forward to seeing all of you at Circuit of The Americas February 1-3, 2013. In the immortal words of Tiny Tim "It's a Christmas miracle". Merry Christmas!

Mark Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Good news for u guys! Ha, maybe I should have couched my guess at what excuse they would use, instead... lol
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Hmmm, wonder what technicality they are using as not fully executed rental agreements.... I would think if you take someone's fully executed rental fee and put it into your bank account, AND that number happens to match what you quoted them for rental, AND they sent a signed document with the rules and regs and agreed on pricing for the track on it, that is a fully executed agreement.

What else could fully executed mean?

It's obvious they got offered more money to do something else (this is not about just private days) and are shafting people to chase the dollars.
Fully executed: It means that COTA received the check and the signed (by the renter) contract, but had yet to actually sign it themselves (COTA). Therefore it is not yet a valid contract without BOTH parties signing the contract. No matter that monies were received and deposited.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I figured.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone now that the event is back on we are trying to put together the date at TWS 31 January. Please look at the thread and if your interested let me know we need 25 and already have 10. On a track as big as TWS 25 will be real low density and a great tune up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/
Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I am going with 3 other people in a RV, so it's up to them. But personally, 3 track days in a row might be enough

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list