Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

"Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Because the boys are suffering, now that suddenly my Fiat is making decent power (says Traqmate and the guy with the Nissan GTR and a Pearl Lambo).

Power is nothing without control, and car control is lacking in my short experience driving cars flatout. The lack of supersize wings hurts me even more, so it is an easy grab.
Not buying it, dude.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Rad- u got some support from your fcar bros? RL got that in spades!!! Mike

Seriously?

They would show up with detailing kits, bikini babes, Dolce shoes, Tri-Color leather jackets in this summer weather, ready have my car detailed, and waiting to see if I win the Cars & Coffee Trophy.

They would get confused if I explain that we are comparing my Fiat to the Aero Beetles at a racetrack, questioning why I'm doing this, and that my shiny paint finish would not last at the track, they'll try to talk me out.

They would question why I'm using a Scuderia and not a 458 Italia or 599 GTO that are the most advanced cars ever built.

They would advise me to put the car on Race mode and let the car do the driving.

No thanks, sometimes no-support is better than some support.

The good news, the crisis of 2008 brought a way different type of Fiat owners, and the momentum hasn't stopped. Plenty of them are Porsche guys, others are former Porsche guys, I'm somewhere in the middle thanks to VW Group.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rad, I'll be honest, I really do wish more Ferrari (and Lambo too) owners were like you. Meaning drive their car at the track and weren't afraid to talk a little smack and willing to back it up. That is almost non existent in the Ferrari world.

Don't take the Traqmate numbers too seriously, it's a ballpark like I said. Are you inputting different specs for the cars when it comes up with this number or are you using the same one? If you are using the same specs, they will be significantly off.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously?

They would show up with detailing kits, bikini babes, Dolce shoes, Tri-Color leather jackets in this summer weather, ready have my car detailed, and waiting to see if I win the Cars & Coffee Trophy.

They would get confused if I explain that we are comparing my Fiat to the Aero Beetles at a racetrack, questioning why I'm doing this, and that my shiny paint finish would not last at the track, they'll try to talk me out.

They would question why I'm using a Scuderia and not a 458 Italia or 599 GTO that are the most advanced cars ever built.

They would advise me to put the car on Race mode and let the car do the driving.

No thanks, sometimes no-support is better than some support.

The good news, the crisis of 2008 brought a way different type of Fiat owners, and the momentum hasn't stopped. Plenty of them are Porsche guys, others are former Porsche guys, I'm somewhere in the middle thanks to VW Group.
All true !!!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Rad, I'll be honest, I really do wish more Ferrari (and Lambo too) owners were like you. Meaning drive their car at the track and weren't afraid to talk a little smack and willing to back it up. That is almost non existent in the Ferrari world.
Basic reality when it comes to street cars: the more expensive and exclusive, the less use it will see, especially track use. Doesn't matter whether it's a VW, 4wd VW, or Fiat - basic reality holds.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all porsches usually see the track at some point. ive seen carrera gt's and gt2 rs's all hit the track we know know those price tags. compared to 599, 612, 430 scud etc, that wont ever see the track or even 4k miles. and no the porsches arent done on a regular basis but they will come out at least once
Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

Even a few Boxster owners will track their exclusive ride or so I've been told.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
all porsches usually see the track at some point. ive seen carrera gt's and gt2 rs's all hit the track we know know those price tags. compared to 599, 612, 430 scud etc, that wont ever see the track or even 4k miles. and no the porsches arent done on a regular basis but they will come out at least once
Jenks:

The Ferrari track events are exclusive, catered affairs - champagne, cavier, free masseuses, complimentary gold chains - you get the idea. Just because you're not invited doesn't mean they don't happen. Also, they don't tend to be held at abandoned airfields. You're more likely to find them at perfectly coiffed facilities like Monticello. It's all part of the image.

Don't hate the messenger.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Jenks:

The Ferrari track events are exclusive, catered affairs - champagne, cavier, free masseuses, complimentary gold chains - you get the idea. Just because you're not invited doesn't mean they don't happen. Also, they don't tend to be held at abandoned airfields. You're more likely to find them at perfectly coiffed facilities like Monticello. It's all part of the image.

Don't hate the messenger.
Actually, you are really close to the reason why Jenks is spot on: PCA (and groups like PBOC) have a much better organized & marketed track/DE program that FCA does in most parts of the country....probably in part because Porsche sells more SUV's in a month than Ferrari makes cars in a year...
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Proof, instructor's group at PCA, watch in front of me !!!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
LOL...
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
jp175
Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9-j...yer_detailpage
My freinds Steve Rivera and Alejo Menendez who are PCA Instructors have 2007 Caymans running consistently 2:28s/2:29s at Sebrings (with a best of 2;27). They will not run at 48 hour slowfest; as many of those drivers are not instructors and non-locals.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
jp175
Racer

The latest software for the Traqmate has some neat stuff, 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.

Do you know how to read the HP stuff in the Traqmate? I have a lot of files and can't see how to do it? or is it a thing to do while the car is running?

I wonder how does traqmate calculates drag from massive wings? it probably throws a bogus low HP number on a car like the GT3 Cup or 4.0RS.

EDDIE boy, setup the Dyno Day this week. Make it a new Thread. Lots of people interested, at least 4 cars confirmed. Don't make me go Greek on you.

Mr. Cuatro Punto Cero, I hope you bring your cheater Blue Aero Beetle to the dyno day, or are you afraid of dynos as you are of drag racing?
Rad, I'm no drag queen. I prefer to be a track guy. I will do autocross too.

When my Solo DL comes back repaired from AIM systems, you can download all the data you want at the track.

My car's engine/ecy will not be touched and it can be Dynoed. I don't need to see your Dyno as I can estimate with 3% your HP after seeing you in the backstraight at Sebring.

For me this thread is almost mind numbing. Every track weekend is a Challenge that includes a Shakespeare Rhetoric of Lies!!! Reter, Erik, Randy Pobst and Leh King can drive my car!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Hey JP, that is you signed up for SuperSolo at Roebling in a couple weeks, right?

Quick Reply: "Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge