Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

"Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

8 pages of talks and no commitment to action? How hard is it to compete on track? Win or lose no big deal, it's the fun that counts.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well refer is on track at NOLA, so I understand no response. Don't know why rad is up to besides lying about how much his car actually cost
Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

What I don't understand is that is sounds as though the Fiat is sold

Yes, they are. I just took these pictures right now. I'm regretting selling everything listed badly, but things have drastically changed in the last two weeks (for good, so no worries). I'm regretting even more selling the Fiat parts and my beloved Scuderia.
https://rennlist.com/forums/9328092-post7.html
Old 03-04-2012, 02:33 PM
lopro
Banned

Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust

Doh!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:02 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust

Cheater 4.0 RS
Old 03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

A few pics to get the imagination warmed up ... and get some antes paid up

Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
170k is a little off for your car. I don't think they were going for that when they 1st came out and I know you know that
Price doesn't make cars faster. A $2k Miata is better at an autoX than a $400k Maybach.

My car is worth $170k today , Reter's 3.8RS is worth $135k (with all the mods) today.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sin911
Rad, please don't complain about having no spoiler wings etc. I just checked the specs for both F430 Scuderia and .2 GT3 RS. Here's the numbers:

F430 Scuderia: 310kg of downforce @186mph. Souce: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc..._scuderia.html
997.2 GT3 RS: 170kg of downforce @186mph. Source: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...11_gt3_rs.html
Don't believe everything you read, especially when the article is a straight through extract from Fiat marketing. An independent test in Germany in a wind tunnel at 125mph shows actual numbers, the reality indeed. The Scuderia is nowhere near the downforce numbers compared to the 3.8RS, and Fiat is full of crap.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Well refer is on track at NOLA, so I understand no response. Don't know why rad is up to besides lying about how much his car actually cost
Or how much power it makes.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:57 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911rox
Rad, can I suggest the following: Rather than swap cars and push hard in an unfamiliar car, for safety, this is where you guys should use a pro driver to benchmark your cars... I'd suggest, run a session to gather best laptimes, hand cars over to a pro to benchmark and determine compare your laps as a % of the best achieved by the pro... Thus it will be the guy who gets the smallest % difference to the pro that takes the Sebring Cup home...

Don't swap cars, may not be a safe or smart move... just saying...

Good luck to you all fellas! And respect to you rad for laying down the challenge and taking on the beatle brigade!
Man, this is

A control driver, a Pro driver in each car for a track session, and the best lap posted by the Pro in each car. This achieves two things: it tells the World which car is better, also how bad my driving sucks, and how amazing the Aero Beetle driver is.

Correct, the difference between the ProDriver lap and the car's owner lap will determine how well the car was driven. It also reduces the risk of me wrecking an Aero Beetle, because I don't know how to drive a car in reverse, or a 911 which is same thing.

However, the Pro driver must be a neutral driver, non-Porsche biased, otherwise the Pro will post sloppy laps in the Aero Beetle, and a smoking super fast lap in the Fiat, so the Aero Beetle owner looks good and the Fiat driver looks like a Rookie. But even in this case, I will have data and video to show the World the under-driving done by the Pro with the Aero Beetle, and a YouTube video named "Professional Race Car Drivers can't drive for ****!!!" is a sure 1,000,000 hits.

Rule: Traqmate data available to everybody, for free analysis, including the Pro driver data, the Aero Beetle magnificent driver data, and yours truly horrific slow inconsistent driver data.

So far, no Aero Beetle boy has stepped up to the challenge: where is Izzone, Reter, Erik, M3EvoMR, GT3DE, Grady, the Greek?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Price doesn't make cars faster. A $2k Miata is better at an autoX than a $400k Maybach.

My car is worth $170k today , Reter's 3.8RS is worth $135k (with all the mods) today.
Wrong again. Autotrader lists Scuds mostly ABOVE $170K up to and above $200K whereas 2008 GT3RS can be had well below $135K, even at the low $100K mark if not lower (I didn't bother looking to hard).

What you are insinuating is the RS's on this board are at or above FMV and your car is significantly BELOW FMV. I don't believe it and I don't think anyone else here does either.

Compare apples with apples.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Don't believe everything you read, especially when the article is a straight through extract from Fiat marketing. An independent test in Germany in a wind tunnel at 125mph shows actual numbers, the reality indeed. The Scuderia is nowhere near the downforce numbers compared to the 3.8RS, and Fiat is full of crap.
You do know 125mph is a lot slower than 186mph, right?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:02 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Are we comparing cars or drivers...or drivers in there choice of cars?

Personally I'd love to see a comparison of driver in car...Reter in his RS vs Rad in his F430!

No dyno comparo's....could careless, lets see what driver and car can do on the track.
I'd actually like to see both Rad against Reter in their own cars plus a pro driving their car.

I want some dyno charts, Rad keeps saying his car makes less than 400 whp so I wish to see myself

Same brake pads and tire compounds is fair if you ask me. Tires make a big difference as we all know, so this would make the ground a little more even.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Good find Sin!....

I was reading this post last night when I would stop during my long drive from Penscola back to Tampa and was thinking that the Ferrari F430 has lots of downforce ude to all the air channels going through the body and under the car including the rear difusser.
Thanks, yeah I found it odd too. So I looked it up I never thought Ferrari could release a car with such little downforce, considering the huge rear under diffuser.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Man, this is

A control...blah blah blah
Excuses.

All excuses.

Is that all you have?

I guess you are too scared to put on a tire with more than a 140 tread wear rating. You must need the grip of an R compound to keep your skirt down.

Here's some more incentive. I've never been to Sebring. Sure, I've watched a bunch of races there. But driven this track? No. How could you NOT beat me?

Quick Reply: "Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge