M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's the perm.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have it, flaunt it. Accentuates my package. Besides, I got a haircut, no matter what Eddie does with his hair save from shaving it, still looks like pubic hair
Old 02-17-2012, 12:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,686 Likes on 2,336 Posts

wow, pubic hair on top.
man, i have to go visit FL.
forget the track, meeting eric, eddie, randy and reter just to see the hair cuts would be worth the effort.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

it's embarrassing ... I have a fro right now ... my hair cut is more than a month past due.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Erik in other hand, spent money with the PERM and was cheap on the hair cut, only once every 6 months.
Damn cheap Dutch
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Erik in other hand, spent money with the PERM and was cheap on the hair cut, only once every 6 months.
Damn cheap Dutch
Taller hair gives the visual illusion of height
Old 02-17-2012, 09:12 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
That is true I checked and re-checked with my agent and got it in writing.
Good luck with that. One of my former employees now works for state farm. She got a hold of underwriting for me. No way in hell they are going to pay out on this. For those that are getting it in writing, SF doesn't really understand what you're doing. I challenge you to get it in writing that you will be exceeding speeds of 140mph on a race track, without an instructor sitting next to you, with 30-50 other cars on track at the same time, and they will cover you.

Even my insurance co (USAA) has told me over the past 3 years that they are cool with it. It wasn't until I dug way way way into it with them that they now fully understand what we are doing out there. And when they did understand, they said not no, but hell no.

While I might have gotten paid because of previous conversations with them and a tentative approval, the odds were I'd probably have to fight them over it. Most companies are now putting language in there excluding any activities that test the performance capabilities of the car. I'm willing to wager that any regular policy that agrees to covers you for a "driver's ed" event thinks you are out there auto crossing and practicing threshold braking...

With that being said, I went with the same company that Eddie, Peter, and Randy are using. For the peace of mind its worth every penny. It's not cheap, but then again neither is repairing a car that went into a wall at speed (knock on wood).
Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Taller hair gives the visual illusion of height
So true just ask my short Italina wife.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
it's embarrassing ... I have a fro right now ... my hair cut is more than a month past due.
Need to tell the wife to get the hedge clippers in gear!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

was cheap on the hair cut, only once every 6 months
If I need it or not
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 AM
jmachul
Advanced

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Good luck with that. One of my former employees now works for state farm. She got a hold of underwriting for me. No way in hell they are going to pay out on this. For those that are getting it in writing, SF doesn't really understand what you're doing. I challenge you to get it in writing that you will be exceeding speeds of 140mph on a race track, without an instructor sitting next to you, with 30-50 other cars on track at the same time, and they will cover you.

Even my insurance co (USAA) has told me over the past 3 years that they are cool with it. It wasn't until I dug way way way into it with them that they now fully understand what we are doing out there. And when they did understand, they said not no, but hell no.

While I might have gotten paid because of previous conversations with them and a tentative approval, the odds were I'd probably have to fight them over it. Most companies are now putting language in there excluding any activities that test the performance capabilities of the car. I'm willing to wager that any regular policy that agrees to covers you for a "driver's ed" event thinks you are out there auto crossing and practicing threshold braking...

With that being said, I went with the same company that Eddie, Peter, and Randy are using. For the peace of mind its worth every penny. It's not cheap, but then again neither is repairing a car that went into a wall at speed (knock on wood).
Further to DD's comments, which are correct BTW (Been on company side of auto insurance for 20 yrs) for us it is an ethical issue, not a can I get away with this one. Under no circumstances are these carriers factoring in us putting/turning on helmet, timing device, 5 pt belts and sticky tires into the pricing for a road use coverage with $xxx, 000 of liability attached to the policy. Exclusion(s) are after action documentations, whereby the company is saying "You cant f*ck us again with this"

As an example, here is an expert from Chubb's Auto Policy.....very similar to Progressive, Geico, etc.....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: HPDE / track insurance