Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
there are some sales ppl and dealership that look far into the future. 15 yrs, i had negative income, starving as graduate student. my sales guy give me all afternoon test driving 3 993 (granted they were used). he knows i got no money, i told him so. and it was way before dot com boom, so when i showed up in ripped up t shirts and jeans it meant i owned nothing but ripped up t shirts and jeans.

that episode brought him 12 porsche sales from me personally in the last 5 years, 6 more from my family, over 50 more from my friends.

sales is not about talent, but about service. you are selling a commodity. cars are NOT rare, even RS or enzo or even bugatti royale. if you got $, nothing is rare (i dont have the money mind you). perhaps the sales staff can earn loyalty from the customers.

it takes me a 5 min phone call, few faxes and 10 min to pick up my new cars. in some cases, he recommended leasing over cash. he provided his buy rate to me. my service guy always finds me a porsche loaner car. if they are out of loaners, he gives a car from their used car lot. quite frankly, i am not so enamored with p car anymore. but i like the service of my sales guy and my service advisor. those are actually the main reason i buy porsches now.

think about that!
i know exactly what you mean.

i went into test drive a few porsches before ordering my car. I hadn't shaved in a couple of days, was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and I was, at the time, 30 yrs. old. - much younger than the typical new 911 buyer in these parts.

the year before i handled a purchase of a boat, a 26' Formula, for my mom after my dad passed away. Same sort of deal, I had a couple days off, hadn't shaved, didn't look particularly good yet the dealer, Horizon Marine in Alexandria Bay, NY was very easy to deal with and very accommodating. With less than 1/2 work they sold a boat.

sales is an art. some are good at it. some are not. some take a short term view. some do not.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 AM
normank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best thing to do in this case is throw Solo, pole position and the refined and dignified BHP Luva into a bag and see who walks out. From the first post I was inclined to believe this was a hoax. It has certainly hot wired most folks, but it is virtually inconceivable this happened "as reported." Three blind men describing what they saw on the way to buy a car.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
you really think this is a great thread dell?
i think it's one of the dumbest i've seen.
I thought the helped explain my view but I guess I should have added **detect sarcasm**

Great? No. Entertaining? Hell yeah!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
You can do business the way you espouse, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Enjoy your "bliss".

As a Ferrari and Porsche buyer if I had to deal with the likes of you, I'd rather ride a bicycle. Thank God I don't.

By the way if you have to come on Rennlist and talk about how "great and smart" your are then most likely you are full of it.

Care to show us your garage, credit score (and Balance Sheet) to back up your bravado?
Amen!

Based on what was presented to us, most felt there was two sides to the story. However we all felt that the buyer should at least had an opportunity to buy the car outright.

Instead of pointing this out, this "salesman" launches into a tirade about the stupidity of the posters most if not all owners of Porsche's. Fortunately he is in a sales position where the product sells itself. BHP must have him tied to a chair and muzzled when selling a car. Are all BHP sales people like that?
Old 03-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris you crack me up but don't let this guy bog you down. Your bona fides are unquestioned. His posts speak for themselves...
...a talented surgeon doesn't need anatomy lessons from Larry Flynt.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul523
Chris you crack me up but don't let this guy bog you down. Your bona fides are unquestioned. His posts speak for themselves...
...a talented surgeon doesn't need anatomy lessons from Larry Flynt.

Much appreciated Paul!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
1whobuys
Advanced

Originally Posted by pole position
Dear Stoppel. or shall I call you "benzrep4U2", how original.

You talk the talk of a noob and the way you present your emotions are better served in a acting career not the car business where BS walks and money talks, like in any other business, duh.

Newsflash: this ain't Ohio this is LA where instant gratification is priority but CSI is as important as everywhere. So you patting your shoulder with your dealership in farmland is meaningless unless you put out the same numbers as Champion, Fletcher jones or BHPA and have to deal with every shade of humans known to earth with the most extreme expectations or demand.

In regards to getting approved, think before you write or better get some experience first. There is a difference to get somebody bought with roach credit but established none the less for a C or E class but they ain't riding in a CL65 unless they have 100 % down with a co-signer but not some dude from some foreign country who barely arrived waiving a few bucks with zero credit history. A F&I guy can jump up or down but if the bank ain't buying they ain't buying because, surprise, if the roach customers default in numbers the bank goes zero tolerance for the future and you are f'ed. Not worth it. And in regards to pro athletes or celebrities, who usually have sh*t credit because they can't be bothered to pay a bill, the name gets them bought , reluctantly..........for foreigners , canadians are your only bet if they are fresh of the boat and they have to provide literally bloodsamples plus the banks have the ability to pull a credit check in Canada.

Now as far as slime, your do gooder kind is in every dealership, lots of talk, little deeds and if you and I would work in the same place your performance would not be in the same zipcode as mine, BS walks, W2's talk, they never last, crybabies about unfairness, the mgr's have to hold their hand because the could not close a door if their life depends on it or get their knees buckled when a customer puts up any form of resistance but they are good order takers for hot cars for MSRP which the detailer could sell without any trouble. But when it comes to the crap growing weeds in the back they skip or god forbid they have to get over MSRP, then the crying starts. Weak brownnosers at their best.

I have sold F cars for as much as TWICE of MSRP while working at authorized F dealers not some mid nite fly by operation and you are trying to tell me it requires "slime" and dishonesty to do that ? LOL, instead of making you sick to your stomach as you put it , the reality is that I would give ulcers to pretenders like you.

At one time I worked for a guy named Carl Sewell (Customers for Life) and have been interviewed by Tom Peters (In Search of Excellence) before he wrote the book.
These guys are correct...."You" are an "*******".
We carried an overall CSI of 98-99%, made more per car sale and service transaction then any other dealer in America, we didn't try to figure out how much we could screw them and then break it off.
We treated them with respect and preformed the work correctly, in a timely manner and then stood behind our work.

I wouldn't buy a piece of gum from you...you are the King of used car salesman, where do you work? I would love to stop by and see you in action..that must be some thing really special, you must be so proud of your self.
I'm sure your GM thinks you're "quit the peice of work" too
Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Mannn... if you guys are comparing the Los Angeles Dalers to those at other states, you all are comparing apples and oranges.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Max Power
Racer

This reminds me of The Jerry Springer Show, where the guests tell their story and you wonder if they will eventually realize that they are embarassing themselves in public.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A wackey interesting thread...

I always thought I had $5k down because that was how much I was willing to pay initiailly. However, it wasn't until BHP asked me to up the amount to $25k. After all, the deposit was put down back in Sep and I have business to run so I don't think it is fishy a all to forgot the amount without backtracking my bank statements.

Perhaps I'm alone in thinking most reasonable people would remember that they put 25k down...

Now after all of this he is back in the que...

What does not smell right
Old 03-02-2007, 02:45 PM
BHP Luva
Track Day

Wow. Ok, car guys have a bad rep, it's true. I'm sure my post dosen't further our cause either. I will, with no profanities, make some points that I think get overlooked in most conversations about my chosen profession.
No other industry is as highly scrutinized and regulated as the auto industry.Not a fact, but a feeling after years in the biz and the changes we must adhere to in the ever changing laws. Do you know that a mortgage broker can make thousands marking up the buy rate, and there are no laws or caps preventing him from gauging people.He may also get a healthy rebate from a bank for sending him the biz.
Not so for us, we can only mark up rate a moderate amount, and we are treated like criminals. Not to mention exposed at least twice a year during sweeps.
2.Why is profit a four letter word with people when buyin a car? Did you walk into the home you own now, and tell the previous owner that you' d buy it for five hundred over what he bought it for?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Why is it apples and oranges? I have lived all over the country and have had nice service and sales in little towns like Chico Ca, and I was treated the best of all by BH Lexus so Why should BH Porsche treat me any different? I was also treated very well by a Ferrari dealer in another state even though we didnt come to a deal. This is my perspecive as a customer. I wont walk into a Lexus dealership in a smaller town nearer to me because I walk in there and they look at me like some drifter
(I wear holy jeans or short and tshirts in the summer) and it takes almost being rude to get someone
to talk to me. So I dont go there anymore. Its up to the dealer ship in BH or Riverside to treat you well.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:55 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink Well...

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Why is it apples and oranges?...
OG,
If you have had a good dealings with car salesman in LA, good for you. But on average, we have some of the worse! Look at all the Bull$hits on "above the sticker" sales. Don't get me wrong; the buyers spoiled the salesman long before I can buy a car in LA.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
BHP Luva
Track Day

Of course not. But you have no problem telling me thats all we should make. You also have no problem leaving angry post because hot cars are produced in short supplies.I know many dealers with open allocations on GT3's and we are all asking for hefty deposits for MSRP deals, and ordered the way you want it.In our market, people are willing to pay over MSRP, but we don't practice that type of selling. We will,however, sell an ordered car ASAP to the next guy in line,when you fail to live up to your end by quickly. The alternative is this:dealers order the cars spec'd the way they want, and the first guy to the dealer wins.Thats really fun when your all yelling and cursing because someone got down here quicker than you or decided how to buy it quicker than you.9 out of 10 with 25K deposits come thru, and can stroke a check if they don't like the finance options I can provide.That one guy joins Rennlist and riles the rest of you with half thruths, and thats the most frustrating thing about this unfortunate incident.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

This is really fun...keep going guys.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...