Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Putting challenging customers like you to sleep while achieving maximum gross was my specialty.
Spoken like a true Ford/Kia Car guy.

While I respect the ability to 'put someone to sleep' as the next career sales guy, the fact that you say what you say how you say it ooozes with slime and makes me sick to my stomach that I'm in the same profession (or was) as you.You very well may have made a LOT more money then I've made or make.

Good for you.

There is a way to make maximum profit, while retaining the highest level of customer happiness and referals. It's called Honesty. Sure you can't tell a client EVERY detail; peoples heads would explode. Just like a Doctor or a Attorney can't OR shouldn't disclose everything. As humans, we just want to know that we were treated with respect, given a great deal, and will consistantly be treated with respect- Everyone loves doing business with people they know, like and trust.

Sure, you'll get the occassional 'grinder' whos' just a complete *** and their mission is to bleed myself and/or the dealerships dry of all profits. But even still, I politely decline the sale. Because people like that are NEVER happy. EVER.

But in this particular case (and i know there's two sides to every story, we're not dumb)(and who F'ing cares he drives a Maxima) what they did was plain and simply wrong.

I work in Ohio. The last place anyone would expect the type of dealership that I work for exists. Who we are: We're the largest Porsche dealership in the state of Ohio. We sell as many cars that would rival those on the east coast. We have 2 J.D. Powers associates awards for Merecedes Benz and Porsche. The ONLY dealer group that has ANY let alone two in the market region (out of 72 dealerships for MB and 12 Porsche Dealerships.) We got 'Best of the Best 2006' for Mercedes Benz. We're in the top 2% of Mercedes Dealership in the entire country for client satistfaction (6th in the nation) and we out sell MORE Mercedes Benz dealership in our entire market region.

And the joke is this: WE'RE MAKING MONEY. - The honest way-

My Boss and Dealer Principal is WELL known among Mercedes Benz and Porsche North America.

There's an ethical way and non ethical. BHP could have gone about this in a much better way. A $25k deposit is STILL a $25k deposit. If they wanted to make MSRP+ 20K then SAY SO. Don't be ******- If they weren't in the market they were in; they wouldn't get away with it to the degree the have.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 144 Posts

Fellas, if you re-read the thread, it is quite clear that BHP was soliciting buyers before informing the person with a $25,000 deposit on the car that there was a "credit problem" and returning his/her money. Regardless of whether there is/was a credit problem or not, that is inexcusable.

And if there is/was a credit problem, with $25,000 being held, they owe him/her the courtesy of a phone call to straighten out the situation and deliver the car as agreed. (In addition, there should be documentation from the financial institution if there actually was a credit rejection.)

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage over this...it could happen to anybody here waiting for a GT2/GT3/GT3RS.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Fellas, if you re-read the thread, it is quite clear that BHP was soliciting buyers before informing the person with a $25,000 deposit on the car that there was a "credit problem" and returning his/her money. Regardless of whether there is/was a credit problem or not, that is inexcusable.

And if there is/was a credit problem, with $25,000 being held, they owe him/her the courtesy of a phone call to straighten out the situation and deliver the car as agreed. (In addition, there should be documentation from the financial institution if there actually was a credit rejection.)

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage over this...it could happen to anybody here waiting for a GT2/GT3/GT3RS.
You are correct, and that is just all wrong if BHP were doing that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
What do you call the successful ******* as you defined it who hits a bump in the road and becomes unsuccessful?
I guess "an SOB who had it coming" is what Society would say.

But then again, a "bump inthe road" is euphamy too.

It all depends on which side you happen to be on at the given moment.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

While I'll be the first to admit that if all is as solo and You have portrayed, then BHP would be guilty of being highly irregular and an explaination would be appropriate. But now solo tells us that his address is a problem too. But only after the BS Horns were flashed his way.

While the two car guys can go on and on (and Stoppie, I do appreciate Honesty and Integrity, no dissing you here) the reality is pretty clear. We STILL don't have the whole story.

Now Smithee, why is that you say with such confidence that solo here is Bambi and BHP is the Big Bad Wolf?

I have no skin in this game, but if someone is pulling my leg from the start, I am cautious about throwing my support.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

True, but there seems to be too many factors that suggest this guy is a novice buyer. And, it seems that BHP thought that the guy seemed weak too. It's unfortunate but I think that there is a lot to be learned here and I'm sure if the guy is smart this would not happen again.

This buyer should be raising hell with PNA and getting what he was promised. If he just forgets about it then it just proves the point.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Though I agree there is always two sides to a story, I honest cannot conceive of a scenario (other than the deposit check bouncing) which would justify the dealership selling the car without at least making one last effort to the person who ordered the car and had given a $25,000 deposit.

Clearly the dealership had an opportunity to make more money on the car and they sold it to someone else. That is why at a minimum he should contact Porsche NA. If Porsche finds he has a case they will do two things. Get him another car soon and reduce allocations to BHP.

Stories of this kind can only hurt Porsche NA and they must act swiftly and decisively. BHP is very fortunate I was not the customer.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

25k down? at the beginning it was 5k wasnt it?

who would put 25 down on a gt3? what a waste of money

my guess is unqualified buyer morphing into a troll
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by watt
25k down? at the beginning it was 5k wasnt it?

who would put 25 down on a gt3? what a waste of money

my guess is unqualified buyer morphing into a troll
I agree, I wouldn't have put 25k down if I didn't have to but BHP insisted that is their policy.

As I mentioned before, I am willing to buy the car out right, so I am afraird it is not even a matter of qualification of the purchasing power.

Remember my business partner bought one at the same time (just not a GT3), so clearly it is NOT the financial issue here. It is the moral and integrity that I question here.

Frankly at this point in time I am f*cking pissed enough that I want to take it all the way to PCNA and even the state atterney general. I totally feel ripped off here.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SrfCity
True, but there seems to be too many factors that suggest this guy is a novice buyer. And, it seems that BHP thought that the guy seemed weak too. It's unfortunate but I think that there is a lot to be learned here and I'm sure if the guy is smart this would not happen again.

This buyer should be raising hell with PNA and getting what he was promised. If he just forgets about it then it just proves the point.
You are absolutely correct. As I mentioned before, I am definitely new to the Porschephile scene. I have purchased BMW and MB before but never would I thought that I had to go through so much agorny for getting my dream car.

This absolutely teaches me a valuable lesson and right now I am definitely consulting my lawyers for appropriate actions.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Now Smithee, why is that you say with such confidence that solo here is Bambi and BHP is the Big Bad Wolf?
I have no skin in this either, but looking at the first page of posts, it sure does look like BHP sold it out from under this guy:

2/18 Original poster says he's been contacted about the car, and give the details

2/20 Solo1111 says it sounds like his car

2/20 Solo1111 says he's spoken with his salesman, and everything is cool

2/28 Solo1111 says he received an e-mail that the car was sold to somebody else.

I can't think of any situation where BHP is acting ethically by soliciting buyers 10 days before the deposit holder is told he won't be getting the car.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by allegretto
While I'll be the first to admit that if all is as solo and You have portrayed, then BHP would be guilty of being highly irregular and an explaination would be appropriate. But now solo tells us that his address is a problem too. But only after the BS Horns were flashed his way.

Just for an example: We had and HAVE clients - I cannot mention names - but clients with CREDIT issues you wouldn't believe, finance issues you wouldn't believe or BOTH - get 'bought' by the bank and away they drive in their new Mercedes or Porsche. And as compared to BHP- we're SMALLER FISH. So if WE can get people like the above mentioned bought on a car, and with MUCH less money down, then someone like BHP (2nd largest in the Country mind you) can get pretty much anyone they WANT bought. If not, if their finance guy can't get someone bought with $25k down, they are they weakest wet grape of a car guy ever. They belong at Best Buy selling phones or PC equipment. Even THAT'S an insult to a Best Buy kid; We hired a kid from Best Buy and he sells cars to Pro Atheletes.

See what I'm saying? All arrows are pointing BACK to the dealer.

While the two car guys can go on and on (and Stoppie, I do appreciate Honesty and Integrity, no dissing you here) the reality is pretty clear. We STILL don't have the whole story.

- Thanks bud, I appreciate it!

I have no skin in this game, but if someone is pulling my leg from the start, I am cautious about throwing my support.

Read above...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Shark-GT3
Advanced

Hmmm...Solo you sound like you are twelve.

A couple of observations:

Your business partner is probably a great deal smarter with his money.
Driving a Maxima now, but past Mercedes and BMW's?
(I can imagine the scenerio, but it takes a lot of creativity, **** Empire, Amway, maybe even flipping some houses?)

25,000 dollar deposits are not easily forgotten, even for the very well-to-do.
(Part of the reason they have money.)

And my favorite part, It has taken you 10-days to come to the conclusion that you need to approach PCNA. (If the complete story is to be believed) If you show them as much due-dilegence as you have taken with BHP, you may see no action taken whatsoever.

Amazing how this thread has taken on so many side topics. Very entertaining.

I hope it ends well for you, and I am very sorry that your dream-car will apparently be postponed.
Keep working hard and you will laugh about this some day.

We await the juicy details
Old 03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Paul523
Pro

Solo, it's unconscionable if BHP did as you indicate.

Early in this thread, in a posting Feb 20th you confirmed w/BHP your name was still on the car...... so yesterday Feb 28 you got an email informing you the car was sold? The GT3 had physically arrived at the dealer and gone? Did you even know the car was off the boat and had arrived at the dealer during the intervening 8 days?

when did you submit the rejected credit application? Did you get a call or email to tell you the GT3 was at the dealer? I want to know more before really pummeling BHP.

The times I have financed, the dealer calls me when the truck shows up with my car. Dealer took my written credit app the day before scheduled delivery or the same day as delivery and called me an hour or two later to tell me it's good to go........ if I were rejected for credit and someone else were hot to buy the same car, I would expect them to give me 24 hours-- maybe 48 hours at the most if I'd had a 6-month/$25K on deposit-- but no more to make payment/lease happen. A bank wire transfer can be
transacted/vetted/confirmed by dealer's bank in 1 -2 hours or less if done during the business day.

I hope it works out for you with an equitable solution. GT Silver 3 might be hard to find immediately but hopefully you'll have something before summer.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:24 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

I have no skin in this either, but looking at the first page of posts, it sure does look like BHP sold it out from under this guy:

2/18 Original poster says he's been contacted about the car, and give the details

2/20 Solo1111 says it sounds like his car

2/20 Solo1111 says he's spoken with his salesman, and everything is cool

2/28 Solo1111 says he received an e-mail that the car was sold to somebody else.

I can't think of any situation where BHP is acting ethically by soliciting buyers 10 days before the deposit holder is told he won't be getting the car.
Agreed. Still, if you're gonna sit in judgement, you have to hear both sides, and if possible be presented with compelling evidence.

I'm NOT saying anyone is lying or that anyone is a rotten nest of predetors until I hear more than I have heard. That's all.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...