Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BHP Luva
Of course not. But you have no problem telling me thats all we should make. You also have no problem leaving angry post because hot cars are produced in short supplies.I know many dealers with open allocations on GT3's and we are all asking for hefty deposits for MSRP deals, and ordered the way you want it.In our market, people are willing to pay over MSRP, but we don't practice that type of selling. We will,however, sell an ordered car ASAP to the next guy in line,when you fail to live up to your end by quickly. The alternative is this:dealers order the cars spec'd the way they want, and the first guy to the dealer wins.Thats really fun when your all yelling and cursing because someone got down here quicker than you or decided how to buy it quicker than you.9 out of 10 with 25K deposits come thru, and can stroke a check if they don't like the finance options I can provide.That one guy joins Rennlist and riles the rest of you with half thruths, and thats the most frustrating thing about this unfortunate incident.

Does anyone else see that only people who can not " STROKE " a check for a large amount are the only ones who use this verbage??? This guy makes a lot of statements about others feelings
Old 03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfie
This is really fun...keep going guys.
Hey Alfie!!! I see you are watching this one too..??

I have one word.....

"Amazing"....

Best to you!

John D.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

You know you just got unlucky BHP-- Typically what happens here is what you saw. Someone comes in and complains and we all go high order-
Then after so many pages the offending party comes in and tells us the other side -then we calm down and look at both sides-- usually ending up with us commending the retailer for being professional and explaining-You came in and were hot and not very professional-That was your choice and your right-but you run the risk of us believing the other side. Now youre calmed down and giving us some rational explanations-So maybe work with Solo and see if you guys came come to an agreement and everybody will be happy. There would alot respect gained maybe? Everyone blows their top occasionally.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:09 PM
BHP Luva
Track Day

Your right, I can't stroke a check fro 140K plus TTL. If you can, I'll take your 25K deposit.I guess my question to you,jimhuber,is what does your post have to do with anything?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
jimhuber
Racer

i cannot believe you people are for real!?!Threatening someones job because they defended their employer? I may not express the veiws of the GM, but am I not allowed to express my views in a closed forum that I paid to be apart of?without fear of reprisal?

HEY, Dumb ***. This is not a closed forum, and your problem is you have talk before think cronic problem. I hope you learn. It is not your job to defend your employer and your employer would not want a Dumb ***, of your rank to defend him as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:15 PM
BHP Luva
Track Day

We did work with the customer, and modified an April allocattion for him. He seemed very happy, and let me add again: the man who is ordering and posting, is not the end user on the reg and title.So in effect, I'm not sure who we are dealing with and if he can write check. Now, this morning, there is a voice mail from the man who cannot finance the car,saying he wants to cancel his order.Which to me says they can't handle the car.This goes on more than you'd suspect, even with large deposits.Then I'm stuck with a Cobalt/seablue GT3 with red seatbelts.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 PM
BHP Luva
Track Day

jimhuber, speaking for Kentucky.When you get divorced from your wife jim, is she still your sister?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Amazing thread . . .

Solo, where are you?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quite a thread indeed!

We've heard from four salesmen. Not suprisingly in the highly competitive, customer mobile business they are in, none of them seem to like each other. Is anyone suprised? I for one, am not. I don't think any of these guys are "a$$holes". THey are all likely good men and car enthusiasts who are fighting for the same piece of pie. Capitalism and free-markets make for a crude forge.

What I find most arresting is a noobie shows up with an obviously half-a$$ed sob story and right away everyone is ready to jump on an established dealer with no doubt thousands of satisfied customers. Then another seasoned salesman comes along and says "bull$hit" and right away he's an "a$$hole". Then our established guy Stoppie (also no doubt a caring professional) gets his dander up. Finally, the dealer answers, rudely but not without some provocation, and he gets his head bit off (more viciously than I think he deserved I might add).

All because someone with a sketchy story starts crying.

I'm not a salesman, but OTOH in open commerce we all are in a way. But I'll bet taking care of all the different types who even think they want a Porsche can be a taxing job. Once you get past the real buyers you have endless tire-kicking and BS stories to deal with. In a land where there are many on the make (So Cal) it's not suprising that everyonce in a while a dealer can fail to satisfy all whims.

To all the Professional Salesmen who participated in this thread I'd like to thank you for showing us several different perspectives and giving us the insight into an aspect of the world we all participate in but rarely view from your perspective.

There is a special sense of humor and competitiveness/comradery in many professions that an outsider doesn't understand so easily. I'm sure these fellas, as much as they've chewed on each other could have a beer together too and laugh about it while they swap war stories.

I for one, enjoyed watching this saga unfold. Just my $.02
Old 03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I'll advise you to stop right in your tracks BHP dude. You're not making things better.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Selling is a art. does not matter if you sell condoms, cars or nuclear warheads, some have the talent, some don't.
Countless times I was treated like a doormat, but I swallowed my pride, took a quick look at my childrens pictures and marched on. I killed them with kindness and instead of hurting them with my fists I attacked their wallet and they never saw it coming. In the end , I laughed all the way to the bank and I had another potential repeat/referal customer, mission accomplished. Profit was never a dirty word for me.

i worked my way up from low level brands but never could stomach taking a family to the cleaners making 2 k a month and hammering them with a $ 700 payment because they needed a car to get to work and they were uneducated. I am the exact opposit of a liberal but that was on of the resaons that I moved to high end lux cars because I never ever felt sorry to take a rich mans money and selfishly enrichening myself doing so.
It's good to see you know the subtle difference between salesmanship and assault. You truly are a credit to your kind.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:25 PM
jimhuber
Racer

jimhuber, speaking for Kentucky.When you get divorced from your wife jim, is she still your sister?

The only reason for a off topic comeback is that you must remove attention from the delta to reach for a old and worn out sterotype is you, my little buddy, car sale professional, friend, is you are out of reason, and you do not understand that your pride is the thing you suffer from. So?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Hi there John,

I've been amused by this thread tremendously, but other than to comment on its entertainment value, I'm gonna stay right out of it.

From someone who has sells Porsches in a tough market and someone who has sold cars on rennlist, I think this whole discussion is a riot.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zellamsee
Amazing thread . . .

Solo, where are you?
I am still here.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:35 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfie
....From someone who has sells Porsches in a tough market and someone who has sold cars on rennlist, I think this whole discussion is a riot.
Hey Alfie!!

Well - apparently, when Jen and I purchased our Porsches from you - you left out all this drama..

I WANT A REFUND - OR ADD THE DAMNED DRAMA BACK INTO THE NEXT ONE WE BUY FROM YOU!!!!

Best to you!

John D.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...