Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020 | 03:07 PM
GPappy
Racer

Originally Posted by Abe Froman
Oh man, look at this piece of S--T
https://www.rvaautos.com/details/use...e-911/63428008
I've seen far too many 997.2s in a beautiful color combo that are in crap condition.
Might
Might be worth some TLC. Would love to find a 2011 for $30K somewhere close enough to really see how much it would take to clean up.
Old 03-27-2020 | 03:11 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by GPappy
Might
Might be worth some TLC. Would love to find a 2011 for $30K somewhere close enough to really see how much it would take to clean up.
For sure...it's a gorgeous color combo!
Old 03-27-2020 | 03:26 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

It's almost tragic that nearly every Porsche Racing Green (and Macadamia) 997.2 has that dreadful Sand Beige leather.
PRG/Mac over cocoa is a beautiful combo.
95% were launch cars, which were PDK/PRG/Sand Beige/12-way seats. This is one of the only ones I have seen that isn't!

Old 03-27-2020 | 03:28 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Prediction: 997.2 C4S PDKs with 30-50K miles will probably be down into the 40s/low 50s due to this whole "thing".

Far off?
I don't know about the C4S, but I think one on BAT hit $51k RNM on BAT the other day. Being a 2012 meant that it was worth more than a comparable 2009 model.
Old 03-27-2020 | 03:46 PM
RacerWannabe
Rennlist Member

For sure...it's a gorgeous color combo!
Agree - lovely colors. Would be interested to see what a PPI shows. Could be a very nice auto at 29-30k.
Old 03-27-2020 | 03:53 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Might
I remember when this car for sale in Chattanooga. Some guys on here looked at it and passed on ti, but I cannot recall why.

Its a flood car. Be super careful although there has been a lot of miles put on it since the flood and branded title.
Old 03-27-2020 | 03:55 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by Doug H
I remember when this car for sale in Chattanooga. Some guys on here looked at it and passed on ti, but I cannot recall why.

Its a flood car. Be super careful although there has been a lot of miles put on it since the flood and branded title.
Yes, that's what I was thinking! IIRC it was in Alabama at one point, too.
It would make a nice, IDK....$20,000 beater/track car?
Old 03-27-2020 | 04:05 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by raidersfan
I don't know about the C4S, but I think one on BAT hit $51k RNM on BAT the other day. Being a 2012 meant that it was worth more than a comparable 2009 model.
Auction results, including BAT, are not market price. Auctions are full of bottom feeders looking for cheap deals UNLESS the car is super rare, one off and etc. which you will not really find on BAT. The $51k would also be $53.5k purchase price with the buyer's premium.

BAT is a very small target market and very small time frame. I for one have never once looked at BAT to purchase a car and very few in the market look there.

I recently tried to talk one of my closet friends out of sending over 40 cars off to Mecum, but he fell for their high pressure car salesmen BS. he also got talked out of setting reserves and he got raped. He got about 40% of what he thought he could get on the very worst day if he sold them retail himself.

I learned my my lessons with selling at auctions long ago. You will very rarely get retail unless you have something rare and unique and then you have to consider any purchaser's premiums when calculating actual sales price of the car.
Old 03-27-2020 | 04:17 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Auction results, including BAT, are not market price. Auctions are full of bottom feeders looking for cheap deals UNLESS the car is super rare, one off and etc. which you will not really find on BAT. The $51k would also be $53.5k purchase price with the buyer's premium.

BAT is a very small target market and very small time frame. I for one have never once looked at BAT to purchase a car and very few in the market look there.

I recently tried to talk one of my closet friends out of sending over 40 cars off to Mecum, but he fell for their high pressure car salesmen BS. he also got talked out of setting reserves and he got raped. He got about 40% of what he thought he could get on the very worst day if he sold them retail himself.

I learned my my lessons with selling at auctions long ago. You will very rarely get retail unless you have something rare and unique and then you have to consider any purchaser's premiums when calculating actual sales price of the car.
A friend had a similar experience at Barrett-Jackson. It blows my mind people would put their cars on the block with no reserve...unless it's some ultra rare old car they found in a barn/inherited/bought new.
Old 03-27-2020 | 04:28 PM
GPappy
Racer

That would kill it for me. Combination of flood car and branded title for any reason. Couldn't give my Theft Recovery branded 996.

Old 03-27-2020 | 04:31 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

That would kill it for me. Combination of flood car and branded title for any reason. Couldn't give my Theft Recovery branded 986.
It would be a fun winter beater or track car if the price is low enough...
At a low enough price we'd be comparing a properly running 997.2 flood car with a clean Mk6 GTI. But at 30K you're comparing a flood damaged 997.2 with a high mileage, clean 997.1.
Old 03-27-2020 | 04:52 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Why are you whining about cars being sold to "bottom feeders" on BAT? If the car is nice, it will get flipped quickly and the arbitrage will go away. Between friends and myself, we have sold 6 cars on BAT, and all did at least 10% more than the best trade-in offer from a dealer. It brings a lot of eyeballs and weird cars can find a home for a reasonable value; cars there do much better than at dealers for this reason. Take that nicely rebuilt salvage title 993 which sold the other day. I have driven this car; it is solid and straight as an arrow, but a lot of dealers wouldn't want it due to rules or uncertainty. Yet, the seller, on BAT, was vouched for by many (he is a well known instructor locally and friend to many) and that helps his sale price. People have confidence and know the story. Plenty of super nice cars there go for close to retail. It isn't a retail platform; it is primarily a private party platform designed to cut out the dealer and put more money in both the buyer's and seller's hands.

Why you would have a problem with BAT and people getting cars for less than retail is beyond me; I thought this was the point of the entire thread. I would much rather engage with an enthusiast private party than a retail dealer who will say anything to make a sale.

I think what you meant to say was "BAT pricing is what cars currently go for, not what dealers wished they sold for"

The following 2 users liked this post by raidersfan:
Adams (03-28-2020), chekraze (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020 | 05:03 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Whoa....many cars that are $5,000-10,000 below value!
432 days for sale at that dealership... even with the price reduction, that speaks volumes.
Old 03-27-2020 | 05:15 PM
lexhair
Pro

Originally Posted by Darkhorse
Great, I bought my 2009 C4S manual cab with 27K miles for $50k three years ago and spent 5K more getting it like I wanted it. Nothing like driving a Porsche for not a lot of depreciation. Maintenance can be a little painful if you do it all on time, but Porsches are not as bad as many other cars in the same market.
Solid buy.
Old 03-27-2020 | 05:27 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Why are you whining about cars being sold to "bottom feeders" on BAT? If the car is nice, it will get flipped quickly and the arbitrage will go away. Between friends and myself, we have sold 6 cars on BAT, and all did at least 10% more than the best trade-in offer from a dealer. It brings a lot of eyeballs and weird cars can find a home for a reasonable value; cars there do much better than at dealers for this reason. Take that nicely rebuilt salvage title 993 which sold the other day. I have driven this car; it is solid and straight as an arrow, but a lot of dealers wouldn't want it due to rules or uncertainty. Yet, the seller, on BAT, was vouched for by many (he is a well known instructor locally and friend to many) and that helps his sale price. People have confidence and know the story. Plenty of super nice cars there go for close to retail. It isn't a retail platform; it is primarily a private party platform designed to cut out the dealer and put more money in both the buyer's and seller's hands.

Why you would have a problem with BAT and people getting cars for less than retail is beyond me; I thought this was the point of the entire thread. I would much rather engage with an enthusiast private party than a retail dealer who will say anything to make a sale.

I think what you meant to say was "BAT pricing is what cars currently go for, not what dealers wished they sold for"
Lol, you didn’t even remotely listen to what I said.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)