Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2020 | 12:18 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Doug H
there will still be guys out that will pay $$$s for those super rare, unicorn or time capsule cars.
Very true.
Old 03-23-2020 | 12:24 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by nochain19
https://jalopnik.com/many-car-dealer...ign=2020-03-20

here is a timely article from Jalopnik. I dont think it will be up to the dealers how close to cost they sell it.

for those that were around during GFC, it took a LONG time for the market for assets to catch up with stock market and reality. a ton of stuff (houses & cars) just sat forever until they were forced sales with people holding out for things to go back to where they were. we are only 2 weeks into CV....
Quoted wrong post.

Last edited by Doug H; 03-23-2020 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2020 | 01:48 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Radmd74
DH,

Here is the link. Ofc pricing is skewed due to our current world issues. But if you can look through that and say your thoughts on this GTS versus similar GTS car specw aerokit and what difference in price would you forecast? You're opinion ofc.

https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...bd220f89b4.htm
Looks like a nice car. This thing is obviously priced due to mileage and being sold as mint, which it probably is. As always, get a PPI.

As far as price, the car is a pdk and only worth that much to someone demanding the best and wanting as close to mint as possible. I personally would not pay this much for a pdk and would rather pay low to mid $70s for one with 15k to 25k miles. You could offer $76k to $78k or so for it and see if they bite.

I also think the comfort seats and alcantara delete makes this car a little less liquid. I personally prefer seat ventilation over sports seats, many like/want the alcanttara sport seats in a GTS coupe/
The following users liked this post:
Radmd74 (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020 | 10:55 AM
RacerWannabe
Rennlist Member

Apologies if repost. 2009 C2 PDK White https://www.legendcarcompany.com/200...rera-c-504.htm
Old 03-23-2020 | 12:42 PM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

Nice car
Old 03-23-2020 | 01:18 PM
chekraze
Racer

Originally Posted by raidersfan
If I were a dealer today, I would try to get out of it what I could (hopefully cost), shut down for the time being, lay everyone off, and pay rent/overhead as best as I could while negotiating with note-holder/landlord for a discount. Retailers have a lot of leverage in this situation: I spoke with the head of acquisition for a Real Estate P/E firm and he told me they are cutting deals to keep businesses alive. Their lenders are working with them as well. 50% of something is a lot better than 100% of nothing, and nothing is what they get if they force someone out of business right now.

As a dealer, paying a discounted lease rate with little to no other overhead gives one a fighting chance. Keeping people on while holding onto expensive inventory and hoping this will all blow over is very risky. It might pay off, but the odds are long that it will, and if it doesn't, it puts a dealer a lot closer to bankruptcy. Plus, if I, as a lender, see that the dealer is liquidating all inventory just to go into hibernation and live to fight another day, I know they are not making money while crying poor.

In business, gains don't end you; losses do. Too many people become emotionally committed or fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy. If it isn't bringing anything to the table in terms of profit, loss-leadership, or future potential, re-adjust your strategy to minimize losses and re-allocate resources to more profitable enterprises. If there aren't any, then wait until things turn around. Whatever people paid for cars at some point in the past is irrelevant. What people will pay for them today and in the forsee-able future, and how this balances against the future costs of operating a business, are all that matter. It is no different than running a conglomerate: they get too large and the 80% of well-run divisions are pulled down by the 20% of non-performers. The company is too unwieldy to cut the dead weight and underperforms as a result.
I’d say this is dead on. If I could sell some stocks today for what I paid for them I’d do it in a heartbeat to live for another day and get back in when environment is more favorable. So I'd expect smaller car sellers to sell even at small loss. Stay liquid. Stay alive

Last edited by chekraze; 03-23-2020 at 06:26 PM. Reason: add words
Old 03-23-2020 | 01:25 PM
superman22x
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chekraze
I’d say this is dead on. If I could sell some stocks today for what I paid for them I’d do it in a heartbeat to live for another day and get back in when environment is more favorable.
The question I ask myself when considering this is, "Would I buy them at the current price?" If the answer is absolutely no, then I should be selling them at the current price.
Old 03-23-2020 | 01:43 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chekraze
I’d say this is dead on. If I could sell some stocks today for what I paid for them I’d do it in a heartbeat to live for another day and get back in when environment is more favorable.
The only thing about shuttering some of the smaller, high end and European Boutiques is that many of them are like families (personal side) and payroll expense when not selling cars is very minimal (economics side). The majority of costs are fixed and floor plan. Shutting the door down does not make those go away, so it is almost better to try and keep your "family" working and hope for some sales to cover fixed costs. That said, they are non-essential unless perhaps providing service or repair work so they are shut down anyway in many places. Seems like they could function from home for internet sales though.

Spoke to one of my close friends with a dealership Sunday. He sounded upbeat, but he is just that kind of guy. His stand-in mother fell last week and broke both of her wrists, his wedding in April just got cancelled and I know he is worried as are my close friends that work for them. I didn't ask his plan moving forward as none of my business if he didn't offer. Prayers for everyone as this shyte is real.
Old 03-23-2020 | 05:41 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Not a 997, but check out this beauty. An absolutely gorgeous unicorn of a car.

You may disagree with Porsche Warrington pricing, but Sloan/Richard Sloan Motors has always had the unicorn, one off, premo stuff. Looks like Warraington is part of Richard Sloan or Sloan family.

https://www.porschewarrington.com/us...a3dbc7ea6f.htm
Fined (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020 | 06:30 PM
chekraze
Racer

The only thing about shuttering some of the smaller, high end and European Boutiques is that many of them are like families (personal side) and payroll expense when not selling cars is very minimal (economics side). The majority of costs are fixed and floor plan. Shutting the door down does not make those go away, so it is almost better to try and keep your "family" working and hope for some sales to cover fixed costs. That said, they are non-essential unless perhaps providing service or repair work so they are shut down anyway in many places. Seems like they could function from home for internet sales though.

Spoke to one of my close friends with a dealership Sunday. He sounded upbeat, but he is just that kind of guy. His stand-in mother fell last week and broke both of her wrists, his wedding in April just got cancelled and I know he is worried as are my close friends that work for them. I didn't ask his plan moving forward as none of my business if he didn't offer. Prayers for everyone as this shyte is real.
What I meant was it's best for the small player to sell cars at whatever they can get for them to be able to cover their overhead, stay in business and be ready for the next wave up. Whatever loss they may take on the car is a lot less than sellers in today's stock market are facing I'd say

Last edited by chekraze; 03-23-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Doug H (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020 | 09:54 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by superman22x
The question I ask myself when considering this is, "Would I buy them at the current price?" If the answer is absolutely no, then I should be selling them at the current price.
I see that you take Richard Thaler's advice to heart! If only everyone acted so rationally!
admranger (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020 | 10:18 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Not a 997, but check out this beauty. An absolutely gorgeous unicorn of a car.

You may disagree with Porsche Warrington pricing, but Sloan/Richard Sloan Motors has always had the unicorn, one off, premo stuff. Looks like Warraington is part of Richard Sloan or Sloan family.

https://www.porschewarrington.com/us...a3dbc7ea6f.htm

Oh my word. Just sat here oogling at the pictures. What beautiful sight.
Old 03-24-2020 | 02:43 AM
tojo92
Rennlist Member

Default 997.2 C4S found on Austin, TX CL

This seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true deals, but I thought I'd post it here anyway. Not mine but it seems like it's undervalued by quite a bit. It could be someone trying to panic sell it before things get bad, I just don't know. Proceed with caution but if you're looking, it might be worth a look. I personally would not sell my 2009 Carrera 2 base for this price and I've got over a hundred thousand miles on mine. I'm available to check it out if anyone finds out it's a real deal and they're interested from out of the area.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...097972766.html
Old 03-24-2020 | 06:15 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tojo92
This seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true deals, but I thought I'd post it here anyway. Not mine but it seems like it's undervalued by quite a bit. It could be someone trying to panic sell it before things get bad, I just don't know. Proceed with caution but if you're looking, it might be worth a look. I personally would not sell my 2009 Carrera 2 base for this price and I've got over a hundred thousand miles on mine. I'm available to check it out if anyone finds out it's a real deal and they're interested from out of the area.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...097972766.html
He is listing options that were not available on a 997.2 and that do not match the pictures. Nice professional dealer photos. Can you even get a 2009 up to $137k? Low mileage pristine, manual 997.2?C4S for $33k.
Old 03-24-2020 | 08:24 AM
GPappy
Racer

He is listing options that were not available on a 997.2 and that do not match the pictures. Nice professional dealer photos. Can you even get a 2009 up to $137k? Low mileage pristine, manual 997.2?C4S for $33k.
Yes, but we can dream........

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)