Sponsored by:

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 01:44 AM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
I was under the impression floatingkiwi was referring to the maps themselves not the actual software (softwares).
Correct, it is a bit tricky because he was writing maps designed to be used with 2 mode firmware into his 3 mode firmware unit. I did this exact scenario during a track day about a month ago and that car responded well. My only thought is maybe there is a difference in early and late 3 mode is units. Some work well with 2 mode tables and some don't? Just a thought. It almost sounds like the system defaulted to full stiff, which is what the OEM system will do if encounters a fault. Once again, not sure what the DSC does in this scenario.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:56 AM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom has said the system will default to full stiff if it detects a shock error/failure so I'd assume the same with a software error.

That there are DSC units with 2 or 3 modes out there has obviously caused some confusion. I was only aware of the 3 mode until later in this thread people started asking about a 2 mode "update" which didn't make much sense to me.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:21 AM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The official DSC sport discussion thread has some good info in it as well! Check it out.

Hoping the new DSC sport website will be up soon too. Should be a pretty cool deal.

Last edited by JD-Motorsports; 01-02-2016 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:29 PM
motopix
Pro

Originally Posted by JD-Motorsports
The official DSC sport discussion thread has some good info in it as well! Check it out.

Hoping the new DSC sport website will be up soon too. Should be a pretty cool deal.

OK thanks. I'm all caught up with what's going on now. I might just upgrade to the 2 mode module since it has better integration with the PASM dash indicator and light. And I never use mode 3 anyway.

And as a reminder, the Official DSC thread it at https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ion-forum.html
Old 01-02-2016, 04:48 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
I was under the impression floatingkiwi was referring to the maps themselves not the actual software (softwares).
Yes I was referring to the maps.
Jeff - talk to you offline.

I only bought my module in August, so hopefully it is one of the newer ones?
it is a 3 moder though.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

I personally prefer the 3 modes.

1, as noted, is very floaty for the rough roads in my area.
2. higher speed driving, bit of extra stiffness for fun roads, but not really getting after it.
3. for purposeful aggressive driving.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:08 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Tuning Software Now Available!

We've got some great news!

The new DSC Sport website went live yesterday.

Here are the two big things to take from this new site:

• We now have ecommerce! At the moment, we're only accepting Paypal as a form of payment, but we will be implementing credit card services in the coming weeks; no specific date for this as of yet.
• The tuning software is now available for download to everybody! It's free of charge; we just ask for a little information about you to help us get to know you all a little better.

Bear in mind...
We are a small operation doing our best to offer you all the greatest resources and services available. The website just went live yesterday, so we may experience some hiccups along the way in the beginning. DSC Sport is committed to providing superior customer service, and we will be working diligently to correct any hiccups if they do occur. As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. If there's anything about the site that is particularly confusing or not intuitive, I encourage you to shoot me an email with your thoughts at jedwards@dscsport.com.

With that said...
I'd like to give a big thank you to all of our users and customers. You all truly do make what we do possible. We've come a long way over the past year, and a lot of developments have been coming along over the past few months that we're very excited about. Since our first few sales, the level of enthusiasm from our customers has been astounding, flattering, and encouraging to say the least.

We look forward to continuing to improve upon all facets of the DSC Sport experience - including product development, tech support, web services, and most importantly establishing and building upon a community of digital suspension tuners!

Many thanks to our customers and users once again, and we look forward to continued growth in 2016 and the years to come!

-Jordan
Old 01-06-2016, 12:28 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll check out the software but was wondering if you have a firmware update yet (3 mode to 2 mode) that is openly available. I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:47 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts
Default DCS Sport website feedback

Redacted and emailed directly.

Congrats on the new site launch!

Last edited by nwGTS; 01-06-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
We've got some great news!

The new DSC Sport website went live yesterday.

Here are the two big things to take from this new site:

• We now have ecommerce! At the moment, we're only accepting Paypal as a form of payment, but we will be implementing credit card services in the coming weeks; no specific date for this as of yet.
• The tuning software is now available for download to everybody! It's free of charge; we just ask for a little information about you to help us get to know you all a little better.

Bear in mind...
We are a small operation doing our best to offer you all the greatest resources and services available. The website just went live yesterday, so we may experience some hiccups along the way in the beginning. DSC Sport is committed to providing superior customer service, and we will be working diligently to correct any hiccups if they do occur. As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. If there's anything about the site that is particularly confusing or not intuitive, I encourage you to shoot me an email with your thoughts at jedwards@dscsport.com.

With that said...
I'd like to give a big thank you to all of our users and customers. You all truly do make what we do possible. We've come a long way over the past year, and a lot of developments have been coming along over the past few months that we're very excited about. Since our first few sales, the level of enthusiasm from our customers has been astounding, flattering, and encouraging to say the least.

We look forward to continuing to improve upon all facets of the DSC Sport experience - including product development, tech support, web services, and most importantly establishing and building upon a community of digital suspension tuners!

Many thanks to our customers and users once again, and we look forward to continued growth in 2016 and the years to come!

-Jordan
Awesome news!
Old 01-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi all,

Jut installed mine today.

Was wondering if the software/usb allows you to get/analyze driving data from the box itself? Or if it's only used for adding new maps?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2016, 02:51 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Anybody want to share their maps for use with Bilstein B16 damptronic coilovers?
Old 01-10-2016, 02:56 AM
motopix
Pro

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Anybody want to share their maps for use with Bilstein B16 damptronic coilovers?
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-forum-13.html

Check out post #190 in this above thread. I've shared Quadcammer's mode 1 settings and I have B16s. I'm not completely happy with it and will probably firm it up a bit.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:24 PM
RichFL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just installed mine in my 2011 Carrera S. I run street tires and the only other suspension mod is H&R anti roll bars. Headed to Sebring on 1/23 & 24 and anxious to see the handling improvement.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:47 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Sure.

1st setting. 70 max rate, full soft on shocks until 40%, tapers to 900 fr, 850 rear at max travel.

2nd, full soft until 7%, tapers to about 650 fr and rear, 50 max rate

3rd, full soft at 0, 500 I think at 100%, 50 max rate.

Still haven't messed with g table.

I'm most pleased about the comfort setting. It's supple like my couch
Do you feel comfortable explaining what you think the Rate Max actually is/does??? Noone else has a clue....

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread