Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:34 AM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I have, installed VMWare Fusion then used Windows Vista and then installed the drivers and app .... voila it works perfectly
Thanks, good to know.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:18 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
The OEM PASM shocks are made by Bilstein. We have concluded from our years of testing on our fleet of test cars that have gone through the different stages of OEM PASM, B8, and B16 shocks that the nominal mA range for all of the shock listed above for DSC software tuning is 400-1500mA. 400mA is full stiff, and 1500ma is full soft. I think I have wrote before that it was 500-1500ma, if I did, it was an error, and that 100ma difference at the end of the nominal range is immaterial on these mass-production quality shocks. You can enter a number outside of the nominal range and may get the results you are looking to achieve but the shocks will run hotter. Shouldn't cause damage for streets but just run hotter. I wouldn't do that for track though.

Tractive DDA shocks on the other hand have a range of 200-2000mA. The range of damping force for a given mA range is far greater range than Bilstein. And Tractive DDA shocks are far more stable at the limit.

So what does this mean for those of us who have shock tables that go all the way to 200ma - is this doing damage to our shocks? Should we change it to 400ma?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 943 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
So what does this mean for those of us who have shock tables that go all the way to 200ma - is this doing damage to our shocks? Should we change it to 400ma?
Excellent questions! I am very very glad you asked them. I was going to address this after getting clarification from our Design Engineers this morning but you have beat me to the posting. First you must know the following. 1) OEM/Bilstein is not giving us any of these data, we determine the range from hundreds of hours of dyno, road, and track testing on multiple development cars and we collected data from our local beta user's cars. 2)The software you have is the Engineer's Version, its an extremely powerful tool. we will continue to learn and adapt to different tuning strategy for new platforms. And 3) our Design Engineers usually give very short and vague answers.

To answer your questions-
So what does this mean for those of us who have shock tables that go all the way to 200ma - is this doing damage to our shocks?
No. Previously I wrote that going outside the range will cause the shocks to run hotter, well, that is only partially true. After clarification from our Engineers to the original vague answer I am happy to report the shocks will only run hotter going outside the range on the soft end, which is when the higher amperage is applied. For example, greater than 1500mA for extended periods of time with OEM/Bilstein shocks is not good due to the higher amperage. However, there is a safety clamp built-in to the DSC module that won't allow excessive mA from going to shocks to prevent damage. Going lower amperage won't do damage.

Should we change it to 400ma?
No. 400mA is full stiff in terms of peak damping value. Going to a lower mA, such as 200mA, changes the slope of the damping to the peak value.
Again, 400mA is full stiff and 1500mA is full soft in peak damping value on OEM/Bilstein shocks. Going out the range changes the slope angle to the peak value. Changing the slope angle is a tuning strategy.

Previously I wrote this post # 177- "You can enter a number outside of the nominal range and may get the results you are looking to achieve but the shocks will run hotter. Shouldn't cause damage for streets but just run hotter. I wouldn't do that for track though. "
I would like to make a retraction on the above. All three sentences are untrue. I interpolated those from a vague answer and then added my own err on the side of caution.

It is not my intention to misinform. I am correcting errors as quickly as possible. I promise to do a better job in getting clarification. I am the middle man between Engineers and DSC users, and I am a DSC user.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 01-06-2016, 05:08 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Dont worry Tom - we appreciate the middle man!!! I'm an engineer myself so I get the need for the dude in the middle....
Old 01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts
Default DSC Sport Tuning Software Now Available! New Website!

We've got some great news!

The new DSC Sport website went live yesterday.

Here are the two big things to take from this new site:

• We now have ecommerce! At the moment, we're only accepting Paypal as a form of payment, but we will be implementing credit card services in the coming weeks; no specific date for this as of yet.
• The tuning software is now available for download to everybody! It's free of charge; we just ask for a little information about you to help us get to know you all a little better.

Bear in mind...
We are a small operation doing our best to offer you all the greatest resources and services available. The website just went live yesterday, so we may experience some hiccups along the way in the beginning. DSC Sport is committed to providing superior customer service, and we will be working diligently to correct any hiccups if they do occur. As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. If there's anything about the site that is particularly confusing or not intuitive, I encourage you to shoot me an email with your thoughts at jedwards@dscsport.com.

With that said...
I'd like to give a big thank you to all of our users and customers. You all truly do make what we do possible. We've come a long way over the past year, and a lot of developments have been coming along over the past few months that we're very excited about. Since our first few sales, the level of enthusiasm from our customers has been astounding, flattering, and encouraging to say the least.

We look forward to continuing to improve upon all facets of the DSC Sport experience - including product development, tech support, web services, and most importantly establishing and building upon a community of digital suspension tuners!

Many thanks to our customers and users once again, and we look forward to continued growth in 2016 and the years to come!

-Jordan
Old 01-06-2016, 02:52 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts
Default DSC Sports Website Feedback

Redacted and emailed directly.

Congrats on the new site!

Last edited by nwGTS; 01-06-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:31 PM
squeegee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is their a place for downloading of different profiles.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just ordered via the new site

You guys made it too easy, this could get dangerous.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:10 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by squeegee
There is a phase 2 of the website that is in the works. One of the features we will be introducing in phase 2 is a forum for discussing and sharing files and experiences with DSC Sport.

-Jordan
Old 01-07-2016, 01:39 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by squeegee
In the mean time, feel free to upload and download maps using this share.

Originally Posted by nzskater
I created a folder in Google Drive to allow us to easily share maps. Should be accessible to anyone with the link: http://bit.ly/22FSPxa Feel free to upload any custom maps you've put together.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:57 PM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Very happy with my DSC which arrived recently for my 997.2 GT3 after a first run today. It's more compliant but also has better support when leaning on it.

Thanks to everyone on here that helped me decide to take the punt :-)
Old 01-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Very happy with mine so far!

Ride quality has improved dramatically over bumps and uneven roads, both slow and at speed. As an unexpected side effect, some little cabin rattles I had are now gone. And when taking corners fast, the car feels super stable and stuck to the ground.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:33 AM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chris Ferrell
Very happy with mine so far!

Ride quality has improved dramatically over bumps and uneven roads, both slow and at speed. As an unexpected side effect, some little cabin rattles I had are now gone. And when taking corners fast, the car feels super stable and stuck to the ground.
Agreed; a good description.

TPC guys - are you looking out for a UK importer?
Old 01-12-2016, 11:55 AM
ZMC-ZH
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Anyone in Switzerland with DSC?

A would love to give it a try if someone has the DSC module installed.
I cannot really justify the expense but still wondering if I am missing on a great mod.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:35 PM
sl951
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What does the changes in mA's actually doing to the shock?

And are the mA's correlated to a damping direction? - rebound or compression

With all the testing going around, a OEM shock dyno graph with mA's relating to rebound and compression values would be great to see.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM