Sponsored by:

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:57 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JD-Motorsports
All good mate! The steering and accel tables are not used at this point.
Great! Good to know.

[SIZE=2]

Default rate (Lng Rate) = This is the “Default” soft shock setting when operating inside the “patch” or “box”. This number is the % from the shock calibration table. So if a 1 or 15 is present, 1% or 15% of the shock calibration will be applied. The early 3 mode units have 60 here. Need to confirm if this equates to 60% of the shock calibration or if a different method is used. ??
I have a 3-mode unit. Lng Rate is set at 60%. Does this mean that when I'm cruising at 0 G's, the shock calibration is 60%?

· Lat rate = This is a calculated value and is always set to 100 on the new units. On the early 3 mode units, this is set at 60.
Interesting. Should I bump mine up to 100? What does this do?

· Sensitivity (rate trigger) = This is the rate of change within the box, the Patch. The greater the number, the higher the sensitivity. This means the you will not deviate from the Default rate (Lng rate) as quickly. The smaller the number, the lower the sensitivity. This means you will deviate from the Default rate (Lng rate) more quickly. Therefore this is why we have a lower number in “sport” mode (10) compared to “normal” mode (15).
Is there any downside to decreasing the number for a more responsive suspension to g changes?

Thanks for posting all of this, really helpful information.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:12 AM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you ask.Your questions are the same questions I have for Mike @ DSC. The GForce parameter numbers for the 3 mode firmware units are a bit of a mystery to me. I don't want to assume anything at this point. I will work to get you and others some good quality information in regard to these values.

Cheers
Old 02-27-2016, 02:07 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Funny you ask.Your questions are the same questions I have for Mike @ DSC. The GForce parameter numbers for the 3 mode firmware units are a bit of a mystery to me. I don't want to assume anything at this point. I will work to get you and others some good quality information in regard to these values.

Cheers
Thanks, I know lots of people would be interested.

In the meantime, I have the Front calibration set to match DSC original mode 1 and the Rear set to match DSC original mode 2. (i.e. the rear is stiffer) Amazingly, almost all of the initial turn-in understeer disappeared. And the "floaty" feeling in the front at highway speed also disappeared. Amazing!

EDIT: I realize I wasn't clear, I meant the DSC-original modes 1 and 2 (not Porsche PASM box factory), revised for clarity

Last edited by gasongasoff; 02-27-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:37 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Thanks, I know lots of people would be interested.

In the meantime, I have the Front calibration set to match factory mode 1 and the Rear set to match factory mode 2. (i.e. the rear is stiffer) Amazingly, almost all of the initial turn-in understeer disappeared. And the "floaty" feeling in the front at highway speed also disappeared. Amazing!
Do you mean the porsche oem pasm module factory modes? How do you know what these are?
Old 02-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Do you mean the porsche oem pasm module factory modes? How do you know what these are?
+1
Old 02-27-2016, 01:56 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
I realize I wasn't clear, I was referring to the original mode 1/2 from the DSC (on a 3-mode module).
Old 02-29-2016, 04:44 PM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In the meantime, I have the Front calibration set to match DSC original mode 1 and the Rear set to match DSC original mode 2. (i.e. the rear is stiffer) Amazingly, almost all of the initial turn-in understeer disappeared. And the "floaty" feeling in the front at highway speed also disappeared. Amazing!
Isn't this in the same way a stiffer REAR sway bar will reduce understeer?
The following users liked this post:
Formulabob (08-15-2023)
Old 02-29-2016, 07:32 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Originally Posted by RJKflyer
Isn't this in the same way a stiffer REAR sway bar will reduce understeer?
That's what I was banking on...

On a different note, c'mon, I know more than 5 people have downloaded this software! Nobody else has done any tuning?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,551 Likes on 4,167 Posts

That's what I was banking on...

On a different note, c'mon, I know more than 5 people have downloaded this software! Nobody else has done any tuning?
My new tunable 2-mode module was delivered today. Unfortunately, I'm out of town so won't be loading my profiles into it until Friday when I return from my current trip. Mode 1 will be softer - 1500 in the first few g-table slots, down to a stiffness of 600 at the far right side. Mode 2 will be for mountain driving where the range will be evenly incremented from 1200 down to 500 or 400. I'm running Bilstein Damptronics with a full RSS Stage 2 kit. Current module only went as soft as 1200 in normal mode, which with the other suspension mods was a little too stiff for general use. Mine was such an early release version (gold box) that I couldn't write to it with the DSC Tuner software, thus the new module that's coming. Can't wait to get it programmed and back into the car to feel the difference.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:07 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Originally Posted by Petza914
My new tunable 2-mode module was delivered today. Unfortunately, I'm out of town so won't be loading my profiles into it until Friday when I return from my current trip. Mode 1 will be softer - 1500 in the first few g-table slots, down to a stiffness of 600 at the far right side. Mode 2 will be for mountain driving where the range will be evenly incremented from 1200 down to 500 or 400. I'm running Bilstein Damptronics with a full RSS Stage 2 kit. Current module only went as soft as 1200 in normal mode, which with the other suspension mods was a little too stiff for general use. Mine was such an early release version (gold box) that I couldn't write to it with the DSC Tuner software, thus the new module that's coming. Can't wait to get it programmed and back into the car to feel the difference.
Would definitely like to hear if you can feel an improvement. I'm planning to send my 3-mode in for a 2-mode soon.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Would definitely like to hear if you can feel an improvement. I'm planning to send my 3-mode in for a 2-mode soon.
Programmed and installed it back into the car today. Will be testing it out a bit tomorrow and will let you know my impressions.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:35 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Originally Posted by Petza914
Programmed and installed it back into the car today. Will be testing it out a bit tomorrow and will let you know my impressions.
Curious what your impression is. I just got my 2 mode upgrade back today so would love to compare notes.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Curious what your impression is. I just got my 2 mode upgrade back today so would love to compare notes.
Unfortunately the car hasn't come out of the garage since my last post and will be trapped in there a couple more days until we finish doing some Spring yard work (wall blocks and mulch - fun, fun), the supplies for which are sitting on the driveway in-front of the garage door.

Should be taking it out this weekend and comparing impressions sounds great.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:37 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Can anyone share any files ready to be uploaded? I have very soft "around the ugly Bostonian road" setting. Just looking the latest setting for:
1. Relativity flat track like LimeRock (stiffer a bit)
2. Very bumpy and hilly like Palmer or rain (softer).

How do we dial in more compression? I know suspension is entire system.

My goal is to have tires on the road and remove undesteer since I'd rather deal with oversteer.
Car is stock with good track alignment.

------------------
05'997.1 C2S
Old 03-23-2016, 08:16 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I created a folder in Google Drive to allow us to easily share maps. Should be accessible to anyone with the link: http://bit.ly/22FSPxa

Feel free to upload any custom maps you've put together.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread