DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,444 Likes on 4,106 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
This link doesn't seem to be working. I'm trying to adjust the shock calibration but am running into a steep learning curve here. I'll call later this week but is there a different link to the one you supplied here:
http://www.dscsport.com/tuning-maps/
I believe there's a video on YouTube that is rather lengthy, but will walk you through the software and programming, establishing communication with the module, how to populate the shock calibration table, write settings to the box, etc. It's worth the 20-30 mins. Here's the link -
https://youtu.be/SqH2J7xdKYk

Also, clicking on the Dropbox link in my post below #111) will take you to the Dropbox folder where we've been sharing our tuning maps. For some reason I can't copy and paste that link here using my phone and have it work, but clucking on it does.

Last edited by Petza914; 06-29-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:40 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks, Petza. Went through that video a couple of times. It helps with the basics but much of the settings in each tab were renamed for the new software and I also have the 2 mode version. Nevertheless, I can establish comms and load/save to the box, but am not sure exactly how to manipulate the tables safely. It looks like if you want to adjust ma properly you need to adjust each individual cell? I guess I'm looking for an more in depth tutorial but I'll just call to get this info.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:06 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Petza. Went through that video a couple of times. It helps with the basics but much of the settings in each tab were renamed for the new software and I also have the 2 mode version. Nevertheless, I can establish comms and load/save to the box, but am not sure exactly how to manipulate the tables safely. It looks like if you want to adjust ma properly you need to adjust each individual cell? I guess I'm looking for an more in depth tutorial but I'll just call to get this info.
Are you running the latest version of the DSC Tuner software. If so, click File and then select your vehicle type - 997 2 mode. Once you do that, under the Settings tab you'll now only see two choices Normal Mode & Sport Mode. If you look at my post below and read teh descriptions of my modes and load my 2-mode profile setups into the software on your PC you can see how the stiffness settings need to look in the boxes. For our older .1 cars, Shock Calibraion is really the only tab you will be customizing. If you want to evenly increment through a range of boxes, like the LF row from the leftmost box of 0% to the rightmost box of 100% and you want to use a range from let's say full soft of 1500 to a stiffness of 500, here's how you do it.
  1. Click on the LF 0% box,
  2. then go up to the Calibrated at -- ma box and enter 1500
  3. then click on the "Update" box
  4. (when you move off this box in the table now, it should have a solid black box in it showing you it has a value. If you click on it again, it should display the 1500 value in the Calibrated at -- ma box
  5. Now cliick on the LF 100% box at the end of that same row
  6. then go up to the Calibrated at -- ma box and enter 500
  7. then click on the "Update" box
  8. (when you move off this box in the table now, it should have a light gray fill color in it showing you it has a value, but a stiffer one. If you click on it again, it should display the 500 value in the Calibrated at -- ma box
  9. so now in the LF top row you have a solid black box in the 0% filed on the far left and a light grey box in the 100% field on the far right with all the boxes between those being white (which means there arent' any values in them
  10. If you now click on the "Fill" command box, it will ask you "Are you sure you want to fill all zero values".
  11. Click yes and it will populate all the white empty boxes with values that evenly increment from the 1500 value at 0% to the 500 value at 100%.

If for example you want the suspension to stay soft at 1500, from 0% to 20% then enter 1,500 (or whatever value you want to use) in all the boxes from 0% to 20%
  1. Do this by clicking on each box, entering 1500 in the "Calibrate at -- box" in each box, then clicking Update
  2. Then go down to the last box in the row, the 100% box and enter the value you want for it, like 500, then Update
  3. and then click on the Fill command box. Now it will leave the value of 1500 in all the boxes from 0% to 20% but fill in values for all the empty boxes between 20% and 100% with even increments from 1,500 to 500.
  4. In this scenario, the incremental change from one box to the next will be larger than what we did above, because you're covering the same range of values but doing it with fewer boxes (20% to 100% vs the 0% to 100% we did above).

Once you've fully populated all fields in the table for both Normal mode and Sport mode, you can establish communication with your DSC box and write the values to the box as instructed in the tutorial video.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Petza914; 06-30-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Changed lead in to select Vehicle Type and box version as the first step
Old 06-30-2016, 12:33 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

This link doesn't seem to be working. I'm trying to adjust the shock calibration but am running into a steep learning curve here. I'll call later this week but is there a different link to the one you supplied here:
http://www.dscsport.com/tuning-maps/
Sorry, the URL address has already been changed since I posted. The link in the original post is fixed now:

http://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/

Originally Posted by Petza914
I believe there's a video on YouTube that is rather lengthy, but will walk you through the software and programming, establishing communication with the module, how to populate the shock calibration table, write settings to the box, etc. It's worth the 20-30 mins. Here's the link -
https://youtu.be/SqH2J7xdKYk

Also, clicking on the Dropbox link in my post below #111) will take you to the Dropbox folder where we've been sharing our tuning maps. For some reason I can't copy and paste that link here using my phone and have it work, but clucking on it does.
Can we please have people start moving these files over to the website, so we can host everything in one location? That way we're not omitting any non-Rennlist members from sharing and downloading as well. If you follow the link above there's a button at the bottom where you can upload your files (it sends them to us for approval and then we post them). There's also a button that links back to this thread.

I'm also looking into our options for having a better system for hosting a file database; something similar to dropbox, but for the website. If anyone has any suggestions they have used in the past, I'm more than happy to consider them when I go to implement this feature.

Thank you,

Jordan
Old 06-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DSC Sport

http://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/

Can we please have people start moving these files over to the website, so we can host everything in one location? That way we're not omitting any non-Rennlist members from sharing and downloading as well. If you follow the link above there's a button at the bottom where you can upload your files (it sends them to us for approval and then we post them). There's also a button that links back to this thread.

Thank you,

Jordan
My 2-mode custom profile has now been submitted via the link above.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:19 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
[*]If you now click on the "Fill" command box, it will ask you "Are you sure you want to fill all zero values".
That's exactly what I needed to know and where I was stuck.
Thank you!!!
Old 12-25-2016, 11:01 AM
Croc999
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport

The process is quite basic for now, and improvements will be made as we start to make use of this newest feature.

Access the latest .pdts (tuning maps) from DSC Sport for each model in the database (these are the only current files in the database), and share your own user-created files with other users.

The page also features a link to this forum discussion, so hopefully we can revive the discussion surrounding tuning capabilities.

I already have some ideas for improvements to be made, but I wanted to get something up as soon as possible for users to access and share files. However, if you have any feedback or ideas for improvements, I am all ears. This is intended to be a community feature, so I think the more feedback I get the better I will be able to tailor this for something that can benefit us all.

- Jordan
there are no 987 file for stock dumpers.
my unit was purchased on Jul 2014 and has 3 suspension modes.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 942 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Croc999
there are no 987 file for stock dumpers.
my unit was purchased on Jul 2014 and has 3 suspension modes.
Sorry about that. The website is a work in progress. I will inform our IT guy when he returns from holiday. 987 uses same tuning file as 997 but all files on the website are 2-mode.. If you like to tune your DSC then you need to send the DSC to our shop to have it updated to 2-mode. The tuning software works properly only with the 2-mode update. We are doing the 2-mode update service at no charge to the original purchaser. The original purchaser will only pay for the shipping cost. The 2-mode is an improvement in respond time of the dampers and smoother transition.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 12-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Croc999
Racer

Thanks for the quick reply!
what are the differences between 3 mode and 2 mode?
are you talking about 3 or 2 suspension modes?
if yes - i actually really liked having 3 settings....

Merry Christmas to all TPC team !!!
Old 12-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the quick reply!
No problem.

what are the differences between 3 mode and 2 mode? are you talking about 3 or 2 suspension modes?
if yes - i actually really liked having 3 settings....
In Winter of 2015, DSC introduced the 2-mode firmware. One of the features of 2-mode is integrating mode switching with the factory instrument cluster display. It was a huge effort and breakthrough for us to establish this interface. We feel the effort was well worth it to have this level of product refinement(no more blinking LED). Now of the performance advantages, each mode of the new 2-mode has expanded control range, it works faster, smoother, and more dynamic. One more feature we added is the Reverse G Table - it is a separate zone dedicated for lower load comfort range that can be tuned independently. 2-modes does everything better than 3-mode. And we are offering the update to original purchaser for free!

Merry Christmas to all TPC team !!!
Thanks. Same to you.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Croc999
Racer

So how many dumping modes this 2 mode firmware has?
I really would like to keep 3 dumping modes...
Old 12-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So how many dumping modes this 2 mode firmware has?
I really would like to keep 3 dumping modes...
The new firmware has 2 modes. If you want 3 modes then you should keep what you have unchanged. With all due respect, the topic of keeping 3 modes has been discussed on this thread, other thread, and other forums. No sense on continuing if you are set on keeping 3 modes. The DSC 3-mode firmware is an improvement over stock PASM, and DSC 2-mode is an improvement over DSC 3-mode. I will say that everyone who has updated to 2-mode has no regret.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
The new firmware has 2 modes. If you want 3 modes then you should keep what you have unchanged. With all due respect, the topic of keeping 3 modes has been discussed on this thread, other thread, and other forums. No sense on continuing if you are set on keeping 3 modes. The DSC 3-mode firmware is an improvement over stock PASM, and DSC 2-mode is an improvement over DSC 3-mode. I will say that everyone who has updated to 2-mode has no regret.
+1 also worth noting that switching maps using the app to upload to the 2-mode DSC is not such a chore that you really need the 3rd mode in the DSC
itself - and IMO the integration with the OEM PASM switch is *well* worth the
loss thereof.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:57 AM
Croc999
Racer

i wasn't aware about this 2 mode change and didn't see the discussions.
i will look them up.
hearing that customers are happy sounds promising
Old 01-04-2017, 03:10 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was a skeptic myself. How could 2 of anything be better than THREE?!

But, Tom is right. 2 totally kicks ***. I love it.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread