Gulfster
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing project.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:34 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Well today was a good day and tomorrow will be spectacular. I finished the project and was at the track today for the California Festival of Speed! Wow is was great. I was a pace car and tomorrow my project car will be in the CFOS Porsche Timeline Display. I took video of my car leading the pack around the track about 4 times. However the damn camara didn't shoot the video. So I'll try again tomorrow. I will have two cameras. One in the front and one in the rear. I changed my Avatar until I get a photographer to shoot my car. All in all I am satisfied with my build. The car didn't blow up on the track and I punched it a few times. I do need shocks and suspension and some tires though. Also a balance and alignment. I'll take lots of pics tomorrow before my shift at the CFOS. I am finishing an article that will hopefully appear in a few national magazines and of course the local PCA mags. I can't thank everyone enough on the forum for all the support and interest. All those who sold me parts, they are working and thanks. I am looking for some wheels and tires (305 size for the rear). Well hopefully will have some good vids for everyone tomorrow.

After a long day at the track.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome!
Old 04-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations- you deserve an awesome ownership experience with this car, you brought it back to life!
Old 04-22-2017, 09:26 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default 997 Project S

So I just returned from the track. The car performed great!. However suspension and new bushings are in order. I am creaking like the Titanic. I think I'll take care of this when I get my new wheels/tires/balance and alignment. Some have said get some PSS9.

So on Friday I was a Tour Pace Car and my car lead a group of about 5 out on the Fontana Race Track. Today there were about 200 cars on the track and I lead about 30 cars. I was Pace Car number 8. The car performed great. It didn't overheat or drip any oil. As a matter of fact after two days of going around this tract I didn't have to put any oil in.

Here are some updated pics today. Everyone was so nice and I got many complements on my car. I was supposed to be in the CFOS Porsche Timeline but I was late this morning and didn't get to participate in that part of the show.

Here are some shots on the way home.

Track Video is coming. One thing that was kinda negative this morning was a cel on my dash that said "check raised brake light" I was wondering what this was. So I stopped to make copies of my build displays and when I looked at the raising louvre I see the brake light is missing. It must have fallen off. I noticed there were two safety screws that were missing or I failed to screw them in. Now I need to get another break light. Maybe it fell in the engine bay but more than likely on the freeway in Ontario. That's when the cel light came on.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 4,122 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
One thing that was kinda negative this morning was a cel on my dash that said "check raised brake light" I was wondering what this was. So I stopped to make copies of my build displays and when I looked at the raising louvre I see the brake light is missing. It must have fallen off. I noticed there were two safety screws that were missing or I failed to screw them in. Now I need to get another break light. Maybe it fell in the engine bay but more than likely on the freeway in Ontario. That's when the cel light came on.
Great pics and story - what an accomplishment you've achieved.

Regarding the spoiler brake light, I have the one from my wife's car when we did the TT wing conversion. Perfect condition with clips intact.$75 shipped USPS priority mail and it's yours.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:12 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

excellent, PMing you my address.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:42 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Track Day was awesome. For whatever reason embedding video was not happening on this site. So here is the youtube link
, This is showing a few minutes of track time. There were over 200 cars. I went back to look at my other vids and they seem to have disappeared too.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:45 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
Great pics and story - what an accomplishment you've achieved.

Regarding the spoiler brake light, I have the one from my wife's car when we did the TT wing conversion. Perfect condition with clips intact.$75 shipped USPS priority mail and it's yours.

How do I keep this from coming off again? I was on a really bumpy road and I think that's when I flew off.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

How do I keep this from coming off again? I was on a really bumpy road and I think that's when I flew off.
it has been a few years since I've looked at an OEM rear spoiler, but don't the spring loaded clips at the 2 ends hold it securely into the slot?
Old 04-30-2017, 03:31 PM
alexisthemovie
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome build! How much money are you into this already? Saw the $26k figure a few pages back but you must be nearing 70k mi 997.1 S market pricing.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 PM
stoked_on_spool
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I would have been paying attention more to the forums. I was at the CFOS too and I was the 2005 model car in the timeline!

It was a pretty great event and I had a great time! Hope to meet you next time.

-Bret
Old 05-06-2017, 02:53 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie
Awesome build! How much money are you into this already? Saw the $26k figure a few pages back but you must be nearing 70k mi 997.1 S market pricing.
No where near that amount. Closer to 30k or less so far.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:58 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default Coilovers Springs needed

Hi, the project is rolling right along. I am trying to get ready for the Parade. I came across some Coilovers (PASM) Bilstein however they are missing rear helper and main springs. I have tried to find out where to get the springs. Bilstein website was a nightmare to navigate and no way to send a message to them. Anyone have any idea where to get coilover springs for bilstein?
Old 05-10-2017, 02:07 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hi, the project is rolling right along. I am trying to get ready for the Parade. I came across some Coilovers (PASM) Bilstein however they are missing rear helper and main springs. I have tried to find out where to get the springs. Bilstein website was a nightmare to navigate and no way to send a message to them. Anyone have any idea where to get coilover springs for bilstein?
Dennis, I just sent you an e-mail with a couple Bilstein contacts I have including their phone #s and e-mail addresses to see if one of them can assist you, but didn't want to post that in a public forum. Good luck!

Pete

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming