Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 S Project Coming

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:48 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Woohoo! It has to be such a weight off your shoulders to be the final stretch... congrats and compliments on your persistence on seeing this through!

When you get a chance, I'd also be curious to know what was going on with the O2 sensors. I'm also interested to see what you are planning with the paint.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:36 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer81
She's coming along nicely!! Are you going to do a full repaint? What color?
The left and right fender and the bumper are black so they need to be repainted to Midnight Blue Metallic. The car is MBM. It does have a lot of swirls, scratches and scuffs. I am thinking to respray the car (no rust or anything like that). I also want to have the Porsche side stickers in white or Green put on the car.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:54 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StormRune
Woohoo! It has to be such a weight off your shoulders to be the final stretch... congrats and compliments on your persistence on seeing this through!

When you get a chance, I'd also be curious to know what was going on with the O2 sensors. I'm also interested to see what you are planning with the paint.
I had my Indie check that out. I'll know this week sometime more than likely. Paint will be the same color Midnight Blue Metallic. However I will put a green or white Carrera S logo on the sides and maybe across the whole car. Seats to be sport seats Cocoa with houndstooth in the center.

I am going for this look on the seats.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Midnight blue is a great color, I have a GT3 in that

It can be tricky to care for though vs. a less dynamic color like a bright red/yellow or silver.

You may not need to re-paint what's there if you have a solid local detailer. I had mine paint corrected and detailed at a high end shop for the first time and it makes a huge difference. Paint swirls and scratched were all gone for good and the car is easier to maintain now.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:14 PM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
I had my Indie check that out. I'll know this week sometime more than likely. Paint will be the same color Midnight Blue Metallic. However I will put a green or white Carrera S logo on the sides and maybe across the whole car. Seats to be sport seats Cocoa with houndstooth in the center.

I am going for this look on the seats.
That interior is amazing.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:32 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I hope to get close to this type of interior. Here in Los Angeles area where the low riders abound, there are lots of great looking interiors. Many of you have seen them from the shows on low riders and classic cars. I like the contrasting piping and the center houndstooth type fabric. The floor mats with the piping are great too. There are a few other tasteful touches I am thinking of too but you'll have to wait for those.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome work man! I was just in your neck of the woods last week for work, but couldn't get away. I was thinking of stopping by and taking a look...maybe next time!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Once I get the car road ready, I am taking a trip up North to Sharkwerk and BRRacing. I got some of my first parts from Bruce and company. Maybe they'll share some window stickers to bring back to Socal or maybe get the car painted up there.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:07 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default 997 S Project

The car is still at the shop. I am not rushing the guy but will call tomorrow to see what's going on. I also got these on the way:

So I hope to have some Sport Seats in the car. I understand these are very comfortable. Got them from a member and will get them custom upholstered to my liking. Very excited about this part. I may not get to do the upholstering (looking for a good company) right away but definitely by July. Hope to get the car smog this week and then focus on paint.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:07 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

Wait, don't you have sport seats in it already? Are you going to reupholster those in brown?
What's the difference in the seats?
Old 02-16-2017, 12:52 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

No Don't have Sport Seats in it now. I have the "regular" seats. I like the extra shoulder width of the Sport Seats. Yes they will be re-upholstered similar to the pics above. I like the houndstooth in the middle. Will probably be a spring project but pretty exciting.

Last edited by ocmacman; 02-16-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
No Don't have Sport Seats in it now. I have the "regular" seats. I like the extra shoulder width of the Sport Seats. Yes they will be re-upholstered similar to the pics above. I like the houndstooth in the middle. Will probably be a sprint project but pretty exciting.
The pic you posted doesn't have the regular seats. The regular seats have no shoulder supports at all. I'm pretty sure you already have the Sport seats.
Here's my regular ones. They're kind of trapezoid shaped straight lines from the headrest.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:01 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Spoke to the indie today. He said all lights are off (airbag and rush the car to the workshop) and he even took care of a leak, which I found interesting as I didn't have any drips and was on the look out for them. He said the leak was around the "elbow" and was a pressure leak. I'll have more on that when I pickup the car on Friday. Oh, the 2197 error from the OBDII reader was the o2 sensors (pre-cat). So he replaced them. No more lights. I will be sending the two he removed back as I bought them a month ago. He has not been able to find out what the problem is with the key not coming out of the ignition. He said he checked the shifter and the trans connection and nothing. He thinks it may need a new ignition switch. I told him to go ahead and replace the switch. We will see if that's the problem. If not then I am stumped.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:24 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
The pic you posted doesn't have the regular seats. The regular seats have no shoulder supports at all. I'm pretty sure you already have the Sport seats.
Here's my regular ones. They're kind of trapezoid shaped straight lines from the headrest.

I do have the regular seats now. However the manual sport seats are on the way.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:15 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know if this headlamp cover will fit my 997.1? I think it's from a 997.2 car

Can I put this on my 997.1?

Also starting to check on an upholsterer for my seats.

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming