Sponsored by:

997 S Project Coming

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 10:32 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BionicTulip
You may have sorted it by now, but the button from the dome light area is one of the Homelink garage door opener buttons. I searched Pelican for it and couldn't find the part, but the dealer almost certainly can find it for you.
Thanks so much. I haven't sorted it out yet. Been to busy with AutoCross (have one on Sunday and will post up some vids. Car doing great.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:35 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

I am looking for a new Cayenne. My Gen 1 2005 CS is time to move on. I am looking for a 2011 CS. National search. Anyone know or seen this from Craigslist:
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/c...380174616.html
Old 11-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Price looks like a typo or scam to me
Old 11-20-2017, 02:17 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Backmarker
Price looks like a typo or scam to me
Thanks, it was a Scam. The person doesn't even live in the US.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:54 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Hi. Well I am off to find my Cayenne. After much praying and soul searching, I have decided to sell the E39 M5. This car was driven only for the BMW club events when I purchased it. Unfortunately I was out of the area in 2008 (a month after I bought it) for a couple years. Car sat and when I went Porsche it was removed from the garage and covered up outside (Porsche has to be inside). I have posted it on Clist but I would also trade this car towards a 2011 V8 Cayenne S that can Tow my 911 and travel trailer. Here is the link (if I can put a link on here, if not please excuse me).
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...398414548.html

Those interested PM me.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 4,122 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Hi. Well I am off to find my Cayenne. After much praying and soul searching, I have decided to sell the E39 M5. This car was driven only for the BMW club events when I purchased it. Unfortunately I was out of the area in 2008 (a month after I bought it) for a couple years. Car sat and when I went Porsche it was removed from the garage and covered up outside (Porsche has to be inside). I have posted it on Clist but I would also trade this car towards a 2011 V8 Cayenne S that can Tow my 911 and travel trailer. Here is the link (if I can put a link on here, if not please excuse me).
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...398414548.html

Those interested PM me.
Funny, my brother just put his e39 M5 up for sale this week in VA. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:34 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Hi Petz, Happy Holidays. Didn't cook turkey yesterday but will get the "bargain" turkey today. Yeah I have been thinking about this for a couple years. Since I went PCar the M5 gets no time to roam. Heck I was in Nocal for almost 2 years and it sat here at home. It's one of the best shifting cars I have ever driven. Although I drove an CL43 AMG the other day and WOW. The shifting was almost instantaneous. I haven't driven a PDK but I image it's similar and I hope as fast in shifting. The 911 is a hit on the autocross circuit down here. I am doing the final autocross next month for our series. We are doing it at the Angel stadium so I'll post up some vids and photos.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hi Petz, Happy Holidays. Didn't cook turkey yesterday but will get the "bargain" turkey today. Yeah I have been thinking about this for a couple years. Since I went PCar the M5 gets no time to roam. Heck I was in Nocal for almost 2 years and it sat here at home. It's one of the best shifting cars I have ever driven. Although I drove an CL43 AMG the other day and WOW. The shifting was almost instantaneous. I haven't driven a PDK but I image it's similar and I hope as fast in shifting. The 911 is a hit on the autocross circuit down here. I am doing the final autocross next month for our series. We are doing it at the Angel stadium so I'll post up some vids and photos.
Same to you and looking forward to the pics
Old 11-26-2017, 02:13 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi ocmacman,

I sold you the wheel originally and it is from a 997.2. I believe the airbags are quite different which explains the issues you saw. As for the Homelink buttons, if you don't have it already, grab the PET Katalog for the 997.1:

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd...SA_KATALOG.pdf

On page 461 you can see the part numbers for the homelink switches, called "garage door opener" in the diagram. Very handy, and I'm sure you can find these on eBay. Good luck.

-n.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:23 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by osunick
Hi ocmacman,

I sold you the wheel originally and it is from a 997.2. I believe the airbags are quite different which explains the issues you saw. As for the Homelink buttons, if you don't have it already, grab the PET Katalog for the 997.1:

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd...SA_KATALOG.pdf

On page 461 you can see the part numbers for the homelink switches, called "garage door opener" in the diagram. Very handy, and I'm sure you can find these on eBay. Good luck.

-n.
Thanks much. Homelink I do have on my C2S and know it's a bit finicky so will keep trying. With the wheel, I know Carlson Porsche has done this upgrade on some cars on the forum. Maybe I have the wrong airbag? The bag is from a 997.2 I think. Everything works except the horn. The SPORT button works too. Any tips are appreciated.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:27 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Read the part number on the airbag and we'll be able to tell where it's from.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:43 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

[ y t ] 4q5XUMqA3hw [ / y t ]

Looks like you can't post videos anymore. Too bad.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:18 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

I have mostly purchased my cars cash. However I find myself needed to finance about 15k of a Cayenne 2011 cost. Spoke to my credit union here in California (Golden1) and we talked about the deal and when I told them the car is out of state, they said they don't make loans for cars purchased out of state of California. Car must be purchased in California. Now I thought this was absurd of course and immediately began to cancel my accounts with them.

I then called Chase bank and they basically said the same thing. They said they have "selected" dealers in California they work with. They also said that they don't do private party loans for cars. I asked for a "personal" loan and the lady then said that the rates are astronomical 13% and above. I asked her if they have branches in NC and she said no Chase banks in NC. Wow.

So it appears that banks have went ape ****. So Does everyone buy there car in their own state? Are there banks that can do loans outside of California? Now I know why I stopped financing cars. What a pain. There is a Cayenne CTT in Raleigh, NC I am eyeing. Saw it on Cargurus. Any referrals are welcomed.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:10 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I have mostly purchased my cars cash. However I find myself needed to finance about 15k of a Cayenne 2011 cost. Spoke to my credit union here in California (Golden1) and we talked about the deal and when I told them the car is out of state, they said they don't make loans for cars purchased out of state of California. Car must be purchased in California. Now I thought this was absurd of course and immediately began to cancel my accounts with them.

I then called Chase bank and they basically said the same thing. They said they have "selected" dealers in California they work with. They also said that they don't do private party loans for cars. I asked for a "personal" loan and the lady then said that the rates are astronomical 13% and above. I asked her if they have branches in NC and she said no Chase banks in NC. Wow.

So it appears that banks have went ape ****. So Does everyone buy there car in their own state? Are there banks that can do loans outside of California? Now I know why I stopped financing cars. What a pain. There is a Cayenne CTT in Raleigh, NC I am eyeing. Saw it on Cargurus. Any referrals are welcomed.
I either buy them with cash, or if financing I have a $100k home equity line of credit. I either write a check from that into my bank account then transfer the funds for the purchase for my own bank account, which is always fine whether in state or out of state or I just write the check from my HELOC to the dealer or whomever I'm buying from. Another advantage with this method is that on paper, you've bought the vehicle outright, which means when you go to your DMV or Tag Office, you can apply for the title so if you decide to sell it before its paid off, you have the title in hand, which makes for an easier transaction, then just take the money from the sale and pay off the HELOC. In addition, interest rates on HELOCs are usually lower than those on used car loans. You can usually find banks that will give you a HELOC without any closing costs and they'll often pay for the appraisal to. It works even if you Gabe a mortgage on your home as the primary mortgage lender will subordinate the HELOC as, well, which essentially just ties a 2nd lien to your property.

Anyway, hope that info is useful to you or someone else.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:58 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 461 Likes on 165 Posts

Use PenFed Credit Union. I heard about it from Doug DeMuro. Its technically a credit union for Pentagon employees but you just pay $15 to join. They have 1.9% loans on cars of any age, location, type. Super easy to work with. They will just fedex you a check in a day or two and you just sign it over to the dealer. Given how cheap auto loans are these days, I would never pay cash for a car.

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming