Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 S Project Coming

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:37 AM
monster1
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Ocmacman, Ive been following your thread with interest - good on you for jumping in feet first and working it out as you go! - Looks like your nearly there now!

The part number for the pin is 997 618 761 00

cheers
Old 02-03-2017, 01:36 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks. It was right in front of my eyes and then it was gone. I will try to see this morning in the light of day but if not thanks, will be adding it to my orders. I am trying to get a vid of the car driving but can't get my wife to cooperate and hold the camera. Will have to figure out another way. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 4,122 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Thanks. It was right in front of my eyes and then it was gone. I will try to see this morning in the light of day but if not thanks, will be adding it to my orders. I am trying to get a vid of the car driving but can't get my wife to cooperate and hold the camera. Will have to figure out another way. Thanks.
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a Go-Pro
Old 02-03-2017, 02:24 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 877 Posts

I just ordered one of these based on reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-03-2017, 08:02 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

The car needs to be smog. However I have not had the car into the dealer yet to be re-programmed. There is an airbag light on and two OBDII codes (see below). I would imaging after "programming" these things may go away? Don't know but am planning on taking the car to Redline in Orange County or another Indie or the Dealer and have them put a computer on the car. Good idea or bad? I was able to clear the codes with my reader but they came back immediately. Here in CA. they only do a computer smog that reads the ECU, no longer do they put something in the tail pipe. So all the codes need to not be active. I have a similar issue with my M5 as it is throwing a code too.

[COLOR="Lime"]Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN: WP0AB29996S741367
Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
Vehicle Calibration ID: Not present

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0030: HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P2197: O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean bank2 Sensor1

Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:53 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by monster1
Hi Ocmacman, Ive been following your thread with interest - good on you for jumping in feet first and working it out as you go! - Looks like your nearly there now!

The part number for the pin is 997 618 761 00

cheers
Thanks. It appears the small clip is on the key tumbler.

The part number you have above is for the metal rod that is used to place into a hole behind the clip I need.

The number #4 is the number you reference. I need either #2 or the whole switch #1. If it's #1 that will be pretty expensive just for that clip.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:00 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

I'm pretty certain the clip you've misplaced is there just to cosmetically round out the trim ring around the ignition key slot. I can't imagine how it would be functionally important so I'd just recommend letting it go. I doubt anyone will notice it is missing... other than you of course I expect it may turn up one day, but be sure to pay attention when you vacuum around that area. I'd say you have bigger fish to fry for the foreseeable future.

BTW, under the seats is a recessed area in the floor that some electronic module sits in. I had something fall down under the seat once and was having trouble finding it. It turned up in there.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:12 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

It appears that both of your codes are oxygen sensor ones. I was hoping they were the same sensor but I see they are not.
You likely know all this, but just in case:
Our cars apparently use electrically heated oxygen sensors to get the sensors hot faster. The first message appears to be saying that bank 1 sensor 1 heater isn't working. The second is just saying that bank 2 sensor 1 is never reporting anything other than full lean.

I'd guess the first course of action would be just to make sure they are plugged in and the wires haven't been pinched/cut and/or shorted, which my Googling says could cause both of these. If the wires and plugs all check out, the only thing left I'd think would be to replace those two sensors. I'd think the other possible causes I see are much less likely since it sounds like the engine is running okay.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:49 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StormRune
It appears that both of your codes are oxygen sensor ones. I was hoping they were the same sensor but I see they are not.
You likely know all this, but just in case:
Our cars apparently use electrically heated oxygen sensors to get the sensors hot faster. The first message appears to be saying that bank 1 sensor 1 heater isn't working. The second is just saying that bank 2 sensor 1 is never reporting anything other than full lean.

I'd guess the first course of action would be just to make sure they are plugged in and the wires haven't been pinched/cut and/or shorted, which my Googling says could cause both of these. If the wires and plugs all check out, the only thing left I'd think would be to replace those two sensors. I'd think the other possible causes I see are much less likely since it sounds like the engine is running okay.
Thanks Storm. Just bought these sensors last month. I'll check the plugs and see if they are solid.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:50 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a Go-Pro
Got one coming today so hopefully will be able to get some decent video for everyone.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:35 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default didn't you read #3...!?

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Ok, so I have been struggling with my key being stuck in the ignition. I have been using the above method to get the key out. However tonight after a somewhat spirited drive to check the hose repair I did, I took off clip B and it was lying on the floor of the car. I dropped the key on the clip and think the clip popped up and it now lost

Anyone know how to get one of these clips or a part number? Will the car explode for not having this area covered?
Old 02-06-2017, 04:00 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default 997 S Project

So today I tried out my GOPro clone action camera. I have to get some suction mounts as I had to clip the camera on the sunroof. Well the point was to get some video out to all my subscribers. The car sounds good. I am in the last stages of putting the car into service. I am going to take it to my indie this week for some programming and final once over. I will probably have them set the key issue straight. I think it's the shifter but running up against the clock here with the California Festival of Speed coming up soon. I have to get the car ready. Well here is a short vid of a drive around in the car. Oh, we are just coming out of a drought here in Cali so no comments on the lawn. I am doing my part for the drought.

I am hoping everything comes back ok from the indie shop. I have budgeted for some "professional" repairs as well. However I like working on the thing. Will update once the car is back from the shop.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:52 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Today the car went to Redline Porsche in Orange County California. They do fantastic work there. Jim is a miracle worker. He has a ton of Porsches in his care. I feel quite comfortable bringing my creation to him. I am going to have him put on the diagonal strut braces (yeah I could have did this but ..), Also have him check the transmission fluid level, fix the key issue where it doesn't come out. I think this may be a shifter issue and so does he. I'll also have him put the car on a computer and reset the airbag light.

Once I get a clean ppi from him I'll take the car for smog and then it's off to the paint shop. Will keep you guys up to date. He will probably have the car for a few days.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:09 AM
bimmer81
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's coming along nicely!! Are you going to do a full repaint? What color?
Old 02-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the reward for your hard work!

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming