Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 S Project Coming

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 10:45 AM
German888
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See about non pasm springs working on pasm shocks as I have a used set of non pasm springs I'll let go for cheap.

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Hi, the project is rolling right along. I am trying to get ready for the Parade. I came across some Coilovers (PASM) Bilstein however they are missing rear helper and main springs. I have tried to find out where to get the springs. Bilstein website was a nightmare to navigate and no way to send a message to them. Anyone have any idea where to get coilover springs for bilstein?
Old 05-20-2017, 02:21 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
Default spoler brake light

Originally Posted by Petza914
Great pics and story - what an accomplishment you've achieved.

Regarding the spoiler brake light, I have the one from my wife's car when we did the TT wing conversion. Perfect condition with clips intact.$75 shipped USPS priority mail and it's yours.

Thanks Petz for the break light. However on the way to the PCA club meeting this morning at Krispy Kreme, the unthinkable happened again. I was on my way back home when I saw the "check upper brake light" message. I immediately screamed and pulled into a strip joint (It was the closets exit from the freeway, not that I go to these places) and low and behold the darn light was gone!!! Again!!! Now I really had this snapped in there good and there was no play whatsoever. How can I keep this darn light in it's place. Now the roads here in California are crap. I also have a very bumpy ride and know I need new shocks (just picked up some coilovers) so could the constant rough ride be enough to keep popping this light out? Can I put a screw in there somewhere? This is ridiculous. This will be the third light!
Old 05-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 4,122 Posts

Thanks Petz for the break light. However on the way to the PCA club meeting this morning at Krispy Kreme, the unthinkable happened again. I was on my way back home when I saw the "check upper brake light" message. I immediately screamed and pulled into a strip joint (It was the closets exit from the freeway, not that I go to these places) and low and behold the darn light was gone!!! Again!!! Now I really had this snapped in there good and there was no play whatsoever. How can I keep this darn light in it's place. Now the roads here in California are crap. I also have a very bumpy ride and know I need new shocks (just picked up some coilovers) so could the constant rough ride be enough to keep popping this light out? Can I put a screw in there somewhere? This is ridiculous. This will be the third light!
Dennis, that stinks. The only idea I have is when you install the next one, maybe put it in with some RTV sealant around the perimeter to kind of glue it in. No idea why these would continue to bounce out when properly snapped into place.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:54 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

So I just returned from Northern California. Had a chance to visit BRRacing. didn't get to go to Sharkwerks but will next time. Unfortunately I have pneumonia and am bed ridden. I am doing well and comfortable. My wife is taking good care of me. I didn't have such a head ache today and thought I would say keep em in high gear.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:03 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Hello and a quick update on the car. It's running great! I am recovering from the pneumonia and hope to be able to volunteer for the Steve McQueen auto show on Saturday here in Socal.

I will be going to pick up the spoiler brake light tomorrow morning. It has come off twice! I am going to get some double sided tape and something else to keep this thing from falling off. I am probably going to glue a chain or something on it. I think that the ride is so bumpy that the darn thing just shakes loose on the very bad california roads. Now I have just acquired some Bilstein PSS10 B16s. I need some parts though. Can anyone recommend a local shop that can install these for me? I need the rear helper springs and the rear main springs, the four top bolts, two rear dust covers and the rear spring separators for the rear left and right sides. I would image any shop that specializes in coilovers may be able to help. I did call Bilstein though. They said they have to order everything from Germany and can take more than 2 months.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:19 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go with Petza's recommendation. Use some clear silicone and glue that thing into place. Run a dull knife around the edge to remove in the future. Push in the silicone into the crack with a wet finger, then clean up with a wet old Tshirt.

The 3M tape will dry up and harden over time.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:26 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Will do. I am picking it up tomorrow from the dealer.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:07 AM
f911
Racer

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
i dont care HOW you do it but please put a 6sp in there.

hmm, i wonder since it's def a project car anyway, if the old and tired debates of "can i put a GT engine in/can i put a turbo on" would actually be meaningful here? maybe in this case there's actually a different answer than, it's cheaper to by a GT/Turbo.
The tiptronic is excellent!
People prescribe things when they will never drive on a car with Tiptronic s..

I drive on tiptronic s- 997.1 C2S with Chrono Sport. In DD and in the race track.
The steering control is excellent!
The transmission system is fast, strong, reliable, and very advanced for its period !
Right, Pdk faster but also newer!
This does not mean that tiptronic s is good.
Driving in the "M" mode with Chrono Sports The car behaves amazing and the control of the car is accurate! Especially with PSM OFF..
Enjoy
Old 06-05-2017, 03:40 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
Dennis, that stinks. The only idea I have is when you install the next one, maybe put it in with some RTV sealant around the perimeter to kind of glue it in. No idea why these would continue to bounce out when properly snapped into place.
Got the new spoiler brake light and the undercovers on last Friday. The dealer gave me some black adhesive and said to put it on the light. He said not to over do it as may have a problem getting the light out when I need too. Well I put 3 dabs on it and drove off the next day to the Steve McQueen Car Show supporting the Boys Republic Boys School in Chino, CA. I was a judge. Great show. I was only able to stay til 11:30am. So the light didn't pop out going or returning. So the sticky stuff must be working. Now to get the undercovers on this week.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:41 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f911
The tiptronic is excellent!
People prescribe things when they will never drive on a car with Tiptronic s..

I drive on tiptronic s- 997.1 C2S with Chrono Sport. In DD and in the race track.
The steering control is excellent!
The transmission system is fast, strong, reliable, and very advanced for its period !
Right, Pdk faster but also newer!
This does not mean that tiptronic s is good.
Driving in the "M" mode with Chrono Sports The car behaves amazing and the control of the car is accurate! Especially with PSM OFF..
Enjoy
What type of suspension setup do you have?
Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 PM
f911
Racer

What type of suspension setup do you have?
Hey friend

My suspension of Porsche PASM (lowered at 10mm by what I know..)

The set-up of my Porsche is: 997.1 carrera s tiptronic s 2005, Chrono Sport. stock. In the future, interested in TUBI exhaust

I'll add. Favor for other users of the post:
It is very important to know the "brain" of the transmission system.
Mainly, braking while lowering gear and throttle in UP. Preferably in M mode and preferably with Chrono Sport.
When PSM OFF at 997.1 the transmission system is even more extreme.

Last edited by f911; 06-05-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Thinking of replacing all the bushings on the car suspension when I put the coilovers on. Any idea how many bushings needed? There seems to be a lot of them just on inspection.

dtv
Old 06-18-2017, 02:41 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default PCA-OCR Concourse Day

Old 06-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking good!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:09 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Well, I am waiting on this
It looks simply beautiful!
I had my Carrera Red wheel wrapped to match my Cocoa interior.
Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  1.71 MB

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming