Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:03 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed this past weekend and had a couple observations:

1. RDS doesn't appear to work -- it simply displays 88.3 or whatever like a normal station.
2. Sound quality is umm..okay but not great. I get a bit of static noise (sounds like a lot of compression) when there is a lot of bass or treble.
3. The 8-second (or whatever) delay between using the BLU and switching to a radio station is a bit annoying.
4. Using WAZE while streaming music messes things up a bit -- when there is a voice prompt from WAZE the music cuts out for a few seconds and I just get radio static.

I am using an iPhone 5S and have the Tranzit BLU model that does not include the speakerphone capability.

Not unhappy with the purchase, but certainly not wowed. I think I am going to change the default frequency for the unit and see if that reduces the "compression" noise I seem to be getting.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:54 PM
thinklabinc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you remove the screw slide the entire subwoofer assembly back toward the rear of the car to remove it.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:57 PM
thinklabinc
Advanced

I had the same thing happen, all of a sudden RDS stopped working for the music, incoming calls, etc. RDS from radio/CDs works though.

I took the tranzit device out and did a hard reset via the dip switches and it did not help. I suspect an apple iOS update caused the RDS/Blu tooth interface to break somehow. I have the iphone 6+.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:15 AM
TypeRx
Racer

I decided that I am going to replace the Tranzit Blu HF I bought (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLU-BKR223.html) and swap it with the unit that has the speakerphone functions. I want to be able to do conf. calls and have the voice features.

I'll sell it cheap if anyone wants it...installed last weekend and bought from discount car stereo for ~$95 shipped. $35 + shipping from me, but I think I'll still need the FAKRA adapters. PM me.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Originally Posted by TypeRx
I decided that I am going to replace the Tranzit Blu HF I bought (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLU-BKR223.html) and swap it with the unit that has the speakerphone functions. I want to be able to do conf. calls and have the voice features.

I'll sell it cheap if anyone wants it...installed last weekend and bought from discount car stereo for ~$95 shipped. $35 + shipping from me, but I think I'll still need the FAKRA adapters. PM me.
But the Tranzit Blu comes with a microphone and full phone conference possibilities. It actually has good sound quality vs many other products I tried. Or did you order a different version? Works excellent with Siri or Samsung voice as well.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:00 PM
TypeRx
Racer

They sell an A2DP version only (I included a hyperlink in my post), which is what I bought. I thought about returning before installation, but then went ahead and installed it. And now I'll go and install the "full" version
Old 08-28-2015, 08:47 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

I did the reset with the dip switches as well. My installer thinks it's the IOS software update. Wish Transit had better options for us, but I can see it's a major issue now and the only way to fix it is for Transit to update the software in the unit, which can't be done with the units all of us have already purchased.

I'm not buying a new one either. I think it's time to bite the bullet and get an App Radio and have that installed. I am tired of monkeying around with these other manufactures and I get issue after issue. Not the Porsche makes it easy for these guys to make things work with their system.

It is what it is guys!!

Looks like I will be posting in the Budget Audio Install thread for mine!! LOL
Old 08-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

I doubt it's the Tranzit. There must come an apple update to fix this. It's just a std Bluetooth connection. Apple should have all kinds off issues also with other bluetooth devices. That to me has always been the advantage with Tranzit Blu - you don't need to update it.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Installed this past weekend and had a couple observations:

1. RDS doesn't appear to work -- it simply displays 88.3 or whatever like a normal station.
2. Sound quality is umm..okay but not great. I get a bit of static noise (sounds like a lot of compression) when there is a lot of bass or treble.
3. The 8-second (or whatever) delay between using the BLU and switching to a radio station is a bit annoying.
4. Using WAZE while streaming music messes things up a bit -- when there is a voice prompt from WAZE the music cuts out for a few seconds and I just get radio static.

I am using an iPhone 5S and have the Tranzit BLU model that does not include the speakerphone capability.

Not unhappy with the purchase, but certainly not wowed. I think I am going to change the default frequency for the unit and see if that reduces the "compression" noise I seem to be getting.
How about a Transit in a 9x7.2 car with built-in Bluetooth? So, the Tranzit interests me only so I can stream music from my iPhone 6. But I still want the built in Bluetooth in my 987.2 Cayman to answer and make calls. So, if I make or receive a call, what Bluetooth would kick in - the onboard system, or the Tranzit?
Old 10-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
How about a Transit in a 9x7.2 car with built-in Bluetooth? So, the Tranzit interests me only so I can stream music from my iPhone 6. But I still want the built in Bluetooth in my 987.2 Cayman to answer and make calls. So, if I make or receive a call, what Bluetooth would kick in - the onboard system, or the Tranzit?
Good question. I have the Tooki Bluetooth. I would like to hear the response as well.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

I'm happy to say that after the latest IOS update my Tranzit is now working as it did before. Picks up my phone quickly again AND scrolls the song playing on the PCM and the dash!!!

Nice!!
Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 AM
sebBo13
Advanced

Just a random piece of information: I had the problem that my TranzIt Blu would display random letters instead of the song name (as it should) and I had read that at least one other person here had the same issue. The problem was solved by a quick battery disconnect. Otherwise still superhappy with it.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:40 PM
juan9999
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My experience

So I installed this today, and overall, I love it! My only gripe is that on soft songs, and high volumes, I hear radio static. I tried changing frequency but no avail. Anyone have any ideas? I also don't like that there is no rewind function (triple tap! like on an iPhone earbuds remote- seems like an easy firmware upgrade).

I installed on a 05 997 Cabriolet, pretty much followed the instructions, except I had to remove the cover of the subwoofer to get to the screw (pictures posted) and I dropped a screw and almost broke the screen as I was pushing hard to get it in place so be careful! Also putting BACK the passenger panel was a bit tricky, so pay attention while removing it.

I'm not 100% happy with my mic placement and haven't quite figured out how to tuck it where the A panel meets the dash, so any help would be appreciated...

I don't think I saw this anywhere, so adding this to the front may be useful as I had to buy the tools:
- torx screwdrivers T25 and T20
- 5mm allen
- 5mm socket wrench
- electrical tape
- ties
- I used these instead of stripping wires
Amazon.com: Lockitt POSI-TAP Assortment pack wire connectors 10-22 awg: Automotive Amazon.com: Lockitt POSI-TAP Assortment pack wire connectors 10-22 awg: Automotive

Here is a video that I found pretty clear on the removal of the PCM

Some images (yes, I just moved to Hawaii and my car just arrived so it is dirty and needs to be detailed):

On a cabriolet you have to snap this up and back

then remove the screw and follow instructions

I decided to use double sided tape and mount this here, not sure if it's the best location, but everything fits

Where I put my controller. I really wish it has a rewind function!

Not really happy with the mike placement, but I want to be able to use my visor

How can I make this better????

Visor wide open. Not really happy with the mic placement, but I want to be able to use my visor
Old 11-26-2015, 11:42 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

My tranzit blue no longer works?

It tries to pick up blue tooth, but it drops signal.
Now it will not do anything.

Could my iphone software update be the issue?
Old 11-27-2015, 12:03 AM
RaidersR1
Racer

I had the same problem. I had the installer hard reboot it and it worked again.

I think the IOS update effected it but the reboot helped resolve.

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1