Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:39 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Same problem! I just has to open the Tranzit Blu app. Press "options" and then "Learning mode" or whatever it was called. Started working immediately. Pressed save and then it was done
Old 11-27-2015, 07:29 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
How about a Transit in a 9x7.2 car with built-in Bluetooth? So, the Tranzit interests me only so I can stream music from my iPhone 6. But I still want the built in Bluetooth in my 987.2 Cayman to answer and make calls. So, if I make or receive a call, what Bluetooth would kick in - the onboard system, or the Tranzit?
Same question here. However, in theory you should be able to manipulate the settings in your phone so that the Transit is only used for A2DP bluetooth data whereas the call data only goes to the car's built in bluetooth.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:26 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

My blue tooth keeps coming in and out. It will not hold long enough to configure with the app.
Looks like i will have to pull the player out of the dash to access the Tranzit blue for a reboot....
Old 11-28-2015, 03:10 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
My blue tooth keeps coming in and out. It will not hold long enough to configure with the app.
Looks like i will have to pull the player out of the dash to access the Tranzit blue for a reboot....
I put mine behind the PCM so I can access it without pulling the PCM out. It is easy to pull the wires behind the "PCM-casing"
Old 11-28-2015, 03:13 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1. That's where mine is.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:14 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetwin2
I put mine behind the PCM so I can access it without pulling the PCM out. It is easy to pull the wires behind the "PCM-casing"
My car came with it.
Thanks for the tip however, i will take a look in hopes it might be that easy!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:17 PM
juan9999
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I did my install a month ago and everything worked great. Last week, after going for a drive, I parked my car for an hour or two, then got back in, and the the bluetooth did not connect, the radio station was displaying the frequency, and no matter how many times I tried to press the button, I got no noticeable reaction. Played with it all the way home, and nothing. When I got home, I turned off my car, waited for the PCM to shut down, then restarted it and got nothing.

I came 12h later, and it started working again as soon as I started the car (car had not been moved, nothing was touched).

Then it worked for two days, then it did it again. Now it's working again.

Any idea why?
Old 12-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Try to open the app. Reconnect again or change frequency forward and back again. Worked for me. For me IT happened with the last Apple update
Old 12-23-2015, 08:41 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Just had another Apple Update. Once again the PCM doesn't scroll the songs being played.

When I get no connection I have to turn off my Bluetooth and turn back on again to acquire the Tranzit.

With the update I have to reboot my Tranzit to make it work again. Really frustrating.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:41 PM
juan9999
Advanced

Originally Posted by Racetwin2
Try to open the app. Reconnect again or change frequency forward and back again. Worked for me. For me IT happened with the last Apple update
I'll try the app next time, but since I didn't have a bluetooth connection to the unit anymore (no connection, no RDS display, no responsiveness to the button).

How do you reboot it since it's hardwired? Is there any kind of light on the unit (now I regret mounting it behind the PCM)
Old 01-18-2016, 02:30 AM
Hhoff
Rennlist Member

Huge thanks to Ilko for the install instructions at the beginning of this thread. Installed mine today... Really happy with the results.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:56 AM
kenza
Advanced

Just got mine yesterday. Will install it in next couple of days.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:28 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Ive received several pm's on how I installed mine and pics of mic placement, so just putting this back on here since its buried in the thread:

I installed this in my 997.1 GT3 a little while ago and hid my wires even more so . I ran it from the fuse panel up inside the dash then up inside the a-piller following other factory wiring. So even if you removed the a-piller you wouldnt even notice it. I also wanted a completely stealth install and didnt want the mic or button sticking out anywhere. So this is what I did:

Here is a pic where I installed the mic. I have the cover removed to show. The pop in/out cover I dremeled a large hole and covered with speaker grill cloth. I also covered the other side pop out cover in grill cloth so it would all match. I wanted to do something stealth and refused to just clip mount the mic to the a-piller. I also hid the green button inside the center console ashtray, so i just flip that open when i want to use it, and can close it and have it completely out of sight. I filed the plastic down a little inside the ashtray where the wire comes through to not put any pressure on the wire.

Ive had no issues with people not being able to hear me, and im in a GT3 with headers, 200 cell cats, and bypass.

And lastly, closed and out of sight

Old 01-26-2016, 04:56 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Default installed

got the transit installed in 997.1. linked to iPad mini4. All my music and Waze/ Apple Maps/Google Maps/TomTom/MotionXGPS. Usually run with Music as primary and Waze in the "slide over". Works great.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jfort; 01-26-2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 01-30-2016, 02:56 AM
BrockPorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
Same question here. However, in theory you should be able to manipulate the settings in your phone so that the Transit is only used for A2DP bluetooth data whereas the call data only goes to the car's built in bluetooth.
Can anyone verify doing an install like this, where the mic is left out and the car system is used for phone and the tranzit purely for a2dp music?

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1