Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine's behind the radio also, zip-tied everything so it's tight and doesn't rattle. Also soldered the power connection so it won't come loose.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Jeller
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine keeps disconnecting from the bluetooth. Sometimes it works for 10 mins and other times an hour. But eventually it will disconnect and reconnect a few times by itself and I have to no longer use it as it won't keep the bluetooth connection. Anyone else have this issue?
Iphone 6plus I am using.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:02 AM
RaidersR1
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeller
Mine keeps disconnecting from the bluetooth. Sometimes it works for 10 mins and other times an hour. But eventually it will disconnect and reconnect a few times by itself and I have to no longer use it as it won't keep the bluetooth connection. Anyone else have this issue? Iphone 6plus I am using.
Since the updates began on Apple phones I get the same issue. I have a 6S. Frustrating that I keep losing connection and / or sound during play. Apples way of control over the phone I think.

See what the new 7 will do. Got that in order.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I have Iphone6 and no issues.

Try to reset the Tranzit Blu. You should also update the firmware via the app. You do it remotely without cables etc. I think its in the manual

Last edited by Racetwin2; 09-12-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:30 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Originally Posted by Racetwin2
I have Iphone6 and no issues. Try to reset the Tranzit Blu. You should also update the firmware via the app. You do it remotely without cables etc. I think its in the manual
I will look into that. I have reset it numerous times. I really want iPad mini or new head unit. Just not a high priority right now.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm using an iphone 5 now running ios 9.2.1 (no reason to update as the new features don't apply to the 5) but had the Tranzit since ios 7 (skipped 8 entirely). Occasionally there will be a momentary interruption when I'm using Spotify but I attribute that to lapses in cell service.

I have never reset the unit, wouldn't really want to have to as it would require taking off the driver's side panel to get at it I do have the app on my phone, wasn't aware it can be used to update firmware, although I really have no reason to do so at least until I get a new phone, which I'm not planning on at present.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:28 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Checked the manual and the website. Don't see any way to update firmware. Don't know if there is anyway to do it.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Mike550
1st Gear

Wiring mine up now. I installed my button in the ashtray.

Hidden in the ashtray and wired under the center console.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:45 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 575 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
There's a tiny LED on the adapter so yes technically. I originally planned to rewire the cubby socket so it's only hot with the ignition on, but never got around to it and it's been a couple years now.
i just ordered this

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32616524045

and will do a a clean hidden 12v power cable specifically for the phone. perhaps ill do a writeup and take a few photos.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:29 AM
stevexjet
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got mine installed on my 997.1 PCM Bose last night. Two takeaways; easy syncing and side cam locks were way harder to release than I'd expected. Since I don't think my wife knows how to adjust the wheel, the microphone sits tight to the panel wedged in the vinyl. Found that the button fit close to the top of the left radio stack panel. It faces toward the drivers door so you don't have to see the green phone icon.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:32 AM
stevexjet
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Checked the manual and the website. Don't see any way to update firmware. Don't know if there is anyway to do it.
Look on the App Store. Mine loaded on 6S running 10.1
Old 03-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Kaychub
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just installed mine, works great as everyone has said repeatedly, good call quality, good music quality, great price $74 on Amazon plus the Metra Cable $13. This definitely beats the MOST system, I struggled with forking out almost a grand for the full MOST kit, but this was just super!

Thanks OP, great instructions, install was easy!
Old 03-09-2017, 02:47 PM
stevexjet
Cruisin'

Default System startup

I'm having an issue with my phone not recognizing the radio. Until I manually reconnect on the phone no music. Anyone else having this issue. Doesn't happen on our other cars or BT speakers. Any ideas?
Old 04-29-2017, 05:05 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

just saw this, if there is static during radio then likely your trazit blu is still turned on (in pairing mode) - u have to hold the control button for about 5 seconds and all radio static when listening to the radio (either am/fm) and the trazit blu will be turned off and completely bypassed. (zero static)

Originally Posted by IX XI
Finally installed one of these as well. It really does work as advertised.

I have a slight issue where I only receive static when switching back to radio, but I'm guessing it's simply a short in the antenna adapter wires somewhere.

Hope to have it sorted out soon, but the Bluetooth mode works great. Nice to finally be able to interact with my iPhone.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:11 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

hey guys, i finished this about a month ago and even installed it on my friends 911 a well.

you willneed to buy one of these ...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1M-1...etail2pcDetail

and these ....

Amazon Amazon

basically plug-in the new 12v cigarette socket fuse tape into fuse C5 and wire the new 12V socket so that it's behind the pcm (it will only turn on when the car is switched onto ON mode). the 12v socket ground bolt is to be grounded the ground bolt beside the fuse box (photo provided)

the iphone/android phone cable will get tucked into and behind the side leather panels into the DC usb charger (where the charger is plugged into the new hidden 12v socket. i would get an apple certified phone cable and a certified DC/usb charger as well (don't have to worry about anything going wrong with the power supply or lightning cable).

this simple mod allows you to
- never worru about a battery drain from a DC/usb charger from using the one in the center console that's always switched on
- the stupid phone cable looking like crap coming from the middle of the centre console
- the stupid phone cable getting in the way when shifting
- the new 12V socket+usb charger is fully hidden behind the pcm and operates as you would expect as if it were a fully oem solution (only is on when the car is on)

very, very simple.

i have uploaded full videos of the install to the Facebook modification forum, those that want to see just pm me and i will add you to the group.

Originally Posted by myw
now if i could only mcgyver a clean/hidden switched 12v supply to charge my phone....
Originally Posted by JCGMS
Yup that would work. I my case I fish it out by the passenger footwell cig lighter. I would just need to know what to tap into on the back of the PCM. What about a fuse tap into the fuse on the back of the PCM (for iPhone cable or even for the tranzit itself?)
Originally Posted by Ben Z
I got a cig lighter USB adapter for $5 at CVS, keep it in the socket inside the center console cubby. The adapter is very short and only protrudes about 1/8" beyond the lighter socket, plenty of room in the cubby for my phone and the coiled-up lightning cable. If I want the phone out, there's enough clearance around the console lid so it closes without pinching the cord.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1