997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015 | 04:17 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Easiest thing is to hook into the white and grey cables as described on the first page.

I did this and it shuts on/off with the ignition.
Old 03-16-2015 | 01:32 AM
jets
Instructor

So, it has to be on a specific station in order to hear the phone call ringing through or BT streaming?
Old 03-16-2015 | 03:03 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Yes but I just programmed the PCM to be on preset station button "1" in order to connect.

I never listen to radio anyhow even though you still can. But easiest dolution is to make one of the pre-set stations be the same frequency as the Tranzit.

Always on when you start the car.
Old 03-21-2015 | 07:35 PM
sebBo13
Advanced

Just installed mine. Works great. I did not like the mic in any location, so for now I left it clip to the visor, maybe a better place will declare itself at some point.
Old 03-23-2015 | 05:15 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sebBo13
Just installed mine. Works great. I did not like the mic in any location, so for now I left it clip to the visor, maybe a better place will declare itself at some point.
Look at my post and pics on page 4 of this thread to see where I hid the mic.
Old 03-23-2015 | 09:58 AM
sebBo13
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Look at my post and pics on page 4 of this thread to see where I hid the mic.
That does look pretty cool but how did you run the mic wire up there? Also I think this is where my garage opener buttons are (997.1).
Old 03-23-2015 | 12:14 PM
shardul
Instructor

do you all get a hiss when the BT is not connected and the radio is on ?
Old 03-23-2015 | 03:16 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sebBo13
That does look pretty cool but how did you run the mic wire up there? Also I think this is where my garage opener buttons are (997.1).
I removed the A-piller and ran it up that, then tucked it in under the headliner along the windshield. I then removed the domelight cover, passed the wire through the opening for the wiring for the rear view mirror.

Yes, some cars have garage opener buttons there, my 997.1 GT3 does not. Do you have buttons on both sides? there is a slot on each side up there.
Old 03-23-2015 | 04:04 PM
sebBo13
Advanced

Originally Posted by shardul
do you all get a hiss when the BT is not connected and the radio is on ?
No hiss for me.
But the CD player makes the sound as if it would "suck in" a CD a few times as soon as I open the door, even without the key in the ignition. I did not notice that before.
Old 03-23-2015 | 04:07 PM
sebBo13
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmwtye
I removed the A-piller and ran it up that, then tucked it in under the headliner along the windshield. I then removed the domelight cover, passed the wire through the opening for the wiring for the rear view mirror.

Yes, some cars have garage opener buttons there, my 997.1 GT3 does not. Do you have buttons on both sides? there is a slot on each side up there.
I have three garage opener, No1 on the right and 2 and 3 on the left. Need 1 and 2 so cannot sactifice that hole. So far the best looking location though!
For now I can live with the clip. If it bothers me, maybe I will use 2 and 3 and install the mic on the right side.
Old 03-23-2015 | 04:53 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jets
So, it has to be on a specific station in order to hear the phone call ringing through or BT streaming?
Even if you're listening to another radio frequency and a call comes in, it will mute the radio and show you caller ID on the PCM screen.

To answer the call you need to switch to the Tranzit's frequency AND press the the control button to answer the call. If you have the Tranzit's frequency programmed into a radio preset, it takes half a second. (I use the 5 button, the middle one with the depressed center I can find by feel).

In BT streaming mode (long press of the control button) radio reception is overridden and although you only get clear BT on the Tranzit frequency, the other station presets just give you static and junk.

Basically I leave it in BT mode all the time, as I dislike commercial radio. The only time I switch it to radio is when I leave the car at the mechanic's, so somebody doesn't mess up the settings trying to get the radio to play.
Old 03-23-2015 | 07:29 PM
Bryan16
Track Day

Hey guys,

I did my install yesterday and I screwed it up. I think I know what went wrong but I want to run it by you guys before I go at it again.

Basically, I used one of these http://bit.ly/1xsBE62 to make life easy. I connected the red Tranzit wire to the red accessory power wire. Then I connected the black ground wire from the harness to the black wire that was wrapped up with the red wire. That was where I think I messed up. I then connected the green button by connecting the pink wire to pink coming from the Tranzit and the attached black wire to the black wire that was wrapped up with the pink, coming from the transit.

I'm getting crazy static and interference because the system is obviously not grounded. When I touch the wire coming from the mic button it makes everything sound better.

So my question is, do I connect the black ground wire from the power harness together with the black from the Tranzit, and the black wire that leads to the green button, and then everything is grounded?.

Hope this all makes sense, appreciate any feedback.

Bryan
Old 03-23-2015 | 11:47 PM
Bryan16
Track Day

Nevermind, I pulled it out, checked all the connections, all looked fine and now my issue seems to be gone.

Heck of a lot easier to remove the second time.
Old 04-07-2015 | 02:35 PM
lisnter
Intermediate

Default Fuse doubler load

Hey Folks,

I'm all set to do the install on my 2008 C2 and am thinking of taking the time to pull power from the fuse box. On that point I have a question. If I use the suggested B8 fuse using a fuse-doubler what should be the maximum combined amperage rating of the two fuses? I notice it appears that there's already a fuse on the hot lead of the Tranzit Blu.

Am I over thinking this and the Tranzit Blu doesn't place any appreciable additional load?

Also, is there an alternative location to access ground rather than cutting into the PCM wires? The steering column is suggested here:
Accessing ground

It seems reasonable but is there any group consensus or dissent to that?

Kudos to 702 Motoring - I ordered off eBay and requested the antenna connectors for my car and it all showed up just a few days later for just under $100. I had been considering the Dynavin but it's a bit expensive when this solution retains the stock look.

Thanks,

Terry
Old 04-07-2015 | 02:58 PM
shardul
Instructor

i installed the tranzit BT system on the car. It is pretty good for the price

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1