My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Agree and disagree

Originally Posted by UDPride
Lozzy, this is a long brain dump but bear with me.... .
Eloquently put, UDPride. I agree with alot of what you said but there are some factors at play here that are outside the norm.

Beverly Hills does happen to be an outlier on the graph of income and sense. It's not the only place where these two characteristics intersect to provide a high-end car dealership with the perfect environment to charge outlandish prices and provide ****-poor service but it's certainly the best example of one.

We can protest BHP's treatment of Lozzy and we can spread the word, but a store that treats people this way and hasn't already gone out of business isn't going to change its strategies. They've screwed other customers before and they know exactly how to do it, and how to deal with the fallout. They have, in fact, already made the strategic decision that treating people this way does not signifigantly impact their revenues, so they carry on.

As for Porsche owners revolting and switching brands, I may, but too many will not. The mother ship in Deutchland has invested way too much in the brand and done it in such a way that the cachet of the brand outshines the facts. If Porsche fired all of its engineers and only reinvested capital in brand management, the company could still carry on for decades. Screw all of the customers and let the dealers run amok, they could still sell Porsches.

Don't believe me? They sell Tauregs (and soon, Tiguans) as Porsches and they are the company's best sellers.

Need more evidence? Tell me why anyone buys a Jaguar in this day and age. The brand. Jaguar stopped building decent cars decades ago yet they somehow manage to still sell them to unsuspecting consumers who truly believe that they're buying a quality car.

I agree that we should continue to spread the word that BHP is a terrible store, but I don't think our actions will get anything done for Lozzy. I think he needs to sue. The store's recent actions (refusing delivery of his letter) prove that they're perfectly willing to ignore him. This is going to take a lawsuit, unfortunately.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
Eloquently put, UDPride. I agree with alot of what you said but there are some factors at play here that are outside the norm.

Beverly Hills does happen to be an outlier on the graph of income and sense. It's not the only place where these two characteristics intersect to provide a high-end car dealership with the perfect environment to charge outlandish prices and provide ****-poor service but it's certainly the best example of one.

We can protest BHP's treatment of Lozzy and we can spread the word, but a store that treats people this way and hasn't already gone out of business isn't going to change its strategies. They've screwed other customers before and they know exactly how to do it, and how to deal with the fallout. They have, in fact, already made the strategic decision that treating people this way does not signifigantly impact their revenues, so they carry on.

As for Porsche owners revolting and switching brands, I may, but too many will not. The mother ship in Deutchland has invested way too much in the brand and done it in such a way that the cachet of the brand outshines the facts. If Porsche fired all of its engineers and only reinvested capital in brand management, the company could still carry on for decades. Screw all of the customers and let the dealers run amok, they could still sell Porsches.

Don't believe me? They sell Tauregs (and soon, Tiguans) as Porsches and they are the company's best sellers.

Need more evidence? Tell me why anyone buys a Jaguar in this day and age. The brand. Jaguar stopped building decent cars decades ago yet they somehow manage to still sell them to unsuspecting consumers who truly believe that they're buying a quality car.

I agree that we should continue to spread the word that BHP is a terrible store, but I don't think our actions will get anything done for Lozzy. I think he needs to sue. The store's recent actions (refusing delivery of his letter) prove that they're perfectly willing to ignore him. This is going to take a lawsuit, unfortunately.
I agree, but the critical mass this issue is gathering does help, if only my outlook and willingness to persist. But you are right, BHP have demonstrated they really don't give a f*ck about repeat custom. They are in the business to make a quick buck.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And they are pros at litigation, they will delay everything in order to slow down the whole process, they want you to get tired and quit the game they'll play with you. Have your lawyer cut to the chase and go after the jugular. This is a nasty and ruthless dealer be prepared to spend $$$, however, the end result will be well worth it.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:23 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Someone earlier in this thread made the comment about trying to get one of the local LA television stations that has a consumer affairs team involved. That sounded pretty good too as a parallel path and would not be much out of pocket money, other than cost of time to bring them up to speed on the happenings. Perhaps someone from the LA area could recommend a station that advertises themselves as having such a team for Lozzy.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM
greaser5
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if a local news crew would have much of an audience for such a story... Social media is the best bet. Keep hitting their facebook page.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 PM
crazycarlitos
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed.

OP hope it works out for u in the end.

i certainly will not be doing any business with Beverly Hills Porsche and will let other know too.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by 96PCarrera993mg
And they are pros at litigation, they will delay everything in order to slow down the whole process, they want you to get tired and quit the game they'll play with you. Have your lawyer cut to the chase and go after the jugular. This is a nasty and ruthless dealer be prepared to spend $$$, however, the end result will be well worth it.
Exactly, going to court is the last thing you want to do. Nobody wins in court. It will take 6 months to get a hearing, 6 months to get a court date, and 12-18 months to get a ruling. Then there are appeals. Speedy and public trials died about 150 years ago. You can easily run through $50,000-100,000 just litigating this thing to death. Ive been through the court system enough times to realize that courts are only for people with so much stupid money that winning and losing doesnt matter -- its all about making a point and annoying the other side. And some people have that kind of money. Most people dont.

You need a far more immediate resolution. My advice is to create a YouTube video of your car, document the process, outline your grievances, and let mass communication be your invisible hand.

The local TV stations and "7 On My Side" investigative teams will not touch this with a 10ft pole. Nobody cares about rich people and their first-world problems. They are there to go see the person living on public assistance who had all her cats removed from her apartment without consent. So dont count on anyone doing the heavy lifting for you.

You are your own best advocate. Use the social media channels and bring others to your cause. It doesnt take long to set the Internet on fire because the Internet is exercise in exponentiality. And whats said on the Internet never truly goes away. It has sticking power. Its hard to wipe away. Businesses know that.

As for why people keeping buying Jaguars, its the same reason people keep buying Buicks -- they dont care about automobiles like we do. Talent and success in business oftentimes have nothing to do with one another.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
You need a far more immediate resolution. My advice is to create a YouTube video of your car, document the process, outline your grievances, and let mass communication be your invisible hand.
...and put it to a catchy tune

the rest of the story http://www.davecarrollmusic.com/
Old 07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

I may have missed this in a previous post but would also let the local PCA chapter know. We're all over the country and I'm sure you'll have more impact close to home.

http://www.pcalosangeles.org/
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by CAA
I may have missed this in a previous post but would also let the local PCA chapter know. We're all over the country and I'm sure you'll have more impact close to home.

http://www.pcalosangeles.org/
Thanks, I just dropped the president a line.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lozzy,

I really feel for you, I always say there are two sides to every story. However, I feel I have heard their side by their "agent" pulling out of the conversation. Silence is deafening. I have a real hard time with dishonest businesses. Especially sales. Probably because I'm in real estate sales myself and it hurts anyone who is ethical and gives "sales" a bad name. This situation is not sales... it's fraud.

Luckily, I had some idle time and decided to send this to everyone who had given good feedback on Yelp. Hopefully, they will remove the good feedback.

"Hi there,

I saw you gave a good review to Beverly Hills Porsche. I'm glad you had a good experience. However, too many Porsche enthusiasts have been having terrible situations happen at that dealer. Here are just a couple recent examples:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/06/12/58432.htm

Please reconsider leaving feedback as it allows them get away with what they do... thank you for your time.

Thank you,"

Oh and I added my own review... ;-)

Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 AM
jcb928
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to try,

Pedro Mota Vice President, Area West
http://press.porsche.com/more_about/.../pcna/mota.php

pedro.mota@porscheusa.com
Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Ok, I'm new to yelp. I registered. How do I vote? Click the useful?
Yes.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iceter
I agree with everything else you said, but the behavior you describe above MAY be able to be eroded slowly (or quickly if the winds are favorable). Point is, it may not be ONLY BHP that sees/reacts to this. Other retailers (not just BHP, not just Porsche dealers, not just car dealers) MAY see this (or other forms of social protest) in the aggregate and respond. BHP may not but others may and that could effect the kind of change in the aggregate that (we hope) would benefit all of us.

On the other hand, it's relatively cheap and easy for us to chime in and it couldn't hurt.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by niche
Lozzy,

I really feel for you, I always say there are two sides to every story. However, I feel I have heard their side by their "agent" pulling out of the conversation. Silence is deafening. I have a real hard time with dishonest businesses. Especially sales. Probably because I'm in real estate sales myself and it hurts anyone who is ethical and gives "sales" a bad name. This situation is not sales... it's fraud.

Luckily, I had some idle time and decided to send this to everyone who had given good feedback on Yelp. Hopefully, they will remove the good feedback.

"Hi there,

I saw you gave a good review to Beverly Hills Porsche. I'm glad you had a good experience. However, too many Porsche enthusiasts have been having terrible situations happen at that dealer. Here are just a couple recent examples:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/06/12/58432.htm

Please reconsider leaving feedback as it allows them get away with what they do... thank you for your time.

Thank you,"

Oh and I added my own review... ;-)

Thanks so much !!

Quick Reply: My poor car