Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:47 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

There are no bulletproof companies anymore. Not with the Internet. Ten years ago perhaps, but things have changed. A poor reputation on the Internet is almost more costly than a bad deal gone sour on the showroom floor. You can wipe the showroom floor problem under the rug, but the walls of the Internet are boundless.

Not sure you need to create a music video, but that person had the right idea. First and foremost Lozzy, you are your own best advocate. Nobody else is going to be able to tell the story on your behalf and make a more compelling argument. Not a PCA figurehead, and certainly not an attorney. Nobody knows the situation like you and nobody can tell it like you can.

What the car community provides is the background vocals. You take the mike, and we back you up. One of the good things about close-knit communities is we tend to go out of our way to stick up for one another. We've shared stories about our kids, our cancer-stricken mothers, our job losses, our sister's graduation from medical school, and yes our cars. The relationships are not completely shallow and superfluous. We get what you're going through because it just as easily could have been one of us.

Take your message to the street. The stuffy, wooden, legal channels will never work fast enough to right the wrong -- and are probably cost prohibitive. Never under-estimate the power of peer pressure and public reputation.

As I said before, there are certain customers that can never be made happy. Businesses are not always in the wrong and can just as easily be taken advantage of. But we've seen the photos and that's all we need to see to know that paint job is not befitting the premium you paid for a 9,000 mile, CPO Porsche. No question we don't have both sides of the story, but sometimes one side is enough to realize the other side has yet to meet in the middle -- and probably has no plans to.

Ive been in customer service for 17 years. The first words out of the dealer's mouth should have been "OK, we obviously have a situation here. What can we do to make you happy and ensure that every single car you purchase in the future is a vehicle purchased and serviced at Beverly Hills Porsche?"

There is an old adage in customer service and it goes like this: businesses made aware of a problem and fix it in a manner above and beyond the expectations of the customer, end up having happier and more loyal customers than other customers who never had a problem to begin with.

More businesses should marinate on that every time they attempt to stretch every single problem out into a marathon of argumentative counter-punching. In business, time is money. This issue is already costing them more time than they probably fathomed. I guarantee you they have had internal confabs among the suits about this, about the groundswell going on against them, and how they can figure out a way to perform damage control and dig out from it.

Its just a matter of using your own voice, social media, and the exponentiality of the Internet to flush the gopher out.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This situation is disgraceful. Lozzy, someone suggested that you contact Jalopnik, which i think is a brilliant idea and would significantly raise the profile of your case and the type of **** service that you have and continue to receive from this shady dealership. Please consider it.

Best of luck
Old 07-10-2013, 03:54 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackdayRSA.
This situation is disgraceful. Lozzy, someone suggested that you contact Jalopnik, which i think is a brilliant idea and would significantly raise the profile of your case and the type of **** service that you have and continue to receive from this shady dealership. Please consider it.

Best of luck

+1 Jalopnik and Autoblog.

I remember they posted a story about a nissan dealer that put a GTR on ebay, then sold it, then refused the sell the car.

they were highlighted enough in the media, that the nissan dealer eventually sold the car.

http://jalopnik.com/5829166/dealer-r...r-ebay-auction
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
AceOfAces
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TrackdayRSA.

Best of luck
+1 Jalopnik The more exposure especially from such a huge fanbased motoring website should really get them thinking.

This story sickens me and I hope you get a resolution that works for you Lozzy. Keep fighting and don't let these criminals at Beverly Hills Porsche get away with this injustice. We're all behind you!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wrote to Jalopnik and never heard back.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
I wrote to Jalopnik and never heard back.
It's not the kind of story they generally pick up. I don't know why people keep suggesting it. If you crash the GTS through the BHP showroom in a fit of rage then maybe you've got a story for them.

But maybe there's a better story for them about a bunch of LA rennlisters that decide they will only test drive the **** out of cars at BHP and never buy.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:40 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lozzy997 should hire "professional protestors" and picket outside of Beverly Hills Porsche. Maybe that'll get their attention. Not sure if picketing is legal.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 AM
Arainla
8th Gear

Social Media!

They have an active Instagram (http://instagram.com/bevhillsporsche) and Twitter account.
Salesguy Jay runs it.
Lots of followers.

Last edited by Arainla; 07-11-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:51 AM
andrewinla
Advanced

Twitter!!! @bevhillsporsche
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Originally Posted by mattyf
It's not the kind of story they generally pick up. I don't know why people keep suggesting it. If you crash the GTS through the BHP showroom in a fit of rage then maybe you've got a story for them.

But maybe there's a better story for them about a bunch of LA rennlisters that decide they will only test drive the **** out of cars at BHP and never buy.
I'm surprised Jalopnik did't run this story they do similar stories all the time http://jalopnik.com/tag/cotomer-sevis
Old 07-11-2013, 08:33 PM
1990nein
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with everybody in that the dealership should "step it up," but I'm a bit surprised at all the bitching & whining tactics to try to force them to.

Yes the dealer is potentially wasting their time in attempting to deliver a car that isn't as described, but Lozzy closed the deal by accepting delivery of the car. They are retailers just like any other retailers - you can't just to walk into a store, take an item off the shelf that clearly has damage on it, purchase it knowing there is a no-return policy, take it home, and then decide 2 weeks later you don't want it because you didn't inspect it enough at the store. The store has a right to their own opinion of what "good condition" is and can tell you about it over the phone for weeks until you come in.

From the dealer's perspective, they have a business to run and a have product to move. It doesn't matter who buys it - I personally can't fault them as a business for making the deal - especially being able to sell a product that was so faulty. From the consumer's perspective, it is not only a generally accepted belief that car dealers are shady, but the amount of $$$ involved in this transaction suggests the consumer should have been way more careful.

In my opinion, it is the Lozzy who made the deal-closing mistake here, and I can't help but disagree with many of the suggestions to bitch and whine to try to resolve it. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend BHP or their actions, but the methods of protest here are not unlike a child standing in the corner yelling and screaming until his parents give in and get him what he wants to calm him down.

This type of story belongs on Yelp, not a major news source. Good luck to you Lozzy, I really hope your experience ends positively!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey User Pho why not join Rennlist instead of just being a User!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
I agree with everybody in that the dealership should "step it up," but I'm a bit surprised at all the bitching & whining tactics to try to force them to.

Yes the dealer is potentially wasting their time in attempting to deliver a car that isn't as described, but Lozzy closed the deal by accepting delivery of the car. They are retailers just like any other retailers - you can't just to walk into a store, take an item off the shelf that clearly has damage on it, purchase it knowing there is a no-return policy, take it home, and then decide 2 weeks later you don't want it because you didn't inspect it enough at the store. The store has a right to their own opinion of what "good condition" is and can tell you about it over the phone for weeks until you come in.

From the dealer's perspective, they have a business to run and a have product to move. It doesn't matter who buys it - I personally can't fault them as a business for making the deal - especially being able to sell a product that was so faulty. From the consumer's perspective, it is not only a generally accepted belief that car dealers are shady, but the amount of $$$ involved in this transaction suggests the consumer should have been way more careful.

In my opinion, it is the Lozzy who made the deal-closing mistake here, and I can't help but disagree with many of the suggestions to bitch and whine to try to resolve it. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend BHP or their actions, but the methods of protest here are not unlike a child standing in the corner yelling and screaming until his parents give in and get him what he wants to calm him down.

This type of story belongs on Yelp, not a major news source. Good luck to you Lozzy, I really hope your experience ends positively!
Well, I am speechless! If someone cheats, steals or in a polite term, misrepresents, you think that it is ok? Lozzy knows he could have handled this transaction very different but if the dealer is a cheat and does not give a rats *** about their misrepresentations, and refuses to do the right thing, then I will happily stand on the corner kicking and screaming like any fun loving two year old.

I need to get back to my kicking and screaming. BEVERLY HILL PORSCHE SELLS INFERIOR PREOWNED CARS AND MISREPRENTS THE CONDITION OF ITS CARS. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Now I feel better.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I disagree with your POV. If you recall from the inital post and the subsequent posts with the pictures plus the conversation between Lozzy and BHP after he received the car and got expert advice on paint quality and condition, it is hard for me to draw any conclusion other than he was misled and deceived by BHP. BHP knew (knows) the car has issues but only wanted to make a token adjustment once there was an estimate. Since then, BHP's customer service has been deplorable. Hence the suggested actions taken and to be taken.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 PM
iammulva
Racer

Yes the dealer is potentially wasting their time in attempting to deliver a car that isn't as described, but Lozzy closed the deal by accepting delivery of the car.
I disagree and the U.C.C. does too.

§ 2-513. Buyer's Right to Inspection of Goods.

(1) Unless otherwise agreed and subject to subsection (3), where goods are tendered or delivered or identified to the contract for sale, the buyer has a right before payment or acceptance to inspect them at any reasonable place and time and in any reasonable manner. When the seller is required or authorized to send the goods to the buyer, the inspection may be after their arrival.

They are retailers just like any other retailers
I agree, and, as such, BHP is subject to California's Consumer Legal Remedy Act (CLRA)

you can't just to walk into a store, take an item off the shelf that clearly has damage on it, purchase it knowing there is a no-return policy, take it home, and then decide 2 weeks later you don't want it because you didn't inspect it enough at the store.
Mostly I agree with the above statement, but since Lozzy did not indicate that he performed any of the actions you describe, it is irrelevant. Not sure why you wrote it.

The store has a right to their own opinion of what "good condition" is and can tell you about it over the phone for weeks until you come in.
Certainly the store has the right to their own opinion of "good condition", but according to Lozzy the condition was represented as "perfect" which, I hope you'll agree, is substantially different than "good". Secondly, if the store does tell you something is in better condition than it actually is (regardless of whether it is communicated over the phone, in an email, on a chalkboard, or tattooed on the salesman's forehead) AND it is a misrepresentation then they are opening themselves up to a lawsuit under the CLRA. Specifially, see section 1770 (a)(5) for more detail.

From the dealer's perspective, they have a business to run and a have product to move. It doesn't matter who buys it - I personally can't fault them as a business for making the deal - especially being able to sell a product that was so faulty.
Good thing for Lozzy, California disagrees with your philosophy. May I direct your attention once again to the CLRA? You may be noticing a pattern here.

From the consumer's perspective, it is not only a generally accepted belief that car dealers are shady, but the amount of $$$ involved in this transaction suggests the consumer should have been way more careful.
HEY! Lookit this! I agree fully here. On the other hand..... CLRA, amirite?

This type of story belongs on Yelp,
Agreed. Already there.

not a major news source.
Why shouldn't Lozzy use all available resources? If a major news source publicizes his situation do you think they would forgo reporting on a meteor strike or an invasion to do so?

Don't mind me, I just like to argue.

Quick Reply: My poor car