My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niche
This thread just proves what a scam cpo is. Hoping best for op
I personally don't think CPO warranty itself is a scam. It's the dealerships action that made the scenario happen. If BHP were honest they should've wholesaled the car or done the right thing to the OP from the beginning.

I have a CPO car and although its only for a short time, it is still a warranty for covered items if needed for unforeseen events such as the much talked about IMS failure.

Just my 0.2cents
Old 07-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by malexgcab
I personally don't think CPO warranty itself is a scam. It's the dealerships action that made the scenario happen. If BHP were honest they should've wholesaled the car or done the right thing to the OP from the beginning.

I have a CPO car and although its only for a short time, it is still a warranty for covered items if needed for unforeseen events such as the much talked about IMS failure.

Just my 0.2cents
Agreed. Some folks may argue that CPO cars aren't good value, but that is a very subjective thing and varies person by person.

There are countless examples of threads throughout Rennlist showing that the CPO warranty is honoured quickly and fully by reputable dealers and has saved some owners tens of thousands of dollars.

The problem here is that Beverly Hills Porsche isn't a reputable dealer. The goal for all of us, not just Lozzy, is to get the word out to even the non-enthusiasts out there so everybody knows just how slimy and dishonest Beverly Hills Porsche is.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

This thread has had 20,575 views so far which is awesome. Any way to change the thread title to something like: "Beverly Hills Porsche: Scam Artists" ?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure how to interpret the interest and support I'm getting. Hopefully that it's unusual and folks are interested in the outcome. I would still like to think there are dealers out there with integrity.

Oh, I was talking to a friend today and a few little things came back to me: the car arrived with no second key (they sent one in the mail), the GTS badge was broken and a replacement came with it (loose in a box), the rear seats were missing (sent in a box later on). All indicating a pretty abused car I think. And certainly something BHP were very aware of.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a wreck BHP deserves this vehicle back on their showroom floor.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Beverly Hills Porsche: Scam Artists"

Originally Posted by hf1
This thread has had 20,575 views so far which is awesome. Any way to change the thread title to something like: "Beverly Hills Porsche: Scam Artists" ?
+1
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Seems clear this dealership isn't generating revenue to its full potential given its management style and the complaints piling up from angry customers. But....maybe Porsche looks at this as a zero sum game for them. Someone who wants one of their cars and walks away disgusted from Beverly Hills will probably buy the car from a different dealership so the only one losing is BHP.
Very good point! PCNA isn't the benevolent overseer that it once may have been. For example, they are starting to segment the market like Ferrari does. That is, if you bought a 918 you are in a special class of customers - you get first pick of all new models (e.g. the new GT3 allocations are first offered to 918 orderers, if they don't want one the allocation goes back to PCNA and dealerships have to wait for a second round of allocations for we common buyers.) Yet, PCNA still sends sales people to seminars on how to manage "high net worth" buyers. Go figure, I guess dropping 100K for a car no longer entitles you to anything but a place in line.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
This thread just proves what a scam cpo is. Hoping best for op
All you guys who say CPO is a scam? Have any of you used it? I have and it's no scam, saved me tons of money. CPO is not a scam, BHP is, let's make that clear. My dealer made sure everything was checked out when I was about to go out of warranty. They wanted to make sure PCNA paid for everything b4 warranty expired and not me.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All you guys who say CPO is a scam? Have any of you used it? I have and it's no scam, saved me tons of money. CPO is not a scam, BHP is, let's make that clear. My dealer made sure everything was checked out when I was about to go out of warranty. They wanted to make sure PCNA paid for everything b4 warranty expired and not me.
If this situation can happen with ANY dealer, without PCNA not stepping in, how is it not a scam?!

I'm sure most of us has had good experiences with CPO cars, but if they can CPO ANY car and sell it and not stand by the customer when the car is a dog, it is a scam...
Old 07-08-2013, 03:24 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
CPO is a certification process with two parts:

1)- Reconditioning a car to a set standard but the problem is, most dealers do shaddy certification and pass the cars along to customers making it look like a reconditioned vehicles, but they are not?

2)- Warranty process: The CPO warranty covers 2 yrs/upto 100,000 miles) annd if you look closely, there are quite a few parts espceially electric (Nav/DVD player etc) that are not covered by certification.

So the point is, why pay $2500-$3500 for a 2 yrs of CPO warranty when one can buy a say a Platinum comprehensive 5 yrs/60,000 miles warranty from Fidelity for $3500.

I know I did that and I am pretty happy with my decission of not buying a CPO car.

PCNA needs to decipline these bastards or else they are are the ones that will be on the losing end.

On a side note, I was successfully able to convince two local people to buy an extended warranty from Fidelity than buying a CPO car.

So tell me, who was the loser here?

PCNA is a friggen joke and is an absolute crap **** of load.

To the OP : Please challenge the certification process of your particular car and have them not only take the car back but also make them pay you some sort of liquidation damage as well.

Complain to dealer and they tell you to call the PCNA and call PCNA and they would tell you they are all individual dealerships and there's nothing they can do

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 07-08-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Ghosteh
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts

I was honestly looking at trading my 930 Euro in on a 997TT, and had looked at Beverly Hills Porsche website to search their inventory. After reading this thread, I'd rather work with a dealer who wants satisfied customers and is willing to eat a little crow once in a while just to make things right.

Moral: Treat your customers like family & they will do their best to spread the word and send more business your way. It's not the easiest way to do business, but undoubtedly the best. Take the opposite route, and it will come back to haunt you,eventually.

Lozzy, I think you've been extremely patient and rational, even setting aside the claims made by the salesman on the phone, your expectation of the condition of a "certified" car is not at all unreasonable. In fact, I'd say that it was spot on! The photos you posted don't lie. I wouldn't have been happy either.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Lozzy - I've been following this story for a few weeks and feel for you. If it means anything take solace in the fact that in this day and age a company can't outrun their reputation on the World Wide Web. Their lack of response after 20 pages of thread content speaks volumes.

Keep your head up pal.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:00 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beverly hills porsche are thieves and they are going to find out the hard way it is easier to do right than be a weasel. A happy customer may tell a few people they are happy, but an unhappy customer will tell everybody!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 106 Posts

Google reviews are a good place to leave feedback.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts
Default I've made up my mind

I have no concrete data to support this theory, but I picture the client base at BHP to be mostly made up of lay-downs with more money than sense who don't do research and don't care what some yokel from the real world experienced when he bought his used car there.

All of these platitudes about one bad experience outweighing twelve good ones and all of the other "rules" that salesmen live by in the rest of the world don't apply in a market as rich as that zip code. Most rich people I know didn't get rich by spending money stupidly, but most of the money in and around Beverly Hills is crazy, easy money and people who don't work for their money don't mind wasting it.

The median house price is $3.5 Million and the cost of living is 68% higher than the rest of the country. Hell, any dealership that tries to stick a customer for $500 to go through an electronic menu and turn on the DRL's is obviously completely devoid of integrity. We're obviously not dealing with a store that has to follow the same rules as everybody else.

My point is, BH Porsche obviously doesn't care what we think and they don't care what the OP thinks. They've made the decision to treat him as a one-night-stand and they aren't going to call him back for a second date.

My recommendation is that the OP turn up the heat and go after them like a honey-badger until they just get tired of him and settle.

Quick Reply: My poor car