My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by 91469972
PCNA needs to understand that because of this issue the CPO has become to represent nothing since if the CPO doesn't have any specific standards it just becomes three letters (CPO) and any Porsche dealer can say CPO and we cannot trust that any of these cars have followed by any guidelines.
Clark Howard is fond of saying that CPO cars are just a gimmick and not worth the extra $. It appears as though Beverly Hills Porsche has proven his point.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Clark Howard is fond of saying that CPO cars are just a gimmick and not worth the extra $. It appears as though Beverly Hills Porsche has proven his point.
That's certainly my conclusion. One which could be quite costly for the dealers and PCNA if they lose that cash cow.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:25 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Lozzy, posting this to wish you good luck and to have this thread pop in my Recent Threads search. Absolutely appaled by this event, even more so by PCNA's complete disregard of such behavior by a dealer in their network.

I like the idea of offering the car as trade in at BHP and use that value estimate as evidence in court or as a bargaining chip during settlement negotiations. If this was me, I'd be at a 'total war' stage by now and my primary goal would be inflicting as much damage to the enemy at whatever cost I could afford.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997

That's certainly my conclusion. One which could be quite costly for the dealers and PCNA if they lose that cash cow.
+1... don't fall for the CPO gimmick. P-dealers have attempted to use CPO to befuddle many of our RL members with this approach including myself. My p-dealer tried to convince me that a PPI was unnecessary since my car had almost 2 yrs of original warranty left plus the CPO... they even went further to insist that my Indy had to use one of their drive bays and that I pay them $300 to do so but, of course, they would allow for the PPI as that was my right as a customer. Something didn't sound right here. Needless to say the PPI uncovered a few issues... a leaking RMS as the car had been setting on the lot for 4+ months and a broken tail pipe. i still purchased the car after all issues were serviced and/or replaced as a condition of sale. For my "pain and suffering" of dealing with their "gimmicky" the agreed to price was further reduced another $1K. My C2S has been a joy to drive and maintain since I purchased it 2+ yrs ago. The $300 PPI more than paid for itself. If anything I consider it an extended warranty... beyond that it's only as valuable as the integrity of the p-dealer and we all know how that works.

As a side note... when my Indy was inspecting the car in the p-dealers lift bay another customer happen to come by to check it out. The p-dealer had mentioned this to me in an attempt to pressure me to buy before the other customer got there. I decided to let things take their natural course and not purchase until after the inspection. And as it would happened their other potential customer spoke to my Indy while he had all the under panels off and my Indy showed him the leaking RMS. He walked away... I don't know if that p-dealer continues with the policy of forcing a customer's Indy to inspect their cars on their property but that day it did not pay off for them. I agree with the OP... always get a PPI.

Last edited by USMC_DS1; 07-06-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I also wish Lozzy the best.

I don't know if the COP Inspection checklist has been shown before; but, I have attached a copy of the 2006 edition.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
CPO Inspection Checklist.pdf (579.3 KB, 882 views)

Last edited by Harvey in FL; 07-06-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-06-2013, 02:03 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Apologize if it's already posted or not but I started a thread not too long ago about Porsche of Beverly HIlls regarding a stolen 993 TTS.

Car only had 5500 miles and belonged to a billionaire who has apparently sued the dealership.

It might be a good idea to some how get the information of that Attorney and may be tag along with him.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/06/12/58432.htm

Not sure what to think of them though.

BTW, all CPO's, whether it's a BMW,Porsche/Audi or mercedes, it's all same crap/bull****.

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 07-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Apologize if it's already posted or not but I started a thread not too long ago about Porsche of Beverly HIlls regarding a stolen 993 TTS.

Car only had 5500 miles and belonged to a billionaire who has apparently sued the dealership.

It might be a good idea to some how get the information of that Attorney and may be tag along with him.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/06/12/58432.htm

Not sure what to think of them though.

BTW, all CPO's, whether it's a BMW,Porsche/Audi or mercedes, it's all same crap/bull****.
Beverly Hills Porsche parked his $400,000 Porsche outside when it was in for service and the car was stolen. Very professional Porsche dealer - NOT! My dealer even parks my GTS inside when it's there overnight.

Beverly Hills Porsche messed with the wrong guy in Billionaire Ron Burkle. The movie Wallstreet was based on takeover artists like him.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:03 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Well kudos to Tom Farnsworth at PCNA as I just went off the rails at him for about 15mins.

He was incredibly professional (unlike me), although there's not much he can do
That's not true of course. I'm sure PCNA could revoke (or threaten to revoke) BHP's authorized dealership status if BHP fails to meet required standards. I'm a bit late to this thread, so forgive me if this has long been addressed. I'm still reading page 9.

p.s. I'll be sure to contact BHP and give them a piece of my mind!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by graham_mitchell
That's not true of course. I'm sure PCNA could revoke (or threaten to revoke) BHP's authorized dealership status if BHP fails to meet required standards. I'm a bit late to this thread, so forgive me if this has long been addressed. I'm still reading page 9.

p.s. I'll be sure to contact BHP and give them a piece of my mind!
Thank you. Yes they could, but at the end of the day if they are generating revenue for Porsche isn't that all that matters to them?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Thank you. Yes they could, but at the end of the day if they are generating revenue for Porsche isn't that all that matters to them?
Seems clear this dealership isn't generating revenue to its full potential given its management style and the complaints piling up from angry customers. But....maybe Porsche looks at this as a zero sum game for them. Someone who wants one of their cars and walks away disgusted from Beverly Hills will probably buy the car from a different dealership so the only one losing is BHP.

Other than that, what did you think about the idea of bringing the GTS back to BHP as a trade for another car? Inconvenient no doubt but it sure would be interesting to see what kind of trade-in value they would put on your car relative to blue book for a "perfect" car.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:20 AM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Other than that, what did you think about the idea of bringing the GTS back to BHP as a trade for another car? Inconvenient no doubt but it sure would be interesting to see what kind of trade-in value they would put on your car relative to blue book for a "perfect" car.
I think its a great idea but to be a devil's advocate...

if Beverly Hills Porsche gives the car a lower trade in value which is what we all suspect, the dealership can argue the price is due to the car being driven by the OP, although minimal/low miles and "once the car leaves the lot it has depreciated in value". I know the latter is total BS but I've heard it from dealerships many times.

Also, since we all agree BHP has deceived the OP, what stops them from saying the damaged roof, chipped door and curb rash were done by the OP?

I don't remember the OP mentioning any pictures of the car before purchase to defend the mentioned damages. The dealership cannot deny the paint imperfections. If my position is valid then the dealership gets away with the depreciated trade in value.

My apologies if I sound like I'm hampering the situation.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM
naute
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I've been following this thread ever since it started, now we are up to 19 pages and still no resolution. I can't believe the audacity and disrespect that this dealer has shown the OP.
Support for the OP to keep up with the pressure and I hope things are resolved soon without too much mess.

We are all behind you OP!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

I too am amazed re the manner the OP has been treated and to show my support, I've blacklisted BHP from my 997.2 search.

I would love to write PCA so if ya have a name I'll do so after I return from vacation.

This thread has also reminded me how important a PPI is even for a CPO vehicle!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread just proves what a scam cpo is. Hoping best for op
Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Someone could also start a Facebook Group called Screwed by Beverly Hills Porsche or something. I bet it would get lots of members...
Every time someone typed "Beverly Hills Porsche" into the FB search function, it would come up as a suggestion.

Quick Reply: My poor car