Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:00 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Rather than focus on communicating with Beverly Hills Porsche, I believe the real focus of the Rennlist Community trying to help Lozzy should be directed towards PCNA for failing to make sure their dealer network is upholding the standards they set forth with the CPO program.

I went through a similar issue with a Harley Davidson dealership a few years ago, except that once Harley Corporate got involved, the dealer in question tried to move heaven and earth to make sure I was satisfied and would only tell H-D Corporate great things about them. I am convinced that enough pressure directed at PCNA by a large community effort would get noticed. If the folks you are talking with at PCNA don't get you the results you need, ask for their direct supervisor and keep escalating. Trust me, someone in the food chain WILL respond appropriately and fairly.

For what its worth, I am a potential customer and *was* leaning strongly towards looking for a CPO'd car. I think I will watch this thread closely and depending on the response I see, I may well reconsider my options.

Regards, ...Scott
Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say post an email link here to both bhp and pcna so all who have been intrigued with this situation can easily reply with their support. I think there are more pages on this post than there are on the "ims issues" posts, well close anyway.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
I'll change my signature too :P
You need to add
"Sold as perfect by Beverly Hills Porsche"
Old 07-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

PCNA needs to understand that because of this issue the CPO has become to represent nothing since if the CPO doesn't have any specific standards it just becomes three letters (CPO) and any Porsche dealer can say CPO and we cannot trust that any of these cars have followed by any guidelines.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 168 Posts

Just read this thread...WTF?? I had a slightly similar issue when I bought a basalt black CPO Mercedes Benz CLK 55. I received the CPO checklist (which looked hastily completed) and OK'd purchase after my own careful test drive and inspection. Dealer said they just needed to detail the car and I could pick it up tomorow.

Next day when I stopped by to pick up the car, the "detailed" paint was worse than the previous condition with lots of swirls added. I also noted the spare tire was worn and had been curbed. (missed during the CPO?) I pointed this out to the salesman who said "they all look like that" until I showed him a smiliar model in his showroom with no swirls.

The GM was summoned and said they would fix the problems to my satisfaction. They sent out the car for a pro detailing, and gave me a new spare wheel and tire. While I was pissed at the time, I ended up buying another car from them a few years later because while they did screw up they fixed the problem without any hesitation and made sure I was completely satisfied. It's hard to see what the Beverly Hills Porsche GM thinks is the upside here.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 PM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks to 2005997carrera2 for posting a link on 6Speed to this thread.
More exposure is more better.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I am wondering if any of the leadership on Rennlist have liaison relationships with Beverly Hills Porsche.

If Lozzy is a PCA member, he should use the local PCA chapter to help get an enthusiast community voice to the GM.

In fact, any rennlisters who are PCA members of the chapter that is local to Beverly Hills could speak to the chapter President to help this along. There must be some influencers out there.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:59 PM
fc2s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this is unbelievable!
It really does tarnish the enthusiast's perspective of what these machines really mean to us.
It is quite apparent that a high volume dealer in a major market for Porsche has made it all about profit and pushing tin - at any price!
It's obvious that BHP don't give a rats *** about their reputation or the repercussions, but I'm very surprised and disappointed that PCNA hasn't stepped up to rectify this horrible situation for a car that is still under the original factory warranty.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:05 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lazzy, I feel your pain and frustration.

2 years ago I bought (remotely) a nearly new (200 miles on the odo.) 2011 GT3RS from Beverly Hills FERRARI (just a few blocks up the street from BHP) and had them take the car to BHP for a cursory PPI.
While the RS was there I asked BHP if they would activate the daytime driving lights as I was importing the car into Canada and they said that would cost an add'l $ 500.00....I told them to forget that request as it was ridiculous to charge that much.

Upon my receipt of the car in Canada, I personally activated the DDL's at my home which took me about 5 seconds with the PSM...

Note: I was super happy and impressed with the level of service and professionalism form Beverly Hill FERRARI.....IMO the sales manager "James" at BHF could give BHP a good tutorial on how to treat a customer.

Good luck on getting this sorted.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:43 AM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So at the moment yelp has 31 reviews for BHP and 3.5 stars.......
Old 07-06-2013, 02:22 AM
OTR18WHEELER
You can call me Otis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to ask yourself, "why is this used porsche for sale at a used car lot?"
and go from there.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:32 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Lozzy, I'd definitely sue them ASAP don't let this cool off, get on them like a cheap suit. If your attorney is not aggressive enough retain another one. Make their life miserable, you have to be ruthless and very aggressive with this type of dealership otherwise they will get away with it.
Take couple of days off and drive to BHP and find another car you really like and trade in your 2011 GTS and see what they have to say about it and how much of the $110K they will offer you for it, use info against them in your law suit.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:38 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Here's some interesting reading:http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/06/12/58432.htm
Old 07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I used the Suggest an Edit function on Beverly Hills Porsche's Facebook page to suggest a new name. We'll see if they agree and rename the place Douche Bag Porsche.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No updates but checking in to say hi and thanks for the support. I have to let each step run its course (e.g. 30 days for the first letter etc.) and I suspect the dealership will just let this run as long as they can before they have to do anything.

I think I'll check back in with PCNA this week, just to see if their attitude has changed.

Thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: My poor car