Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Ned Flanders. Is that you?!?
T
Hidelyho there...
While I had some time this morning I decided to change my old leaky rear shock for an old "unleaky" rear shock. Very easy and I found you can use an old dog collar to hold the shock while taking to top nut off--there's not a lot of pre-load on that part. And by removing the rear lower control arm at the carrier and the roll bar link, you can (with the judicious application of a 5 ft 2x3) that shock will just fall right out of the top mount and roll out the top of the carrier through the wheel well. I learn sumpin' new every day.

Flanders' exhibit A
4 bolts(3 on top, 1 on bottom)on the strut and 2 on the carrier -- that's all
Gosh, I've been productive lately...just ask about the bathroom remodel I finish up.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Simply the best addition to my car was to buy the Turbo 11 wheels. Two years looking for the "right set" and never a problem with brake dust as they are so slippery, literaly just washed off. E-mail for Otto ****s factory concluded that Nine coats of paint and laquer are applied to each wheel for the required finish. For me truly the best looking wheel for the 997.2
Old 09-11-2018, 01:40 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Well that completely sucks. You find something awesome like this and then boom, out of business. Next best ones I've found are the Inpelle leather mats I have in my 997 and 928

I think they have a deviated stitching option too where you could get red. Depending in when they're doing the production runs though, it can take a few weeks to receive them. If interested I can give you contact info.

Thanks Pete I'll check those out. The Lloyds are non starters for me with those flimsy fasteners that are supposed to hold the mats in place but don't. Can't believe they're still selling them like that.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:38 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

sandwedge, obviously you hate the Lloyd fasteners & keep trashing them. Was that from 1st-hand experience? Cuz I gotta say I've been using them in my 964 Turbo for 14+ yrs & they have never budged, never moved, have not broken, stitching quality is good, and they are easy to unclip & remove the mats. And I've probably put 15k miles on them. Can't understand why you keep hating on them. Not that I care really,... but others may find them worthy to their liking. Did you maybe have a bad customer service experience with them? ... just wondering if this is 1st hand experience.

I probably will NOT go with Lloyd mats for my new-to-me 997 though,... so I have no skin in this game.

I will admit, the Inpelle & autopreme are definitely much better looking with that diamond weave. Too bad the autopreme are discontinued.
=Steve
Old 09-11-2018, 01:51 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 84 Posts

Four new tires (MPS4S), plus a custom alignment.

What a world of difference! New setup is much more to my liking than the "before measurements". Honestly, after so many years in this game, so many mods, it remains absolutely true that the very first and best thing you can do for your car is put on a set of good tires and a decent 4-wheel alignment.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:02 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 60 Posts

stock suspension?

Originally Posted by quickxotica
Four new tires (MPS4S), plus a custom alignment.

What a world of difference! New setup is much more to my liking than the "before measurements". Honestly, after so many years in this game, so many mods, it remains absolutely true that the very first and best thing you can do for your car is put on a set of good tires and a decent 4-wheel alignment.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:13 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bronz
stock suspension?
Yes - with SPASM option & factory 5mm spacers
Old 09-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 54 Posts
Default NorthernWorthersee

Not today but Saturday Sept 15 in Frankenmuth, Mi (AKA little Bavaria) German Car show. I'm taking my 911
more info here www.facebook.com/NorthernWorthersee/
Old 09-11-2018, 06:33 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Bomar Shelby
Not today but Saturday Sept 15 in Frankenmuth, Mi (AKA little Bavaria) German Car show. I'm taking my 911
more info here www.facebook.com/NorthernWorthersee/
Isn't Frankenmuth the place with the huge Christmas store?
T
Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM
JQ911
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sucks

I just got my 4th badge of honor😂. First 3 on the 911 and 1st on the 997. Looks repairable.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 54 Posts

Yes, Bronner's winter wonderland, long ride from Texas though
Old 09-12-2018, 03:40 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
sandwedge, obviously you hate the Lloyd fasteners & keep trashing them. Was that from 1st-hand experience? Cuz I gotta say I've been using them in my 964 Turbo for 14+ yrs & they have never budged, never moved, have not broken, stitching quality is good, and they are easy to unclip & remove the mats. And I've probably put 15k miles on them. Can't understand why you keep hating on them. Not that I care really,... but others may find them worthy to their liking. Did you maybe have a bad customer service experience with them? ... just wondering if this is 1st hand experience.

I probably will NOT go with Lloyd mats for my new-to-me 997 though,... so I have no skin in this game.

I will admit, the Inpelle & autopreme are definitely much better looking with that diamond weave. Too bad the autopreme are discontinued.
=Steve

Of course it was from first hand experience. You think I would make up a bad experience? In fact, I didn't even post about it until I read a number of similar complaints and after getting no support from Llloyds. Maybe they have made improvements on their clips since I bought mine but they told me at the time of my complaint that they were aware of some "issues" with the clips but offered nothing else. I actually liked the quality of the mats themselves and in retrospect should have tried to glue some Velcro to the bottom of them in the same corner spots as the stock mats. Why they don't sell them that way instead of using the clip solution I'll never know.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:50 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

sorry! sorry! ... didn't mean to come on too strong!!! msg received.

I agree on the velcro for 997. I'm only a 997 owner for 3 weeks now, so forgive me. 964's did not use velcro, and they had horrible hold-downs in the late 80's / early 90's, so maybe that's where the discourse arrived in this conversation. In my case, clip straps were better than nothing.

Now we can agree, no Lloyd for 997's. GOT it. Thanks for the info!!
=Steve
Old 09-12-2018, 08:26 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

New windshield. Not sure why I dealt with pitting, chips and a small crack for as long as I did.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Dial430
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Put Gyeon Rim on my Sport Design Wheels

I put Gyeon Rim on my Sport Design Wheels, it actually took two days. After putting the left side up on jack stands, I removed the rear wheel, cleaned, removed rubber and tar from barrel, chemical decontaminated with iron remover, clayed, polished, then coated with Gyeon Rim. Took longer than I excected, but the wheel turned out really nice, then on to the front wheel, and today the right side.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?