Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018 | 12:35 PM
ocgarza
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
^Cool. I decided to go over 60K in style. Barbecue run. 400 + mile round trip. My belly is full. Too full. But, otherwise, a great day in the 997.2 S. Didn't skip a beat. Saw two other Porsches of note. Really nice looking blue Cayman S. Not sure which exact shade of now. Silver 996 went whizzing past me near Waco. Actually, saw it twice. Next time was when it was pulled over by the popo in some small town.
T
Tom,
400 + mile would put you in range of Taylor, perhaps even Lockhart, for BBQ. Where did you go for this special meal?
Old 09-21-2018 | 11:28 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ocgarza
Tom,
400 + mile would put you in range of Taylor, perhaps even Lockhart, for BBQ. Where did you go for this special meal?
Met up with a Ferrari friend who was in town for the UT-USC game. He went to the Taylor -Lockhart joints on Friday. I've been. Think they're all great. Mueller's is my favorite. Friend went to game on Saturday. On Sunday, I drove down and we hit...

John Mueller's Black Box - fantastic brisket. Good sausage. Smoked jalapeño boudin - tremendous.

Mickelthwaite's - very good brisket. Smoked chicken - extraordinary. Sausage - good to OK.

La Barbecue - brisket - very good. Sausage - excellent.

Kerlin - brisket - good to OK. Sausage - good.
To be fair, I was getting uber full by this point!

Stiles Switch - very good brisket and sausage.

OC - you're down in Victoria. Every eaten the Q at McMillan's in Fannin? Little shack in the middle of nowhere. Some of the best barbecue I've had.

T
Old 09-22-2018 | 12:01 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Dealer programmed my new multifunction steering wheel and an Indy programmed the comfort windows. 5 hour round trip day to Houston and back.
Old 09-22-2018 | 02:42 PM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

Late night at work.. open road at 4am on the way home made up for it. Man she hums with the cool air at night lately
Old 09-22-2018 | 10:42 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Took her to an airport...

A little fun during the todays's PorscheRally.
Her and I enjoying several head-to-head runs down the airstrip at Pemberton Regional Airport.

Old 09-23-2018 | 09:34 AM
Translog
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Changed my coil packs. I am a bit stiff this morning.

Old 09-23-2018 | 09:59 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 114 Posts

Replaced the battery
Old 09-23-2018 | 11:39 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default do i see you are on 18's

Originally Posted by Slow_997
Finally put on the Porsche 70th sticker bought from another forum memeber 👍🏼
if so , could you tell me what sizes, offsets, tires, etc, i like the look...
Old 09-23-2018 | 01:36 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by Translog
Changed my coil packs. I am a bit stiff this morning.
What did you do with your emergency cable pull for the rear deck lid (usually in the Driver side rear tail light cavity) ?? I don't see it.

So guys have reported snaking this cable back out, and re-routing it out through one of the holes behind the license plate. Although when you do that, I'd like to hear what you do with all the extra cable length ??

=Steve
Old 09-23-2018 | 02:44 PM
ocgarza
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Met up with a Ferrari friend who was in town for the UT-USC game. He went to the Taylor -Lockhart joints on Friday. I've been. Think they're all great. Mueller's is my favorite. Friend went to game on Saturday. On Sunday, I drove down and we hit...

John Mueller's Black Box - fantastic brisket. Good sausage. Smoked jalapeño boudin - tremendous.

Mickelthwaite's - very good brisket. Smoked chicken - extraordinary. Sausage - good to OK.

La Barbecue - brisket - very good. Sausage - excellent.

Kerlin - brisket - good to OK. Sausage - good.
To be fair, I was getting uber full by this point!

Stiles Switch - very good brisket and sausage.

OC - you're down in Victoria. Every eaten the Q at McMillan's in Fannin? Little shack in the middle of nowhere. Some of the best barbecue I've had.

T
WOW! That's what I call a real BBQ trail you took, certainly worthy of the special mileage run.

Almost every Friday afternoon while I was in photojournalism school at UT, the professors and students would meet at Mueller's in Taylor for BBQ, scotch and discussions on how to solve all the world's problems. After it got a bit too "everyday", we switched to Louie Muellers in Lockhart. Then to Blacks in Lockhart. Then back to Mickelthwaite's. The Salt Lick too.

McMillan's is my favorite BBQ joint around Victoria although Mr McMillan is about to shut it down and retire. A recent BBQ joint "Aunt Jo's" opened in Victoria that is really good and very different style of BBQ.

Porsche and Texas BBQ, it's worth the drive*
Old 09-23-2018 | 05:08 PM
gsruff
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Finally got around to editing a before and after video of my Fister sport exhaust.

Old 09-23-2018 | 10:17 PM
HeyJacu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bled my brakes, replaced the factory clear stone guards and added clear headlight film.Name:  photo729.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  973.3 KBName:  photo515.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  870.4 KBName:  photo583.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  898.8 KBName:  photo66.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  721.6 KB
Old 09-23-2018 | 11:06 PM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased it on this past Tuesday. Spent the last two days claying, compounding , polishing and waxing the vehicle. Did a quick clean on the interior.
Old 09-24-2018 | 12:07 AM
rootwyrm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two new air filters, cleaned out the engine-side screens in the air box, and did a bit of detailing on the airbox cover while it was out. Gave the spoiler the lubrication it has probably desperately needed for 2+ years, no more screeching! Attempt #2 at getting the brake dust off the centerlocks, now it's 95% instead of 85%. And my bottle of Meguiar's wheel stuff is at 25% instead of 75%. Eesh. There has got to be a better way. Washed it, and while I was at it I hit the exterior plastic with the last of my "PROTECTANT for product review." (Better known and available on store shelves as 303.) Gonna have to get somebody who is not me to detail it though, because I know better than to trust myself with an orbital.

Checked the brakes a bit more closely since I was planning to do Mid-Ohio with NORPCA next weekend and she's going in for the center diff fluid and a new windshield (SCREW YOU TEXAS ROCKS) on Wednesday. Decided I wasn't totally happy with pad thickness, and fluid's about used up. Dug in and lo, brake fluid was replaced very recently, right on schedule. So the only way it's this contaminated is if I've got something basically letting water in or somebody forged service records. Great. Just great. </sarcasm>
And to put the cherry on the day, the stumble dropping out of fast idle got worse with the new filters. No, not hesitation or stall, actual stumble. ECU let it drop to ~550 before recovering at 800. Already ruled out even the slightest possibility of it being IACV/IACM. It starts at 1100, stumbles hard at transition, recovers to 1000, and then perfect at 800 tach indicated. So I'll have to hit the books to see if I can find out if there's a threshold the computer's undershooting.
Old 09-24-2018 | 12:37 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Uwon

what did you replace the motor mounts with?
Stock Porsche replacements from Suncoast. I had no interest in semi solids since the general consensus seems to be that they add NVH, and I’m not willing to make that trade off.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?