Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Old 08-15-2018, 04:10 AM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
The gauges were installed by the original owner of the car and I'm not sure who did the actual install or where. What I do know based on testimony from others is that it's not the easiest of DIY's to take that dash apart and then get all the needles and pointers in there just right. And the GTS logo on the tach was a special request. You won't get that unless you ask for it and pay a premium. FVD nailed it though. Looks absolutely factory OEM. Font and all.
Thanks. And jealously I agree ...looks fabulously OE. Awesome!
Old 08-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Dymag
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Wheel wrap

Steering Wheel for approval before it left Ledermanz

This is wheel mounted on my car
Really nice. Who built it? Almost identical to a wheel Dallas built for my -09 C4S except mine was the sport wheel. And I agree that the leather on the OEM wheel disappoints. Feels cheap, slick and slippery and for my rather large hands it's too skinny.
Thanks, I used a place in Latvia by the name of Ledermanz - yes Latvia. I tried contacting both of the main wheel wrapping businesses here in the US, but received very little response. I tried reaching out to both several times over the course of about a month, but with very little response or interest. After some on-line searching, I came across Ledermanz (through eBay). He had many positive reviews and some great pictures of his work. The cost was significantly less than the US quotes, so I took the chance and sent an OEM wheel that I bought on line. Turn-around time was about one month from the time I shipped my wheel.

Ledermanz offers color choices, combinations of leather, perforated leather, and alcantera. Also choice of stripe color if desired, choice of color of stitching and added thickness to the wheel.

I am quite pleased with this wheel.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:30 PM
tsteph12
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Out with the old and in with the new. FVD Brombacher muffler system installed (Street-Sport PDK). Have owned less than two years and put under 1K miles since then, but gosh those air filters looked like they hadn't been replaced for a long while. Oil changed as well.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:05 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

YESTERDAY, I changed the oil and the oil filter. 8 quarts of Mobil 1 0W40--factory fill stuff. And today I drove it a few miles and turned 112,600 miles. A very reliable car.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:37 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
Did a steering wheel install and swap. New alcantara wheel went onto the 911.. 911s old sport design wheel went onto the Cayman.
Originally Posted by tsteph12

Out with the old and in with the new. FVD Brombacher muffler system installed (Street-Sport PDK). Have owned less than two years and put under 1K miles since then, but gosh those air filters looked like they hadn't been replaced for a long while. Oil changed as well.

How do you like the FVD Brombacher muffler ? Is your car a 997.2 ?
Old 08-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Uda880
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Haven't seen this on here (recently), feel like you lot would be all over stuff like this... Added a few small nets + a BMW logoed oil bag (please excuse, had it laying around) to clean up a lot of the clutter of cleaning and emergency use material in the frunk.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:42 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Dymag

Steering Wheel for approval before it left Ledermanz

This is wheel mounted on my car

Thanks, I used a place in Latvia by the name of Ledermanz - yes Latvia. I tried contacting both of the main wheel wrapping businesses here in the US, but received very little response. I tried reaching out to both several times over the course of about a month, but with very little response or interest. After some on-line searching, I came across Ledermanz (through eBay). He had many positive reviews and some great pictures of his work. The cost was significantly less than the US quotes, so I took the chance and sent an OEM wheel that I bought on line. Turn-around time was about one month from the time I shipped my wheel.

Ledermanz offers color choices, combinations of leather, perforated leather, and alcantera. Also choice of stripe color if desired, choice of color of stitching and added thickness to the wheel.

I am quite pleased with this wheel.
Latvia. Wow. Workmanship looks impressive. Better than the Dallas wheel I referred to actually. And a month's worth of turnaround time for a wheel to Europe and back is equally impressive. That's what DCT allows for their builds and they're in California. And you say Ledermanz's prices are lower than their US competitors who wouldn't even respond to your inquiries? I think I know where I'm buying my next custom wheel. Thanks for the reference! Just curious. Why is the metal portion of the wheel black in the picture taken just before shipping it back to you but looks silver in the picture after you mounted it?
Old 08-16-2018, 08:56 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by tsteph12

Not trying to start another oil thread, but I've been reading for quite sometime regarding proper oil for performance cars, but haven't seen anything like the debate here in the Porsche world. Question, how would the Liqui Moly compare to Porsche certified oils like the Mobil 1 OW40?
Old 08-16-2018, 11:27 AM
tsteph12
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
How do you like the FVD Brombacher muffler ? Is your car a 997.2 ?
Yes, it's a 2009 C2S, cream white, manual transmission. The FVD Street-Sport PDK muffler system is wonderful so far and just installed a couple days ago. I posted another thread on this forum with some brief impressions.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Dymag
Rennlist Member

Default Steering Wheel wrap

Latvia. Wow. Workmanship looks impressive. Better than the Dallas wheel I referred to actually. And a month's worth of turnaround time for a wheel to Europe and back is equally impressive. That's what DCT allows for their builds and they're in California. And you say Ledermanz's prices are lower than their US competitors who wouldn't even respond to your inquiries? I think I know where I'm buying my next custom wheel. Thanks for the reference! Just curious. Why is the metal portion of the wheel black in the picture taken just before shipping it back to you but looks silver in the picture after you mounted it?
The workmanship is excellent; I do not think that I could have asked for more.

My car is a 2010 and came with the grey/silver center piece surrounding the airbag. The used wheel that I purchased for the project was off a 2011; those come standard with the black center-piece. I shipped the purchased wheel to Ledermanz, still having the black centerpiece. When I received the wheel back, and had it mounted, I had the shop switch the centerpiece to the stock 2010 grey/silver piece. I still have the original wheel and black center piece; may try black on my car at some point for a change.

How do you like your Centerline wheels ? How is the concavity of the rears ? I am still searching for that "perfect wheel" for my car, and have considered Centerline - yours look great .
Old 08-17-2018, 02:56 AM
XAudiguy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slight interior upgrade

Been a labor of love with GMG bases and sliders, had to fab brackets as these seats have an odd footprint ....
Old 08-17-2018, 03:34 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

The workmanship is excellent; I do not think that I could have asked for more.

My car is a 2010 and came with the grey/silver center piece surrounding the airbag. The used wheel that I purchased for the project was off a 2011; those come standard with the black center-piece. I shipped the purchased wheel to Ledermanz, still having the black centerpiece. When I received the wheel back, and had it mounted, I had the shop switch the centerpiece to the stock 2010 grey/silver piece. I still have the original wheel and black center piece; may try black on my car at some point for a change.

How do you like your Centerline wheels ? How is the concavity of the rears ? I am still searching for that "perfect wheel" for my car, and have considered Centerline - yours look great .
Understood about the color of the steering wheel. As for the "wheel wheels", my current ones are Forgelines. Not sure where the "Centerline" comes from. Either way, the Forgelines are my favorite after market wheels so far. Very, very light, super strong and in my opinion, unsurpassed overall build and finish quality. Next on my list would be Champion and HRE which I have owned too. I'm sure most would argue that BBS and some other brands belong on the same list but I've never had a set of any of them on any of my cars so can't speak for them. Just spend the money and get forged wheels though whenever you get ready and whichever brand you choose. I just can't see mounting cheap cast wheels made in China on these cars. Some do and I'm sure it works. I just wouldn't feel right about it though. Personal opinion and judgement so not a matter of discussion.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Dymag
Rennlist Member

Default Forgeline

Understood about the color of the steering wheel. As for the "wheel wheels", my current ones are Forgelines. Not sure where the "Centerline" comes from. Either way, the Forgelines are my favorite after market wheels so far. Very, very light, super strong and in my opinion, unsurpassed overall build and finish quality. Next on my list would be Champion and HRE which I have owned too. I'm sure most would argue that BBS and some other brands belong on the same list but I've never had a set of any of them on any of my cars so can't speak for them. Just spend the money and get forged wheels though whenever you get ready and whichever brand you choose. I just can't see mounting cheap cast wheels made in China on these cars. Some do and I'm sure it works. I just wouldn't feel right about it though. Personal opinion and judgement so not a matter of discussion.
Sorry, I did mean Forgeline. The wheels look great. I am considering Forgeline, HRE, and have just started looking at Brixton. I agree with you; am seeking high quality Forged wheels, but am having a little difficulty find a wheel that I love offered in the finish that I want. I'll find the right set soon.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Pseftis
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front end, sideview mirrors and roof Suntec PPF being done on the new paint.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:13 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Sorry, I did mean Forgeline. The wheels look great. I am considering Forgeline, HRE, and have just started looking at Brixton. I agree with you; am seeking high quality Forged wheels, but am having a little difficulty find a wheel that I love offered in the finish that I want. I'll find the right set soon.
Forgeline, BBS, and HRE are all in the top tier of quality. Forgeline & HRE have a slight upper hand overall because their wheels are custom built and so more models, fitments, and colors are offered.

What is the finish that you are having difficulty finding?

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?