Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 374 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
Leather Center Console installed!

I had ordered this from Suncoast months ago - knew it would take a while to get here. I wish I had done it when I had it apart the first time years ago for the e-brake, shift ****, and leather shift trim. I should have and it would have saved me not only time but also $$$ - this part has gone up a lot!!! in the past 5 years. Still worth it now that I sit down and don't see that horrible soft paint which has to one of the worst things about these cars. Had I known what junk that was going to be, I'd have ordered the entire thing in leather in the first place - live and learn.
Biggest regret is that I didn't get full leather. Found a wrecked local vehicle and got everything but the dash and glovebox for next to nothing. For me it was the stereo surround that made the big difference, but I would love to have a center console.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:46 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 568 Likes on 338 Posts

that looks amazing - love the lower leather console.

Originally Posted by stevepow
Leather Center Console installed!

I had ordered this from Suncoast months ago - knew it would take a while to get here. I wish I had done it when I had it apart the first time years ago for the e-brake, shift ****, and leather shift trim. I should have and it would have saved me not only time but also $$$ - this part has gone up a lot!!! in the past 5 years. Still worth it now that I sit down and don't see that horrible soft paint which has to one of the worst things about these cars. Had I known what junk that was going to be, I'd have ordered the entire thing in leather in the first place - live and learn.

Full DIY wrtie-up and detailed install photos coming soon...

Old 03-22-2016, 06:25 AM
tymez
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheely good clean

Took all 4 wheels off and gave under the arches a good scrub. Cleaned the inside of the lobster forks and got rid of little specs of tar. Usually do this every 5,000kms. Amazing how clean inner rims add to the overall look of the car.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:41 AM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 27 Posts

Didn't do anything "TO" my car other than just drive it today, but I did drive by the construction site for my car's new "winter home" to check progress. We're buying a garage condo unit, where we'll store off season cars and wheel-sets, work on our cars, and also hopefully hang out with other car nuts. I took a couple of pictures today. They have poured all the concrete slabs and are in the process of tilting up the concrete walls. Pretty cool to watch!

About half the walls have been tilted up on the middle building, where our condo unit is located.

Took a panorama standing about 20' away from the middle of our building. Walls are in place for about half the middle and half the outer C-shaped building.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:47 AM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's a rendering of the garage condo. I just realized the photos I just posted above might not make a lot of sense without seeing the rendering!

Old 03-23-2016, 09:37 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

^ Very cool!
T
Old 03-23-2016, 11:53 AM
HolmaN
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the "orange cap" mod onto my 997.1 carrera.
It doesn't look good with the harness hanging there, but I haven't found a good solution for it yet. I'm using the original harness with an aftermarket rear wing, and due to that I've got ****loads of cables in the for rear wing motot etc. But very pleased with the cap!
Did the mod on my 996, but forgot how much of a diffrence it makes. So happy today! Fits perfect with my fister mod.

With regards, Jonathan.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:06 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

this is awesome.

Originally Posted by Q 997.2 C4S
Here's a rendering of the garage condo. I just realized the photos I just posted above might not make a lot of sense without seeing the rendering!

Old 03-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Rafael7
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I painted the headlight rounds a matte black on my 997, purchased the wrap and when that didn't go so well I decided to remove it used pinstripe get pin striping tape and perfectly lined all the way around the ocular headlight. Then I decided to use matte black plastidip so that in the future I could remove it if possible (this came out amazing in my opinion) and cost me only $7 to do, compared to the $280 I previously considered spending on the carbon fiber eyelid covers. I can post pics later if anyone is interested.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:46 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

color change + re-machine-ing complete
Attached Images  

Last edited by myw; 03-23-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Jaskfri
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I had an independent shop swap my shifter for the GT3 shifter and it's excellent.
The spring loading is perfect and it feels like a gated shifter.
I also had them swap to clear side lights and it looks great.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:13 PM
throwinbombs.com
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rafael7
Today I painted the headlight rounds a matte black on my 997, purchased the wrap and when that didn't go so well I decided to remove it used pinstripe get pin striping tape and perfectly lined all the way around the ocular headlight. Then I decided to use matte black plastidip so that in the future I could remove it if possible (this came out amazing in my opinion) and cost me only $7 to do, compared to the $280 I previously considered spending on the carbon fiber eyelid covers. I can post pics later if anyone is interested.
Hi Rafael7,

I'd love to see a picture. I am a plasti dipper myself.

Could you PM the pics or share here if anyone else is interested.

I wanted to do this too but I wasn't sure how to peel the tape off after.
I figured the dip would come up with the tape.

Thanks my man,
Andy
Old 03-23-2016, 08:54 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Disabled the clutch switch on my 2006 997.1 Not the clutch must be engaged to start switch but the assembly that look like that above the brake pedal but it had a red, rear housing. I removed it (turn 90 degress CCW, I think it was), tape down the plunger and set it aside. Apparently this switch retards the timing for some brief period when the clutch is depressed.

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark this thread on this but do a search and you'll find it.

Freaking fantastic change. Not more putt-putt-putt pulling away from a stop and much easier to rev match.

Had a few close-to-stalls pulling away at first but quickly adjusted. Wish I would have done it sooner.

Now debating removing the clutch spring assist.
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...matically.html
Old 03-23-2016, 09:41 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by throwinbombs.com
Hi Rafael7,

I'd love to see a picture. I am a plasti dipper myself.

Could you PM the pics or share here if anyone else is interested.

I wanted to do this too but I wasn't sure how to peel the tape off after.
I figured the dip would come up with the tape.

Thanks my man,
Andy
id love to see photos too, in case i pick up a pair of these.... and want to cover the headlight surround portion in a different color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361496985475?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
btw nice rear badging job throwinbombs. looks completely oem.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:35 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
Disabled the clutch switch on my 2006 997.1 Not the clutch must be engaged to start switch but the assembly that look like that above the brake pedal but it had a red, rear housing. I removed it (turn 90 degress CCW, I think it was), tape down the plunger and set it aside. Apparently this switch retards the timing for some brief period when the clutch is depressed.

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark this thread on this but do a search and you'll find it.

Freaking fantastic change. Not more putt-putt-putt pulling away from a stop and much easier to rev match.

Had a few close-to-stalls pulling away at first but quickly adjusted. Wish I would have done it sooner.

Now debating removing the clutch spring assist.
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...matically.html
WHAT IS THIS...? a new one on me, and i have been looking for some way to smooth out initial start from stop...sometimes its like its my first time in a manual car, what would i search for, clutch switch? wow, need to know...more, bitte,

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?