Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 12:08 AM
JazzDrew
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do enjoy my music. I have a Porsche trickle charger running as I type. Hope the mice stay out of the Capsule!
Old 12-12-2015, 12:33 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by JazzDrew
Put her to sleep for the winter in her new inflatable Car Capsule. Already counting the days until spring!
Good idea. Is that rodent proof? I guess, if not, you'll know quickly. Put all kinds pf mice repellent inside, moth *****, and such.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:40 AM
JazzDrew
7th Gear

Good idea to add repellent to the capsule. The zipper is pretty solid and the company claims it is rodent proof, but better to be safe. I'll report when she comes out of hibernation!
Old 12-12-2015, 03:08 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by JazzDrew
Good idea to add repellent to the capsule. The zipper is pretty solid and the company claims it is rodent proof, but better to be safe. I'll report when she comes out of hibernation!
I would watch it for pressure leaks, which should be easy to do.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:40 PM
ric-ko
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NEVER thought this would work-- climarepair

Hi Guys-- I bought the stickers for the temp control toggles a couple months ago-- mine had started to flake off like so many of ours-- and applied them today.

I am shocked that it works. In all the pictures I've seen it looks a little sketchy-- you can see the sticker-- but in real life it looks pretty great!

Check out: http://www.climarepair.com/

Surprisingly low-tech, low-cost way of fixing those horrible peeling temp control buttons. I'll repost if it doesn't hold up, but I am totally surprised by how good it looks.

Ric
Old 12-12-2015, 07:18 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 374 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by ric-ko
Hi Guys-- I bought the stickers for the temp control toggles a couple months ago-- mine had started to flake off like so many of ours-- and applied them today.

I am shocked that it works. In all the pictures I've seen it looks a little sketchy-- you can see the sticker-- but in real life it looks pretty great!

Surprisingly low-tech, low-cost way of fixing those horrible peeling temp control buttons. I'll repost if it doesn't hold up, but I am totally surprised by how good it looks.

Ric
Pics? Seen them online too and it seems very apparent it's a sticker.

I bought a whole new set from an online car dismantler. $150 shipped. It is the newer style that is black plastic without the peeling paint. Takes 30 min to swap if you swap the face, 5 min if you just swap the whole thing but you have to recode the car for it from my reading
Old 12-13-2015, 12:01 AM
Rikky001
Racer

Fitted new brake rotors and pads in the front this morning. Had a good drive to burn-in the pads. Luckily enough as the weather is extra ordinary warm for the time of the year. (15 degrees C)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:08 AM
SilverC2S
Intermediate

Default Fixed my gummy HVAC buttons

Thanks to all the information on this forum, I was able to successfully fix my gummy HVAC buttons. Other than these buttons, my interior looks like new. Every time someone would get in my car, they would comment on the buttons and ask what happened to them. I got tired of explaining that the early 997's are plagued with this problem. It was relatively easy to do and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I took some pics that documented my progress. Cheers!

Watched a youtube video on how to remove the PCM unit from a 997

It was a little tedious, but i was able to get the buttons out using tweezers and pick tools. This was probably the hardest part.

This is what my buttons looked like. Pretty nasty!

I used Mineral Spirits to get the factory finish off.

I used PlastiDip to cover the buttons.

Once dried, it was easy to pop the buttons back in.

Finished product.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:45 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Partook in a local toy run, then grubbed down on the best gas station tacos in Texas, then got home in time to clean it before the rain came...T
Old 12-13-2015, 01:41 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Putting it through the works of driving over blewett and snoqualmie. Hopefully no snow/ice, but have sottozero tires on. Nice 2 hour drive through the mountains and scenic eastern Washington until the gridlock of the Seattle area hits.

Then tomorrow will wash and detail it. Ordered some chemical guys stuff that got delivered yesterday. Ordered some touch up paint due to a golf ball size stone (maybe it was a golf ball) that left a nice scratch on the hood.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:04 PM
ric-ko
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default clima repair

Originally Posted by ric-ko

Ric

OK-- here is a couple pictures. The first is how it looks as you are driving. Like it is totally fixed.

When you look close--- and you really won't, you can see the sticker-- but it still is a HUGE improvement.

Last edited by ric-ko; 12-13-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:35 PM
flying_solo
AutoX

Originally Posted by Kellen
Putting it through the works of driving over blewett and snoqualmie. Hopefully no snow/ice, but have sottozero tires on. Nice 2 hour drive through the mountains and scenic eastern Washington until the gridlock of the Seattle area hits. Then tomorrow will wash and detail it. Ordered some chemical guys stuff that got delivered yesterday. Ordered some touch up paint due to a golf ball size stone (maybe it was a golf ball) that left a nice scratch on the hood.
We moved our dr datacenter to Quincy two years ago. I stayed in Wenatchee for a good 2 mo during the project and know of where you speak. I think I have pics of my rental parked next to the snow pack that was a good 15' deep. It's beautiful country over there and I bet you have some fun roads to carve.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:20 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by flying_solo
We moved our dr datacenter to Quincy two years ago. I stayed in Wenatchee for a good 2 mo during the project and know of where you speak. I think I have pics of my rental parked next to the snow pack that was a good 15' deep. It's beautiful country over there and I bet you have some fun roads to carve.
Definitely. But forecast shows snow, slush and ice. Will take it easy. Luckily if we break down girlfriend has a dozen or so bottle of wines in the frunk.....
Old 12-13-2015, 08:42 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

A quick wash before tonight's predicted SoCal deluge... Then out comes the 4Runner.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:25 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by andy92782
A quick wash before tonight's predicted SoCal deluge... Then out comes the 4Runner.

Very nice...T

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?