Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:27 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 601 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
****! I thought your car looked clean from the original pics. Looks like new. What's that blue called? Thanks for the comment about my car. I never take it for granted. I love it. Feel really lucky, but I promise you my paint is nowhere near as nice as yours. Swirl marks everywhere.
Mine is cobalt blue , replaced with aqua blue in 09 (which is a nicer blue imo since the purple hue has been removed).

Your swirl marks should be a simple fix. I would give it a wax first to just see if that hides the swirls at all.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Chowbow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
Car looks great!! Love the stance What a great bonus!! (Sharkwerks)
Originally Posted by myw
gorgeous. congrats.
Thanks guys. Hope I got the mods over with and I can just drive it and enjoy it for a while. Resisting the urge to change wheels, short shifter, center radiator, etc. etc.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 601 Likes on 357 Posts

oh i hear you. don't think you'd need a centre rad , but the short shifter you will LOVE.

once wheels+techart rear tips i am done. twas fun but had enough and just want to enjoy.

Originally Posted by Chowbow
Thanks guys. Hope I got the mods over with and I can just drive it and enjoy it for a while. Resisting the urge to change wheels, short shifter, center radiator, etc. etc.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:36 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 391 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by throwinbombs.com
Hi Kellen,

LOL Lvt19672! No bass tubes, that'd be too cool for me.

I made those tubes that custom fit right below the rear window for all my crap
like all my car manuals, service reports, etc. Tube for all my golf gear and
one with all my tyre repair tools, etc.

Space is TIGHT and valuable!
Thats what I thought with the labels. Good idea.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:52 AM
Chowbow
Advanced

Originally Posted by myw
oh i hear you. don't think you'd need a centre rad , but the short shifter you will LOVE.

once wheels+techart rear tips i am done. twas fun but had enough and just want to enjoy.
The center rad would be nice to have on the track. I have a dedicated track car but I don't think I can resist the urge to take this out a few times a year. The SS might be in the cards then, along with the cables. It just doesn't feel that great right now... Coming from the BMW with the shifter connected directly to the transmission, there's a lot to be had from the Porsche shifter.

Oh yeah, I kinda wanna do the tips too but they just get so dirty from the 9A1, I'm not sure they'd ever stay shiny.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Terrytwn
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Added Stickers

Finally decided to add the "Carrera" script to the back of the Ducktail'd 997.2. I still think it is a little bit too big but its hard to tell in the picture. I will take it out in the morning to take some newer photos. But what do you guys think so far?

Also added our Porsche Club Taiwan stickers onto the windows (but only showing the unofficial one at the moment).

Cheers!

*added a before Carrera script picture for reference.
Attached Images    
Old 10-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrytwn
Finally decided to add the "Carrera" script to the back of the Ducktail'd 997.2. I still think it is a little bit too big but its hard to tell in the picture. I will take it out in the morning to take some newer photos. But what do you guys think so far?

Also added our Porsche Club Taiwan stickers onto the windows (but only showing the unofficial one at the moment).

Cheers!

Looking good, as always! I've admired your car for some time now, even from back when I just had a silver car, and had no idea I'd have a Carrara White one, one day. Btw, I spend a lot of time in Taipei. I absolutely love that city. I'm an American, from California, but I work and have lived in Shanghai for most of the last decade. When life gets too crazy in China, as it often does, I head over to calm, beautiful and sophisticated Taiwan and chill out. I'm surprised I haven't seen your car outside one of the many swank whisky bars or cafes in Da An district. It seems like it would be its natural environment, haha. Btw, PM me if you want to discuss maybe using a 2.7RS inspired decal on the duck tail. I think the modern "Carrera" decal works, but it also kind of sits at odds a little bit with the vintage "PORSCHE" beneath it. FWIW, I like it without the new decal, as in the last photo. Lastly, please post more shots of your very cool car! Thanks.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Berosucci
Advanced

Mine is waiting in the rain for me to get off of work.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:27 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kellen
Why the tune2air? Doesn't the Dension have Bluetooth?
The older model Dension didn't have it.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chowbow
I resisted for a while. Then I caved.

LED interior
Illuminated door sills
Numeric racing SS kit
EVOMS intake
IDP Plenum
GT3 front and rear sways
LCA's, drop links, mono-*****
Muffler bypass pipes

Just waiting in my coil-over's.

It's never going to end.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Chowbow
Advanced

Originally Posted by Blue Chip
I resisted for a while. Then I caved.

LED interior
Illuminated door sills
Numeric racing SS kit
EVOMS intake
IDP Plenum
GT3 front and rear sways
LCA's, drop links, mono-*****
Muffler bypass pipes

Just waiting in my coil-over's.

It's never going to end.
I know how it goes... This is now my DD though so I hope not to go overboard. I would like to change out the whole interior carpet to black from terracotta, so I would have the deviated carpet look instead of all terracotta on the bottom half of the car. And the performance mods... I'm going to stop thinking about it. My track car is much cheaper to mod and run.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

Gave the interior a good clean and rubbed some Zaino Z10 into the leather ...............smells good
Old 10-03-2015, 01:14 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 391 Likes on 255 Posts

Bought the Porsche roof rack and some RockyMounts bike racks for it. Perfect for winter and summer sports. Also installing a multifunction steering wheel when it gets here later today.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Greg2010
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 58 Posts

Removed performance sport exhaust tips. Cleaned and ready to be sent out for ceramic coating. Will take some pics once I receive them back and get them reinstalled.
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrytwn

Cheers!

I really do like the duck tail ,,,,do you have any side profile photo,s to share .............

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?