What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:34 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by thoth105
I found out what 30 degrees of yaw is.
You turned "please save me" off didn't you?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:18 AM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed illuminated door sills!!
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2015, 01:21 AM
thoth105
Track Day

Originally Posted by mattyf
Nope. That's when it comes on (so said my salesman) - and it was epic. I was trying to see how far I could get the tail out on back road. It's "Omg when" far. I'm having so much fun. Way farther than my Proceed v5 N54 335i.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,191 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyf
Love that version of PSM!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:09 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
I installed illuminated door sills!!
Those look really good. Ordered mine a couple of days ago ... With a blue S to go with my blue car.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:26 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Recently took the girlfriend on a tour of California, from home along coastal SoCal up to Yountville and Calistoga, and back down, stopping in many beautiful places along the way. Had a blast. 997.2 C2S in GT Silver and black. 19" BBS LM-Rs. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:22 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SJP3003
Looks like you need to put a P decal on the computer running Strava... that'll fix it!
Haha...that computer would be an iP6 and we all know that Apple products (hardware & software) are perfect OOTB and with each and every iOS update, right?! (Tongue firmly in cheek!)

Hey Wayne, I think I now know what to do with those small stickers that you have!

Originally Posted by Comanche_699
David, I'm positive your ability to brake much later with the +40(hp) stickers contributed heavily to your 3 minute improvement. Imagine shaving 3 minutes off your times at Laguna? Those stickers are amazing.
Not only brake later but man, the torque they provided with the uphill sections!

Perhaps Wayne will share where he purchased them because the stickers truly are works of art...

In other news I had planned to wash the ol' gray frog today, (the entire body is coated in dirt to the point it feels like a dry tongue) but it's so foggy it actually appears to be raining... Guess I'll just park it near some naked hippies up at Harbin Hot Springs instead...
The "dry tongue" comment is so funny and descriptive: the frog was dirty when we got together weeks ago...sunny here today if you want to make her purdy again...

Meanwhile my new Eibach swaybars sit patiently in their box, waiting in the guest room.
Looking forward to you getting this done!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:43 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Those look really good. Ordered mine a couple of days ago ... With a blue S to go with my blue car.

That should look great!! I will wait for your post.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
Recently took the girlfriend on a tour of California, from home along coastal SoCal up to Yountville and Calistoga, and back down, stopping in many beautiful places along the way. Had a blast. 997.2 C2S in GT Silver and black. 19" BBS LM-Rs. Thanks.
That's a beautiful party of the world, and a great car to to do it in. Love the wheels...T
Old 02-22-2015, 01:58 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mander
Drove it through four inches of fresh snow with more on the way. Both of us had a real good time.

Even better driving home with total accumulation of 7 inches. Just love a C4S in the snow!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by david

Haha...that computer would be an iP6 and we all know that Apple products (hardware & software) are perfect OOTB and with each and every iOS update, right?! (Tongue firmly in cheek!)

Hey Wayne, I think I now know what to do with those small stickers that you have!

Not only brake later but man, the torque they provided with the uphill sections!

Perhaps Wayne will share where he purchased them because the stickers truly are works of art...

The "dry tongue" comment is so funny and descriptive: the frog was dirty when we got together weeks ago...sunny here today if you want to make her purdy again...

Looking forward to you getting this done!
Credit where credit is due. The decals are on account of SoCal C2S. I first saw them on his car. He was kind enough to share that he got them in a small shop next to the Porsche museum and was kinder yet to offer to pick some up for me on his next visit. Then a month later he sent me information on where I could order them (Athens, Greece). I will assume that sharing that site is OK, but must hold off doing so until I get home.

And Dan ... Wash the frog!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
That's a beautiful party of the world, and a great car to to do it in. Love the wheels...T
Thanks! Yeah, it was so much fun driving all up and down Napa Valley. The smells and sounds were truly intoxicating. 911 country, for sure. ;-)
Old 02-22-2015, 07:31 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Napa and Sonoma and PCH are great in a rental, so they'd have to be awesome in a 911. Definitely, a bucket list item to do that neck of the woods in my 911...T
Old 02-22-2015, 09:17 PM
gsdpic
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Cleaned the exhaust tips using suggestions from this thread, minus the steel wool, as I did not find that in wally world: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ng-method.html

And from the dirty bumper, you can tell I drove the car today despite light rain showers. Was so pleased with the results that I did the same for my daily driver Mazda.

Name:  tips.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  64.4 KB
Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 PM
throwinbombs.com
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mander
Even better driving home with total accumulation of 7 inches. Just love a C4S in the snow!
mander, are you serious? 7" of snow?!

When it is that deep what happens at a stop sign or stop light? Is there a pile of ploughed snow in front of you
And does it just hit the underbody protector?

I tried 4-5" of snow and I thought that was the limit?

Let me know if you have time to respond.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?