Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,441 Likes on 834 Posts

this is a dangerous situation.

Lets say some guy takes the car, then stops sending the checks and disappears

Although you may have filled out a contract with the guy, you're still the one on the hook with porsche, and your credit might still take a beating.

be very careful about this.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I meant your statement "I am holding on to her like Michael Jackson to a 12yr. old boy."

OH...

Although my baby is a she...and she loves when I rub those sensual curves in the rear area...
Old 04-11-2009, 01:32 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Move on

Buddy, ace the car, drive it spirited for its last journey to the dealer to pass in the keys and move on. Enroll in some realtionship counsiling at 75$/hr and the time you spent detailing and driving your car get a part time job so your condo isn't the next to go.

Dig yourself out of this mess you helped to create (gotta trake ownership) and yes loose the battle for the time being...... Re-group, work even harder (I am sure you work hard) then come back in a few years; 2, 3 or maybe it is 5 posting pics of your new 911 Turbo......and win the WAR!

Its a car, no one has cancer, no one has been in a life threatening accident or other....your not moving to tent city cause your being evicted. Thanks god its not that bad....Chaulk it up as a learning experience..... talk to some smart financial people abd figure the best way to move on from this and devise a nice solid 1,2 and 3 year plan to come back in a better place.

Do it with pride, head up, work through the issues and you'll be more prepared to deal with true "bad situations" later in life....this sucks and again I am sorry but worse things could be happening and are happening on this crazy planet of ours...

Best of luck and hope things work out for you....

Insane we are page on 8 here of replies.....
Old 04-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
this is a dangerous situation.

Lets say some guy takes the car, then stops sending the checks and disappears

Although you may have filled out a contract with the guy, you're still the one on the hook with porsche, and your credit might still take a beating.

be very careful about this.
In case, he would report it stolen, and it would be a matter for the police and the insurance company.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Deanski:

Sorry to read about your situation, and I haven't read all of the previous posts.

My wife and I went through this in the early eighties, when interest rates skyrocketed, and the Canadian government of the day passed legislation that killed our energy industry, overnight.

It resulted in a huge lifestyle change, as we sold off toys and downscaled our lifestyle. But eventually the skies cleared, and we ended up in better circumstances than before. The experience also gave us an improved perspective of our ongoing financial circumstances.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Rinty; 04-13-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,441 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper
In case, he would report it stolen, and it would be a matter for the police and the insurance company.
might be a touch tricky to explain why the guy has the keys, documentation, insurance for the car, etc.

Its just not a good idea without an official transfer.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:43 PM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Buddy, ace the car, drive it spirited for its last journey to the dealer to pass in the keys and move on. Enroll in some realtionship counsiling at 75$/hr and the time you spent detailing and driving your car get a part time job so your condo isn't the next to go.

Dig yourself out of this mess you helped to create (gotta trake ownership) and yes loose the battle for the time being...... Re-group, work even harder (I am sure you work hard) then come back in a few years; 2, 3 or maybe it is 5 posting pics of your new 911 Turbo......and win the WAR!

Its a car, no one has cancer, no one has been in a life threatening accident or other....your not moving to tent city cause your being evicted. Thanks god its not that bad....Chaulk it up as a learning experience..... talk to some smart financial people abd figure the best way to move on from this and devise a nice solid 1,2 and 3 year plan to come back in a better place.

Do it with pride, head up, work through the issues and you'll be more prepared to deal with true "bad situations" later in life....this sucks and again I am sorry but worse things could be happening and are happening on this crazy planet of ours...

I didn't take the OP's post to be advocating keeping the Porsche, while risking his relationship with his spouse or losing his home. The problem is just giving the car back to Porsche doesn't necessarily make economic sense, because PFS will rake him over the coals. If he can find someone to take over the lease payments, that would make the most economic sense.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples
I didn't take the OP's post to be advocating keeping the Porsche, while risking his relationship with his spouse or losing his home. The problem is just giving the car back to Porsche doesn't necessarily make economic sense, because PFS will rake him over the coals. If he can find someone to take over the lease payments, that would make the most economic sense.
Yeah... it would be a great deal for that someone. $715 a month is ludicrous for this car. Problem is the logistics of of it all, since it would have to be off the books.

I keep feeling tempted to try to work something out, since I have the resources. But I remind myself that I am in California, and the complications involved would be overwhelming.

Surely there is *someone* closer to home who can help this guy out?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:17 AM
boolala
Race Car

Just for the record it's not $715 a month. It is 715 + 2000/12 = $881, still a good buy IMO.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boolala
Just for the record it's not $715 a month. It is 715 + 2000/12 = $881, still a good buy IMO.
Ah, yes, I didn't read the whole thread. Still, 2000 down and 715 a month is something I'd snap up in a second if I thought it could be worked. Don't see how, with him in CT and me in CA, though.

Surely someone on that coast still has a job and a love of Porsches?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Tinluver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a car, no one has cancer, no one has been in a life threatening accident or other....your not moving to tent city cause your being evicted. Thanks god its not that bad....Chaulk it up as a learning experience..... talk to some smart financial people abd figure the best way to move on from this and devise a nice solid 1,2 and 3 year plan to come back in a better place

+1
Old 04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinluver
+1
+2
Old 04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
I

Again, you do not have to get credit approval.

You simply hand PFS a check for the amount due to bring the account current. And then pay PFS 715mo for the payment. Plus car insurance. Jim must pay car insurance as well, but just keep Fire and Theft on it, as part of his contractual agreement.

That's it. No smoke or mirrors.

I think there may be an insurance issue for the person taking over the payments. Usually in the fine print of a car lease, only the Lessee and Lessee's spouse are allowed to drive the car.

In your example above, the person taking over the payments is not officially the Lessee.

This could cause a problem if the person taking over the payments gets into an accident or the car is stolen.

There is also usually something in the fine print about moving the car out of state without permission of the leasing company.

I've taken over someone elses lease before. it's best for the new person to officially be on the lease.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:29 AM
cy7878
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we are talking money and leases, how much did yoiu have to put down initially to get the payment to be $715 with a $60k residual on a $125k car?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb Too bad there is no government bail out for this guy...

just a thought.
abe

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche