Sponsored by:

Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing my Porsche

Well, time is or has been running out for me to keep my dream.

I will be turning over my C2S back to the dealer or Porsche Financial due to this tuff economic time.

For all of my life I dreamed of the day I could not only own one, but spec one new and design it the way I wanted it.

With my wife out of work and all other options tapped, I have no choice.

It's a very sad time for me, like loosing your best friend as it was to me at least. It was my escape, my joy and my fun away from other issues.

Even though I put down a heavy capital cost reduction down as I was going to keep the car in the end, I just can't keep trying to balance finance going forward unless things magicly happen with a new influx of cash.

Deanski
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

I am looking for car...what do you have, what is your situation?

John
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

2006 C2S black with Aerokit, PCCB's, Bose, Nav, 6-CD, Sirus via PCM, K-40, AS Seats, Heated, Anti-Glare mirrors, Full leather, yellow seatbelts, PSE, new Bridgestone tires, indoor cover (Porsche), Sport Chrono, Extended Nav, Armorglove film, crest in headrests, colored crest wheel caps, sport shifter, sport steering wheel.

Now at 20K miles, no track, fully maintained by dealer.

Car is leased, residual about close to 50K.

PM me for those interested in a well maintained C2S.

Deanski
Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear that, Deanski.

Hang in there, take care of the homestead, and you'll be back.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Deanski, sorry to hear about this! Is your lease just up or are you giving the car back to them? I did not know you could just take a leased car back to the dealer and walk away.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdrums
Deanski, sorry to hear about this! Is your lease just up or are you giving the car back to them? I did not know you could just take a leased car back to the dealer and walk away.
Nope, not just "walking away" that's for sure! I'll owe on it as I still have another year left. It's basicly a repo surrender at this time, that's how bad it's gotten.

I'm trying to keep my dream, but with wife out of work as well, things are just not working out to continue.

I was going to roll the remaining costs into a refi of the mortgage seeing I have a boat-load of equity, but with current situations, I doubt they'd do it even though I never missed a payment on the mortgage.

Deanski
Old 04-09-2009, 12:07 AM
lig
Racer

Terrible news. Sorry to hear. With a ton of equity in the house a "home improvement" home equity shouldn't be too painful. That car would definitely be worth $50K!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Bottom line is this really sucks and it's killing me thinking about it and going through this.

I stopped by the dealer to notify them of my issue.

Times were sure a whole lot better when I took delivery and the year past, now, it's gotten so damn difficult to hold onto anything as all my investments went into the toilet.

I've always been proud to own this car and it always bring a smile to my face.

Now, it's hard to smile as I look upon what once was my dream of hard work all these long years to soon leave. Just as my '69 L-88 Vette did many many years ago to purchase a house. Life comes full circle.

I do not think I'll ever be able to do this again as I am now in my 50's.

Deanski
Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lig
Terrible news. Sorry to hear. With a ton of equity in the house a "home improvement" home equity shouldn't be too painful. That car would definitely be worth $50K!
Would have been easier prior to this economic mess now. No one is lending unless your credit is steller, which mine is not anymore. Another great thing to happen after having A+ score etc. now in the crapper.

If the wife could at least land another job, maybe things would change, but as it is now, she's depressed as it is due to lack of jobs and any calls at all. It's as if all jobs just dropped off the radar.

I've should have done things differently when it came to the finances, but I didn't and now it's raping me.

Deanski
Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

Deanski, I'm sorry to hear about this!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Deanski
Nope, not just "walking away" that's for sure! I'll owe on it as I still have another year left. It's basicly a repo surrender at this time, that's how bad it's gotten.

I'm trying to keep my dream, but with wife out of work as well, things are just not working out to continue.

I was going to roll the remaining costs into a refi of the mortgage seeing I have a boat-load of equity, but with current situations, I doubt they'd do it even though I never missed a payment on the mortgage.

Deanski
Deanski-

You have a PM. I *might* have an idea.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

I love the calls and comments from other people outside our forum and our Porsche community saying I was living beyond my means etc. I guess they have a crystal ball on the economy and how much it can impact people.

Now, if I can only win Powerball

I only wish the wife understood what it means to me, but I get the same "you're more in love with the car than me", or "you are choosing the car over me or our marrage etc" They just never understand. The only thing that makes me happy when things are bad is that car. I can forget all problems when I'm driving it.

What is also killing me is that I was never late on any payments on any car, now of all the cars I've had, I now have issues is this one. I just never can get a break. Damn I hate this economy.

Time to refill the Woodford Reserve soon! It's gonna be a really crappy week!

Deanski
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Got your PM Jim. Hang in there. There are those savy enough financially on this board who may have an idea for you. Don't ever give up. Nothing, not even the economy can take away your dreams.

Jay
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ23
Got your PM Jim. Hang in there. There are those savy enough financially on this board who may have an idea for you. Don't ever give up. Nothing, not even the economy can take away your dreams.

Jay
Exactly.

Don't underestimate the power of the rennlist gang!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DJ23

Jay
I can only pray at this time for something good to happen out of this.

It's amazing how fast the finances just get depleted once the wife lost her job.

Christ, I'd do anything at this time. Just looking at her now (car not wife) is really depressing after all the times it brings a smile to my face.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche