Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to roll it into the mortgage so at least I can also deduct the interest etc etc, but I was so damn busy and never got to it. It was overwhelming trying to do what I needed to do, so I ran out of time.

By tomorrow at 13:00, the car will be going back. I've already made arrangements to cancel the insurance at that time and canceled my Sirius account for the Cayenne unit installed via PCM.

Why did I take it so hard? Well, it's one of those things I dreamed of, worked hard for and with a large cap cost down to hold it low until I wanted to purchase it since I spec'd it the way I wanted it. If things went bad very early (car wise that is) I would have returned it and ordered a new one.

Now, I do not think I'll be able to do this again, at least for the type of C2S I did unless I run into some real luck in the future. I'm not young anymore so time is not on my side.

Anyway, I do wish to thank all of you who have reached out and tried to assist in all ways possible with advise and with compassion and respect.

It does show what our club motto is " It's not the cars, it's the people" and it rings true!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be Porsche-less It sure is a great car!!

Thanks to all!!!

Deanski
Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Hey Deanski,
As others have said, this is just one of the "downs" in life. Perhaps the best phrase is "**** happens."
I hope your honey gets a new job and that when things level out again that you buy another dream machine. I have no doubt that Porsche will continue to build these fine cars even though they might have VW engines!
Best of luck Pal.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Moderato
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanski
Now, I do not think I'll be able to do this again, at least for the type of C2S I did unless I run into some real luck in the future. I'm not young anymore so time is not on my side.
Expect great things and great things will happen!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not only am I losing my car, I'm losing my home too to foreclosure.

Yeah, **** happens. But I can always start from scratch and rebuild. And I will.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OCBen

Yeah, **** happens. But I can always start from scratch and rebuild. And I will.
Holy crap! What the hell is happening to some of us who were doing well, happy etc, now this? Damn Ben, I didn't realize that the house came into play. I'm sorry to hear this.

That's what I did long ago (start from scratch again) and climb my way up.

I hope that you will get through this sooner than most and come up better in the end.

The "**** Happens" seems to come in three's

Deanski
Old 07-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hey Deanski,
As others have said, this is just one of the "downs" in life. Perhaps the best phrase is "**** happens."
I hope your honey gets a new job and that when things level out again that you buy another dream machine. I have no doubt that Porsche will continue to build these fine cars even though they might have VW engines!
Best of luck Pal.
Thanks big guy!!

yes it sucks, didn't see this comming (current economic issues) and thought I had enough to wait it out, I was wrong. Loosing the car is bad, but loosing a house is one very difficult thing to go through. So far, so good on the house side of things as it's number 1 thing that gets paid no matter what.

This will be the second time I watch as my car goes out the driveway on a flatbed. Previous one was on better terms that's for sure, and at least went to a good "home". My C2S will leave on not so great terms and just ran out the clock. If I had more time to coordinate things, I'd rather have it go to someone that was looking to get into a C2S with the options I had etc, but just could not cut a deal in time and it's a shame.

Time to start on Powerball tickets

Now that I will not have the car, I guess I can now start the drinking/gambling, skirt chasing After all, this was my vise.

Deanski
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about LeaseTrader.com is that an option to save your credit?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pewter82
What about LeaseTrader.com is that an option to save your credit?
Now beyond that point. I was trying to get someone to take it, but did not get a firm reply.

I'll have to deal with the credit hit on a different level.

Never in my life would I thought I'd have to go through this. Always been prompt and on-time, but this economy has everyone going nuts.

Deanski
Old 07-08-2009, 01:32 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this is out of the blue, Ben. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Deanski, sorry to hear about your current issues. As many have said, this might seem bad today, but will pass.

It's important that you understand you did not buy a Porsche, you are renting. Or, as I like to call, being fleeced. By putting the large money down all you did was get a lower rent payment.

My humble advice going forward is that you chalk this experience up as one of life's learning lessons and make your first priority getting out of debt. Once out of debt, money put back for rainy days (losing jobs, uncle Murphy moving in, recessions, etc.), and a solid savings plan for the future (college and retirement). Then issues will be nothing more than a bump in the road. Never buy a new car (until you have $1m liquid in the bank) and NEVER on borrowed money!

In regard to the situation with your wife, won’t even begin to try to discuss and understand on a web board. I will say get your financial affairs in order as the man of your home and you will be surprised how her attitude will change with your acquisition of toys in the future.

If you'd like some help getting started, pm me, and we can take the discussion offline.

Good luck and keep your chin up!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 17 Posts

Some really tough stories out there and I seriously feel for you all. Guys I wish you all the best and just make sure you keep your health... all the other stuff will follow and you guys will make it through I am sure. Take care...
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM
9elf S
Instructor

Originally Posted by boolala
Well this is out of the blue, Ben. Sorry to hear about this.
Yes, very sorry to hear about this.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
I was going to roll it into the mortgage so at least I can also deduct the interest etc etc, but I was so damn busy and never got to it. It was overwhelming trying to do what I needed to do, so I ran out of time.
It has been 3 months since this post started. We just closed on a re-fi - it did take a while to process (banks are backed up like air traffic in a thunderstorm), but it didn't take much of my time - call 'em up, fax over some docs, sign approval, wait wait wait wait wait for the closing attorneys to do the deal - sign and initial a thousand papers - done. It was worth doing - saved a ton of interest, shortened the loan, lowered the payment. There are few silver linings in this economic slump, but getting a better deal on a mortgage is one of them - was one of them - couldn't imagine letting that slip by - way too much money on the table to pass up.

Although, it would have been a bad idea to roll a car into the mortgage. And banks are super nit-picky about lending right now - there'd have to be huge equity in a home - or very solid income to back it up - for them to take on more risk in a home refi.

Maybe your subconscious did you a favor and kept you from doing this.

Bummer, but it is just a car - even if "a spec car to the way" you wanted it, "not something off a lot"; not like my generic "lot" car .

Last edited by stevepow; 07-08-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. Being only a more recent active member on this forum and going back looking at posts for help and information, I noticed you are a huge wealth of information and help to everybody here. Best of luck to you (and your family) and really hope things turn around for you soon.

Joe
Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kdurg
You're putting your family first and your dreams in the back seat for awhile. Don't beat yourself up, it's part of being a man. Your wife and children are proud of you. Make the best of a less than ideal situation and try to be thankful for what you have. Easier said than done for sure..........
Well Said Keith. // Deanski, since you're doing the right thing I am sure you will be back soon with a better car. Wish you the best fellow enthusiast.

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche