Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:44 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H Pylori is completely treatable and the antibiotics cure peptic ulcer disease.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
H Pylori is completely treatable and the antibiotics cure peptic ulcer disease.
Yes, she's on the Prevpac 14 day antibiotics.

Deanski
Old 07-19-2009, 09:24 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

Don't feel alone in losing your 997. There's another guy on the GT3 board who appears to facing similar circumstances. Good luck to you.
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...t-to-bank.html
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
Nope, not just "walking away" that's for sure! I'll owe on it as I still have another year left. It's basicly a repo surrender at this time, that's how bad it's gotten.

I'm trying to keep my dream, but with wife out of work as well, things are just not working out to continue.

I was going to roll the remaining costs into a refi of the mortgage seeing I have a boat-load of equity, but with current situations, I doubt they'd do it even though I never missed a payment on the mortgage.

Deanski

sorry to hear stories like this.

i wonder how many people have "come back" in this so-called recovery.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

For my situation, not yet. Not even close with the economy so screwed up and job market very depressed in the area.

I do hope that sometime in the future, I will be back in a 997 or whatever model comes around next.

It's been difficult and I can only hope things will turn around soon.

Deanski
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 AM
hockeyguy
Instructor

When I've visited your area in Connecticut (I have friends in Darien and Rowayton), I've seen Porsches everywhere. One does wonder though how many people are struggling, and have cut back on their lifestyles, but nonetheless keep their porsche, as it's the LAST thing to go...
Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
When I've visited your area in Connecticut (I have friends in Darien and Rowayton), I've seen Porsches everywhere. One does wonder though how many people are struggling, and have cut back on their lifestyles, but nonetheless keep their porsche, as it's the LAST thing to go...
Those lucky enough to keep current positions are doing well in specific trades whereas others are not. Job market in the area is very tight with most companies receiving over 600+ resumes for some higher level positions.

My wife has yet to land something even with impeccible references and background.

And you are correct, sometimes your Porsche is the last thing you part with. Trust me, it was and if I could have held on to the car I would have seeing I did it to my spec. Things just went from bad to worse in a hurry and to protect other assets, I just had to return it.

Too bad someone from Rennlist didn't get it as I tried with one member but it fell through.

Whomever did get it got one hell of a C2S with all the special items I had done besides factory items. I still have the indoor Porsche cover in the bag, the Tire Cradles and a few other things sitting in the garage just waiting for it's replacement.

Also, in this area, used ones are plenty to be had. As soon as the economy was going south, when I spoke to my dealer, he was getting many requests from people trying to unload their cars. Then and now, you can walk into the dealers that had them and get out with a hell of a car for less money. Those that were smart just sat back and waited, then went and picked-up one of many they could choose from. So now, I do see more, but they are not new except once in awhile you see maybe a Panamera, but not much more.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche