Sponsored by:

Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples
Very sorry to hear of your situation, Deanski. Unfortunately, there aren't very attractive options for terminating a lease early. I tried to do that with an '02 Boxster, and the choice I was given was to essentially give the car back and continue to make payments, even when I was willing to buy a Carrera with cash. The reason being the dealership is separate from Porsche Financial Services, so the dealership's ability to sell another car is irrelevant to the financing company. I wound up keeping the Boxster until the lease expired, and then purchased my Carrera S with cash. I don't think I would ever lease a car again, for the simple reason that you are essentially stuck with the car for the duration of the lease.

While there are a lot of smart people on this board, I don't think anyone can really offer up a sensible solution. I agree with others that you should not risk your home to keep a luxury item, such as your Porsche. The only option I see is finding someone to take over your lease for the remaining year -- as someone noted, there are some websites that may be helpful. Do you have friends or relatives who may be willing to do that?

Well you know there is a buyout at anytime during the lease. I can payoff my 997S right now with PFS. I have ended leases early by selling the car, which should be no issue with most lease companies.

Dave
Old 04-10-2009, 03:52 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?

Come on people, with just $2000 to get the account current, his payment is only $ 715/mo.

1 year left. 10k a year.
That's a stellar lease payment on a C2S. Possibly start a new thread.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
batty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the buyout on the car in question? I already expressed my interest to Deanski in a PM and was under the impression he was unsure what he wanted to do with the car. $715 is a fine month to month on the car, but I wouldn't want to just rent the car for a year. Any info additional info would be helpful, for me and I'm sure for others who might be interested as well. Ultimately, I hope Deanski makes a decision he can comfortably live with and I second the sentiment of many on here, that there is always another great Pcar out there waiting for Deanski when the time is right and the financial stars align.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Moderato
Racer

No. They can't move quick enough.

The problem is that Jim needs action- and FAST.

Come on people, with just $2000 to get the account current, his payment is only $ 715/mo.

1 year left. 10k a year.

NO ONE wants a car of this value for the payment of a E Class?? For ONE year??

And FYI- Porsche Financial does NOT do 'transfers of interest'.

So the car will remain in Jims name, you just make the payments to PFS directly.

NO Brainer!!
With these terms, if you take over the lease and want to purchase the car in 12 months the total sale price will be 60K right?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Deanski,
I'm very sorry to read your news and I'm sorry your wife lost her job.
Things will get good again and there will be another Porsche.
You're welcome to come by and drive mine when you need a fix!
Dave
Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I called PFS but they did NOT call me back. I need to understand the specifics, and Jim is going to email me pictures, and give me what he's got.

Look, if you guys can't see driving a C2S that's got a 115k retail price for one year, with the possibility of *just walking away with it for a steal or with out it*

Then, jeez. I dunno what to tell you. I'm seriously considering going in on it with one of my buddies here, which effectively if we split the payment, and I lease a new MB - literally for the price of an E Class I have two cars.

I could, save more $$ for an *cough omg cough* engagement ring and in a year, get the 997 I want. But at least it would be a blast for a year ON THE CHEAP. Who cares about anything else.

Again, you do not have to get credit approval.

You simply hand PFS a check for the amount due to bring the account current. And then pay PFS 715mo for the payment. Plus car insurance. Jim must pay car insurance as well, but just keep Fire and Theft on it, as part of his contractual agreement.

That's it. No smoke or mirrors.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

That's the price of a Boxster for a lease.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys!!

Don't forget, this also has a K-40 system AND Sirus through PCM as well.

Also, Armorglove film, indoor Porsche techequip cover, custom windshield sun cover and I'll throw in the 4 Tire Cradles to prevent flat spots on the new Bridgestone RE050A's which on the rear are 305's as opposed to 295's.

The lower lip now is a GT3 unpainted flat black one as I found out, you go through these often.

Still waiting to hear from PFS.

As I said, I did put a big cap cost down, therefore low payments.

And yes, PFS will NOT transfer the lease. So it more of a pain in one way.

Deanski
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

I called PFS but they did NOT call me back. I need to understand the specifics, and Jim is going to email me pictures, and give me what he's got.

Look, if you guys can't see driving a C2S that's got a 115k retail price for one year, with the possibility of *just walking away with it for a steal or with out it*

Then, jeez. I dunno what to tell you. I'm seriously considering going in on it with one of my buddies here, which effectively if we split the payment, and I lease a new MB - literally for the price of an E Class I have two cars.

I could, save more $$ for an *cough omg cough* engagement ring and in a year, get the 997 I want. But at least it would be a blast for a year ON THE CHEAP. Who cares about anything else.

Again, you do not have to get credit approval.

You simply hand PFS a check for the amount due to bring the account current. And then pay PFS 715mo for the payment. Plus car insurance. Jim must pay car insurance as well, but just keep Fire and Theft on it, as part of his contractual agreement.

That's it. No smoke or mirrors.
That's crazy.

I'd be seriously tempted if I weren't all the way across the country. $715 a month wouldn't even make a dent.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deanski,
sorry to hear this, but looks like you are in good hands with Likemystoppie?.
i don't know all details about your situation, but want to point out, no matter what, just turning in the car is the absolutely WORST choice.
did u try to swap lease? as Likemystoppie mentioned, your car is a GREAT opputunity for someone to enjoy a great car for a fixed cost, without worrying about new car deprecation. so i have little doubt you will find someone to assume the lease.
good luck
Old 04-10-2009, 09:23 PM
pl
Drifting

or BTW, i was at dealer last week, specing out a paine pdk c2s, monthly is like $1500.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:29 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

Deanski,
Not sure I understand the exact economics but I am looking at getting a Porsche....perhaps we could work something out...
John
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pl
Deanski,
sorry to hear this, but looks like you are in good hands with Likemystoppie?.
i don't know all details about your situation, but want to point out, no matter what, just turning in the car is the absolutely WORST choice.
did u try to swap lease? as Likemystoppie mentioned, your car is a GREAT opputunity for someone to enjoy a great car for a fixed cost, without worrying about new car deprecation. so i have little doubt you will find someone to assume the lease.
good luck
PFS will NOT let the lease be assumed or swapped to anyone.

yes, it's a cheap monthly for a high $$ optioned C2S.

Deanski
Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 PM
pl
Drifting

sorry i missed that, if you have only one year left, maybe you can do a early buy-out ?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

between you and another PFS doesn't control....as long as they get their pound of flesh....thus there should be a way to work things out

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche