Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by c4consult
Man up. You don,t have a reason to cry. I lost my child age 32 a few years ago. You have a shot at making it again. I do not. Never cry over anything that can,t cry back.
100% agree.

I lost my son 10 years ago. He was 11 years old and died in his sleep. The cause of death was never determined. He is survived by his twin sister, who is now 21 years old.

Some day I may get another Porsche, but I'll never again see my son. That thought haunts me ever day.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gota911
100% agree.

I lost my son 10 years ago. He was 11 years old and died in his sleep. The cause of death was never determined. He is survived by his twin sister, who is now 21 years old.

Some day I may get another Porsche, but I'll never again see my son. That thought haunts me ever day.
Wow Tim, don't know what to say. I have 2 boys 5 & 7..I can't imagine what that morning was like the day he passed. I know it was 10 yrs. ago but it must still feel like yesterday. My heart really breaks for his sister. Being a twin myself I couldn't imagine going through life without my twin bro. Best to you man..

Dave
Old 07-16-2009, 04:24 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

gota911, you put it in its proper perspective!

Like you I have lost some family members in the past year that I would give up everything I have, cars, house, savings you name it, to bring them back!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:22 PM
User 4621
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 326 Posts

Hang in there, you are not alone. I had to sell my beloved 993 years ago due to lay offs and start-up funding. It's just a car. I never hesitated because I knew that someday I would have something even better, and I did. You will do the same, there is no doubt.

As others have said, you have already experienced things 99.9% of the population can only dream about. Life is still pretty good if losing your Porsche is your biggest problem.

Last edited by User 4621; 07-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Is it still around ?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
gota911, you put it in its proper perspective!

Like you I have lost some family members in the past year that I would give up everything I have, cars, house, savings you name it, to bring them back!
I have said and thought that exact phrase at LEAST a thousand times!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Wow Tim, don't know what to say. I have 2 boys 5 & 7..I can't imagine what that morning was like the day he passed. I know it was 10 yrs. ago but it must still feel like yesterday. My heart really breaks for his sister. Being a twin myself I couldn't imagine going through life without my twin bro. Best to you man..

Dave
Dave, thanks for the kind wishes.

I am not a twin, so I don't understand the special bond that is between twins. While I don't have first hand knowledge/understanding of that bond, I know all too well that it exists. My two youngest sisters are identical twins and of course my kids were twins.

It breaks my heart to think that my daughter has presumably 60+ years to live without her twin brother.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
Is it still around ?
No, it went back to PFS.

As for the other comments, my car was a healing way of also dealing with loosing my Mother to pancreatic cancer. It was my escape and made me feel at ease with dealing with that and other troubles which all went away once I was in it. Something we all can relate to when once we get out in the car, it just melts away stress. Love the way it did that.

To those of you who've lost loved once close to you, I can only say I'm very sorry for the loss and yes, you are correct that a car cannot replace the ones you love. I hoped that no one would go there but some of you did and again I'm sorry for such a tragic event in your lives. It was not in anyway an attempt to upstage anyones loss of a loved one.

As I type this, my wife is going in for more tests, seems they found nodes on her lungs, a cyst in the pelvic region and some nodes on the liver.

I guess when things go bad, they really do and I can only hope this is all just minor issues, but will not know for awhile as an MRI is scheduled tomorrow. What next?

So much for "the two of you still have your health"

Time will tell on both the health issues and if and when I can return to ordering another Porsche. Maybe the new GT3? I may as well aim high!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am really sorry to hear that bad news about your wife....hope everything ends up being okay!! Forget about the P-car for now and focus on your time together...the Porsche will come again.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Deanski, I am sorry to hear about your Mom, I lost my dad a a year and a half ago to pancreatic cancer, it's an awful awful cancer.
I can relate, I decided to go car shopping when my dad was sick just to have a little diversion and thats when I picked up my 996 as well.
Lost my mother to Lymphoma around 12 years ago, life is really stressful and for some of us these cars and not only a passion but sometimes our escape as well.
I hope all works out with your wife and remember, you sure don't need to own a Porsche to hang on Rennlist.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

The fragility of life reflected in a number of these recent posts is what contributed to my decision to purchase my first Porsche a little over 2 years ago. I figured that none of us know when our time will come, and I decided that since I could afford it, I should own a car that I've always wanted rather than find myself at some point - after it is too late - wishing I had treated myself to something I always wanted.
I would not do it if it caused financial hardship, especially if I was dealing with the other stresses of losing loved ones. Even if I were to have to part with my Porsche now, I at least know I had the wonderful experience of owning one.
Best of luck Deanski. I agree, that new GT3 is a great car to strive for one day.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Deanski
No, it went back to PFS.

As for the other comments, my car was a healing way of also dealing with loosing my Mother to pancreatic cancer. It was my escape and made me feel at ease with dealing with that and other troubles which all went away once I was in it. Something we all can relate to when once we get out in the car, it just melts away stress. Love the way it did that.

To those of you who've lost loved once close to you, I can only say I'm very sorry for the loss and yes, you are correct that a car cannot replace the ones you love. I hoped that no one would go there but some of you did and again I'm sorry for such a tragic event in your lives. It was not in anyway an attempt to upstage anyones loss of a loved one.

As I type this, my wife is going in for more tests, seems they found nodes on her lungs, a cyst in the pelvic region and some nodes on the liver.

I guess when things go bad, they really do and I can only hope this is all just minor issues, but will not know for awhile as an MRI is scheduled tomorrow. What next?

So much for "the two of you still have your health"

Time will tell on both the health issues and if and when I can return to ordering another Porsche. Maybe the new GT3? I may as well aim high!

Regards,
Deanski
Deanski...you'll be back bigger and better than ever. I see a GT3 in your future Keep your chin up, you may find this experience liberating. I have been through this myself and as I PM'd you going through something like this as well again right now. You'll be fine.

Dave
Old 07-17-2009, 02:27 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Deanski,

I am sorry to hear about your wife's situation. Hopefully, it will not be serious. Keep the faith and please keep us posted on the test results!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Deakski my prayers for you and your wife..let us know how it goes. We do really care what happens. God bless man...take care of her.

Dave
Old 07-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the well wishes, still waiting for MRI results but do know that she has H Pilori in the ulcer areas. Now on the 14 days of meds for that. More to follow.

Hopefully all will turn out well once all tests are in and we can see what the options are.

Once again, thanks.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche