Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
I’d consider selling my 2011 manual, but I warn you, I paid too much and just spend 16K on it, so the selling price would need to be somewhat ridiculous, LOL. But she looks and drives like new.

Show
Old 01-04-2022, 11:33 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Stalker.
I, for one, enjoy reading the ridiculous.
Would you mind sharing the VIN, $16K in upgrades, and asking (demanding!) price for your GTS?
Thanks in advance, and pardon my asking if you don't want to answer.

The GTS is approaching, within 80-85% of original MSRP...if mileage is < 30K.
I think it was Petza's, or Upscale Audio's, rule of thumb to subtract $1 for every mile over 20K or 30K...don't remember- but it was pretty accurate when following/comparing GTS auction results during the Covid market surge. PCar and BaT provide truly transparent sales prices that can be trusted.
A sub-30K mile 6MT, RWD, Coupé GTS will fetch $100K, provided no stories.

It's a great time to own or sell, if not buy (!), a 997 GTS.
Hey,
I'm an open book.
So I bought it from BAT back in August.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ld_paid_winner

Car landed and it went straight to the dealer and the detailer/PPF teams to go over and through the car.

Between the PPF, paint correction, service, parts, it ended up around 16-18K--Thats CAD, not USD.

ALL the fluids have been changed, the brake discs(Girodisc), pads(Ferodo DS2500), new sharkwerks centre section, the major service, spark plugs, new tires, and a few other items I can't recall. I can send the invoice from the dealer if anyone wants to see a detailed list.

The PPF is the entire front end(hood, lights, fenders, front bumper), roof, and door sill and then it warps the rear hip higher up, its how I always do my 991s. Also the trailing edge of the rear bumper at the rear tire.

My detailer is pretty sure the door was repainted, it was sold me me as a clean car and the CARFAX is clean. Im just being open about what I have found.

I don’t think I could let the car go for less then around $120K, which I know is high...crazy right, lol. I possibly paid too much to start with, but the spec was too good to pass on.

Car looks and drives as new it can for a car 10 years old.
The following users liked this post:
greasem0nkey86 (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 05:23 PM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey,
I'm an open book.

Car landed and it went straight to the dealer and the detailer/PPF teams to go over and through the car.

Between the PPF, paint correction, service, parts, it ended up around 16-18K--Thats CAD, not USD.

ALL the fluids have been changed, the brake discs(Girodisc), pads(Ferodo DS2500), new sharkwerks centre section, the major service, spark plugs, new tires, and a few other items I can't recall. I can send the invoice from the dealer if anyone wants to see a detailed list.

The PPF is the entire front end(hood, lights, fenders, front bumper), roof, and door sill and then it warps the rear hip higher up, its how I always do my 991s. Also the trailing edge of the rear bumper at the rear tire.

My detailer is pretty sure the door was repainted, it was sold me me as a clean car and the CARFAX is clean. Im just being open about what I have found.

I don’t think I could let the car go for less then around $120K, which I know is high...crazy right, lol. I possibly paid too much to start with, but the spec was too good to pass on.

nice buddy! Hope you get that! I’m in a similar boat, want to recoup some of my spend as well, on mods and overkill preventive maintenance. I admit my market price might top at $85k but hoping as spring comes around maybe someone would pay $100k that really wants the vert/6MT/awd combo lol (I know, snowball’s chance in hell!).

The 7.2 GT3 bug has bit me but I can’t be bothered to go through the BaT or PCARMARKET process right now. Maybe in the spring.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Bodacious
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

I think $120k to $135k is very possible.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 544 Posts

I don't think we're that far yet. That's the sale price for the Turquoise Blue BAT GTS. That was a special car with PTS, 6spd, and 8,000 miles.
Liste-Renn (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 10:06 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Looking at one now that doesn't have Sport Chrono. Does Sport Chrono Plus do anything on the manual cars?
Old 01-04-2022, 10:14 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
I don't think we're that far yet. That's the sale price for the Turquoise Blue BAT GTS. That was a special car with PTS, 6spd, and 8,000 miles.
Car was sold to dealer recently. Don’t expect to see it for less then 150k now.
Surj-993C2S (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 10:38 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
Looking at one now that doesn't have Sport Chrono. Does Sport Chrono Plus do anything on the manual cars?
Mine's a PDK, so, can't answer your question, but to add is about $1200-1500 last I saw.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:17 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 612 Posts

Re: Sport Chrono on a manual.

I added it to mine.
It is some software and adding a SPORT button on the center console.
OEM price is about $950 plus 2 hour labor to install/program it.

Value added to a manual is the subject of much debate on this, and other forums.
Adding it to a PDK car is universally endorsed.

Here is some info on the subject I culled from multiple sources:

OEM Sport Chrono Software and button:
Suncoast sells it for $949 + 2-3 hours labor = $1400, if added by Porsche Dealer.

I basically adds throttle mapping change feature and raises the threshold before PSM intervention, i.e., allows more oversteer at lower speeds.

Specifically:

1. PSM (Porsche Stability Management. i.e., "Please Save Me") intervention:
When ‘Sport’ mode is selected on the optional Sport Chrono Package, the PSM threshold is raised higher still to enable greater driver involvement – particularly at speeds of up to 70 km/h (44 mph).

When PSC is switched off with “Sport” mode select, it remains present in the background and will only intervene under heavy braking (if senses ABS activation on BOTH front wheels).

In “Normal” mode- i.e. without “Sport” selected- the PSM will intervene when sensing at least ONE front wheel requires ABS assistance.

2. Throttle mapping:
When ‘Sport’ mode is selected, the engine management system applies a new set of variables to enhance the engine response. A modified throttle map relates the pedal angle in the foot well to a much wider angle of opening in the throttle. As a result, the engine has a much more positive reaction to every pedal input. In the higher gears, a hard rev-limiter helps protect the engine under acceleration.

3. To minimize assistance from PSM, the trigger threshold for this system is raised. The result is a more natural and involving response to lateral and longitudinal forces. Agility is enhanced under braking for a corner, with PSM enabling greater maneuverability when turning in and greater stability on the exit – particularly in lower-speed sequences and bends.

For maximum dexterity, PSM can be set to standby while the car is in ‘Sport’ mode. PSM monitors the forces acting on the car and will only intervene when ABS assistance is required on both front brakes.

4. Other useful features include a personal memory function which is also controlled via PCM. This can be used to store personal preferences for a range of systems, including daytime running lights,‘Welcome Home’ lighting, optional automatic air conditioning and door-lock settings

Basically the mod provides all of the ManTrans Sport Chrono features but no ugly (and almost useless), dash wart.

Personally, I find the throttle mapping the most useful feature on a manual GTS. I usually drive barefoot, and prefer a much more subtle stab of the accelerator pedal when I heel-and-toe downshift. Mashing it with a shoe on works, too, but is much less precise. That said, it is very sensitive in first gear, especially from a dead stop. I don't use it in city or freeway bumper to bumper driving.

The revised/raised PSC activation parameters might benefit some, but I just turn PSM off when I want to steer with the throttle and/or max-perform the car in low speed/tight corners.

The first few times it activated, I thought the outside rear tire's sidewall was flexing. Nope, the PSM was braking individual wheels to counteract the oversteer I was purposefully inducing (and counting on!).

It also cut the throttle when I was using it to steer the car.

Neither intervention was welcome.

And, remember, turning the PSC to OFF still provides a "last ditch" activation of the if BOTH front wheels activate ABS.

As always, YMMV.
I really like Sport Chrono on my manual and don't care for the dash wart, so it's the best of both worlds for me.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 01-04-2022 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:39 PM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 84 Posts

^extremely informative! I wonder how the AWD system of the 4GTS impacts some of what you said, if at all (6 spd).
Old 01-05-2022, 02:39 AM
greasem0nkey86
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That bike looks insane. A monster of a Monster.
I cannot image riding a sport bike anywhere but the mountains.
The sane/nuts ratio is way out of whack on most LA, and Bay Area, roads.

"...I have yet to explore the backroads outside of the La Honda/hwy 84..."

Here's the bible of driving roads in Cali: https://www.pashnit.com/ca-roads
You should be busy for about a year on the NoCal roads alone.

In spring*, drive CA-4 east from I-80 (just north of Richmond). Take it all the way over the summit to CA-89. https://www.pashnit.com/ca-highway-4
Then go east or west on CA-89, it just gets better and better.

*It's not plowed east of Bear Valley Ski resort.
Surprisingly the Super Duke is more sport tourer than sport bike. It has a handlebar instead of clip-ons, so you're not leaned over.
It's a good do it all bike, maneuverable to commute with, enough power to be a hooligan when you want to, and comfortable enough to drive up to Madras Oregon for the eclipse a few years ago without giving me much aches and sores.

Pashnit, a name I haven't heard in years!
Thanks for the reminder for that website and that route!
Liste-Renn (01-06-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 09:04 AM
Fisher7508
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-997
Why sell? If you need the money then sell. If you don't then keep it. It is not a depreciating asset anymore in the current market and for the next (who knows) years

I've been thinking about it ever since driving a Taycan 4s a few months ago. Loved that car. But every time I go to the garage to take some pictures to list the GTS I get a smile on my face and change my mind.

I kinda sorta got permission from the better half that if I sold the GTS and the Cayenne I could maybe consider a Taycan GTS.
There were a lot of maybes in that conversation. .
Old 01-05-2022, 05:20 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Re: Sport Chrono on a manual.

I added it to mine.
It is some software and adding a SPORT button on the center console.
OEM price is about $950 plus 2 hour labor to install/program it.
I really like Sport Chrono on my manual and don't care for the dash wart, so it's the best of both worlds for me.
Originally Posted by fayraree
^extremely informative! I wonder how the AWD system of the 4GTS impacts some of what you said, if at all (6 spd).
Agreed. Thanks for sharing!!

Last edited by GBX; 01-05-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:56 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 307 Posts

Hey,
I'm an open book.

I'm genuinely curious with the following question...

I've had my 997.2 C2S (manual, 6sp, sport seats/full leather, lots of options, etc) for almost 6 years, driven it about 40k miles, paid about 40% of what you did for your GTS and in that time spent less on mods/maintenance than you did immediately upon purchasing yours.

why?

Is money not a material object? is this thing not going to ever get driven and it's just dollars in/dollars out on a screen somewhere?

I guess I simply don't understand the sheer amount of money people are paying for these cars for both purchase, then upgrade, and then to be stashed away or in hopes of breaking even/making money somehow.

I've driven a GTS and it's almost impossible to tell that it's much different than my (already objectively great) car. And this isn't a debate about last RWD/widebody etc. car.

But why buy a 100k car, dump a bunch of money into it, and then expect for it all to come back moments later?

Old 01-05-2022, 09:30 PM
Sylverlee
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

^ I think people are only asking what the market wants to give

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web