Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 03:12 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
I predicted above that it would hammer for $95K, including 5% BaT fee.
The bidding was at $67K then.

Missed it by 10 grand.

The naysayers are still at the station, the train left over a year ago.

Any single opinion expressed on this forum, including mine, is irrelevant compared to examining the market sales history to arrive at current valuations.
Well, you're being modest. I hate "price check threads" but you came closer than I would ever have come missing that one by 10 grand. So just curious, what do you think my 2011 GTS coupe with PDK is worth in this crazy market? Just over 69K miles with perfect maint. records, all in print in a thick envelope. Includes a recently replaced PDK still under warranty. OEM GT2 carbon fiber bucket seats and a flawless set of $7,000 Forgeline wheels. Not a ding or a scratch anywhere except for the clear bra and the front lip. Easily fixed to perfection.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:39 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 612 Posts

Sandwedge!
Your car is screensaver gorgeous.
The wheels alone are remarkable.
Your avatar pic inspired me to obtain wheels with proper offsets and cure the crappy wheel well gap that plagues all 997 GTSs with the OEM RS Spyder forged wheels (by Fuchs, no less!).

Having read your well-documented debacle about marketing your tasteful/expensive modded 997 GTS- and the inability to recoup the value of said mods- it is difficult to predict what a buyer will pay for almost any non-OEM 997 these days. That said, it only takes one buyer, or two bidding against one another, to reach a crazy valuation on BaT or PCAR.

I would eagerly buy a car with mods that I was likely to do myself, and your killer Forgeline wheels, Sharkwerks X-pipe, DSC box, and cool LWB seats are right up my alley. But the highest 997 GTS sale prices are closer to OEM spec, have easily reversible mods, or are higher modified cars with the OEM parts included in the sale.

That is a bit counterintuitive, because most 997 GTSs at auction are not "collectibles" with very low mileage. So, why do bidders favor OEM spec and super low mile cars? I assume the demographic of a 997 GTS buyer might be somewhat different from a GT3 buyer (older, less affluent, non-track driver, less hardcore, maybe with the intent to DD it?)...not sure.

But, enough of my inane musings...to answer your question:
Your car might fetch $75-80K; the PDK, mileage and mods holding down the hammer price- based on the last two years of sales I have observed. The 997 GTS market remains robust, not 997 GT3/RS/4.0 rabid, but continue to approach original MSRP- on 11-12 year old cars with no CPO and mileage in the 20-60K range (a nominal 2-5K miles per year). The 997 GT3s are trading for double to triple MSRP- now that is truly irrational exuberance.

It's fun to follow our car's valuation but not nearly as fun as actually driving them. They occupy a sweet spot as "the best" 997 Carrera, and are deliberately not as hard core as the GT cars. They are a later day 993 C4 and C4S models. Not the turbo or RS models (less hardcore), but last of the analog gauged, hydro-mechanical steering, ratcheting handbrake, shorter wheelbase (than 991 or 992) 911- with just enough modern interior features (.2 PCM w/ Bluetooth, iPod connection, Sat Radio, Bose, etc.) coupled with PDLS, PSE, PASM/SPASM, X51 kit, PDK (not Tiptronic), DFI engine, no IMS, etc., etc.

The real deal, as you have stated so eloquently on this forum multiple times, is the unique combination of an NA engine, wide body, and RWD. The only other 997.2 with those attributes is the 997.2 GT3 RS or Sport Calssic. Rarefied company, indeed.

That, and $5, will get you a grande latte at Starbucks.

Goodnight.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 01-19-2022 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:06 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

I’m not refuting valuations of GTSs at all. It is what it is and somewhat justified. At the $100k+ pricepoint, there is just a lot of competition, including said Emira.

As an owner of a RWD manual coupe GTS, I hope they continue to appreciate. Sandwedge has a fantastic, clean, and tastefully modded GTS. If/when he sells, it will fetch a lot of attention and buyers. I predict $85k min as-is. You could probably net more dollars if you put the stock seats back in and sell the folding buckets separately. A lightly modified .2 C4S with 42K miles and MT recently sold on Pcar for $78k + fee (https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...-carrera-4s-3/). With folding bucket seats alone, that car would be worth $85K. MT cars typically get a $5-10K premium so adjust accordingly for PDK cars.

Like I said, it’s great time to own a GTS. Not so much if you’re on the outside looking in.

Last edited by Busta Rib; 01-19-2022 at 12:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 02:49 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

.... The 997 GT3s are trading for double to triple MSRP- now that is truly irrational exuberance. ....
Hi Liste,... is your comment above set squarely on the RS? ... I have not seen non-RS 997 GT3's even at double their original msrp, let alone triple.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:28 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Hi Liste,... is your comment above set squarely on the RS? ... I have not seen non-RS 997 GT3's even at double their original msrp, let alone triple.
Yes.
The RS, and especially the 4.0 version.
Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Links:

997.2 GT3 sales on BaT

Might have to log in to view PCAR Market results:

PCAR 997 GT3 results

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 01-19-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:16 PM
der99649
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello from Japan,
I have had lived in the US for 10 years having 997 2GTS coupe 6MT which I bought it several years ago from a Rennlister in this mareketplace.
Now I brought the car to Japan with me and still have it here!!

In Japan 6MT GTS was not sold and only PDK was available, therefore 6MT is very very rare in Japan. (I know 3-4 6MT GTSs are in Japan which were directly imported from EU or US with extra cost)
I have never seen 6MT GTS in Japanese market and currently only 3 GTS are listed on market (of course all PDK)
Considering to low millage of these car (77,000km,65,000km and 28,000km not Miile!), therie prices seems to be equal to 70-90K USD range, which is slightly cheaper than US current market IMO.

My GTS spec are:
25K mile
White
GT2 bucket seat
Full leather
White center console
SPASM(w/LSD)
PCCB

<Non original parts>
Sharkwerks X pipe
GMG WC-GT centerlock
EURO rear bumper (No bumperette)
991.2 GT sports steering wheel

How much would you expect in the US market?

Japanese GTS market
https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/se...B8%AD%E5%8F%A4

Last edited by der99649; 01-19-2022 at 08:23 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by der99649:
Busta Rib (01-19-2022), Ironman88 (01-20-2022), maekwl (01-19-2022), tegraphile (01-24-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 08:23 PM
maekwl
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 64 Posts

Given that last auction Id guess in the 105-115 range. PCCB, Full leather and GT2 seats Are the GT2 seats a purchase option or did you or someone ad them?

Id imagine you could sell those for 8k quickly and 10k with a wait if you could replace the seats. I don't think that the seats sold with the GTS bring its value up as much as they would sell for on their own. Same comment for the second set of wheels.

I love your steering wheel!
Old 01-19-2022, 08:34 PM
der99649
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maekwl
Given that last auction Id guess in the 105-115 range. PCCB, Full leather and GT2 seats Are the GT2 seats a purchase option or did you or someone ad them?

Id imagine you could sell those for 8k quickly and 10k with a wait if you could replace the seats. I don't think that the seats sold with the GTS bring its value up as much as they would sell for on their own. Same comment for the second set of wheels.

I love your steering wheel!
Thanks for comment!

GT2 bucket came with fuctory option "P03" shown on my build sheet.
According to the attahced info, only 14 GTS cars came with this option in the US! (Not sure this info's accuracy)

Old 01-19-2022, 08:42 PM
maekwl
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by der99649
Thanks for comment!

GT2 bucket came with fuctory option "P03" shown on my build sheet.
According to the attahced info, only 14 GTS cars came with this option in the US! (Not sure this info's accuracy)
Very nicely sped car, I would imagine with the right timing you could get quite a lot for it.

On a side, is that top GTS in your list of Japanese GTS for sale one of those rare brown ones? Do you have a link for that ad you could share?
Old 01-19-2022, 08:49 PM
der99649
Rennlist Member

Here is a link for brown 4GTS.

https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/de...ESTID=CS210610

Price : 8.67 Million JPY = 76k USD
Millage : 77,000km = 48k mile
Full leather
Standard sofa sheet

Last edited by der99649; 01-19-2022 at 08:50 PM.
maekwl (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 08:51 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

You have an uber-rare spec GTS with desirable options: manual, GT2 bucket seats, full leather, white center console, SPASM(w/LSD), and PCCBs! Plus some nice upgrades. I've never seen a GTS with this combination. You may have the only US GTS with this combination of options. Plus, with 25K miles and relatively low miles, I estimate it could sell for $115-120K as-is in the US. Because the folding buckets came with the car as OE, it doesn't make sense to sell them separately. They need to go with the car. As you mentioned, only 14 GTSs were ordered with the bucket seats. If you sell, try to offer it on Pcar Market or BAT. This is unique enough that you will generate a lot of eyeballs and interest. Good luck!

Originally Posted by der99649
Hello from Japan,
I have had lived in the US for 10 years having 997 2GTS coupe 6MT which I bought it several years ago from a Rennlister in this mareketplace.

In Japan 6MT GTS was not sold and only PDK was available, therefore 6MT is very very rare in Japan. (I know 3-4 6MT GTSs are in Japan which were directly imported from EU or US with extra cost)
I have never seen 6MT GTS in Japanese market and currently only 3 GTS are listed on market (of course all PDK)
Considering to low millage of these car (77,000km,65,000km and 28,000km not Miile!), therie prices seems to be equal to 70-90K USD range, which is slightly cheaper than US current market IMO.

My GTS spec are:
25K mile
White
GT2 bucket seat
Full leather
White center console
SPASM(w/LSD)
PCCB

<Non original parts>
Sharkwerks X pipe
GMG WC-GT centerlock

Japanese GTS market
https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/se...B8%AD%E5%8F%A4
Liste-Renn (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 03:39 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Sandwedge!
Your car is screensaver gorgeous.
The wheels alone are remarkable.
Your avatar pic inspired me to obtain wheels with proper offsets and cure the crappy wheel well gap that plagues all 997 GTSs with the OEM RS Spyder forged wheels (by Fuchs, no less!).

Having read your well-documented debacle about marketing your tasteful/expensive modded 997 GTS- and the inability to recoup the value of said mods- it is difficult to predict what a buyer will pay for almost any non-OEM 997 these days. That said, it only takes one buyer, or two bidding against one another, to reach a crazy valuation on BaT or PCAR.

I would eagerly buy a car with mods that I was likely to do myself, and your killer Forgeline wheels, Sharkwerks X-pipe, DSC box, and cool LWB seats are right up my alley. But the highest 997 GTS sale prices are closer to OEM spec, have easily reversible mods, or are higher modified cars with the OEM parts included in the sale.

That is a bit counterintuitive, because most 997 GTSs at auction are not "collectibles" with very low mileage. So, why do bidders favor OEM spec and super low mile cars? I assume the demographic of a 997 GTS buyer might be somewhat different from a GT3 buyer (older, less affluent, non-track driver, less hardcore, maybe with the intent to DD it?)...not sure.

But, enough of my inane musings...to answer your question:
Your car might fetch $75-80K; the PDK, mileage and mods holding down the hammer price- based on the last two years of sales I have observed. The 997 GTS market remains robust, not 997 GT3/RS/4.0 rabid, but continue to approach original MSRP- on 11-12 year old cars with no CPO and mileage in the 20-60K range (a nominal 2-5K miles per year). The 997 GT3s are trading for double to triple MSRP- now that is truly irrational exuberance.

It's fun to follow our car's valuation but not nearly as fun as actually driving them. They occupy a sweet spot as "the best" 997 Carrera, and are deliberately not as hard core as the GT cars. They are a later day 993 C4 and C4S models. Not the turbo or RS models (less hardcore), but last of the analog gauged, hydro-mechanical steering, ratcheting handbrake, shorter wheelbase (than 991 or 992) 911- with just enough modern interior features (.2 PCM w/ Bluetooth, iPod connection, Sat Radio, Bose, etc.) coupled with PDLS, PSE, PASM/SPASM, X51 kit, PDK (not Tiptronic), DFI engine, no IMS, etc., etc.

The real deal, as you have stated so eloquently on this forum multiple times, is the unique combination of an NA engine, wide body, and RWD. The only other 997.2 with those attributes is the 997.2 GT3 RS or Sport Calssic. Rarefied company, indeed.

That, and $5, will get you a grande latte at Starbucks.

Goodnight.
First of all thanks for the compliments and next, thanks for a well thought out and constructive response Liste. I know you never recover the cost of mods. To the contrary it seems seems like they detract instead which isn't hard to understand given that everyone have their own taste and preference as to what they want their car to look like. So it seems like bone stock cars are getting better money than modded ones. I like your your price estimate though. If close to what it would bring I would get more than I paid 5 years and 45K miles ago. Btw....the previous owner bought the wheels and the seats and I liked both of his choices so one of those rare occasions where a seller and a buyer come together on a modded car for the same price as an un-modded car. Again, really appreciate your input. Many thanks.

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I’m not refuting valuations of GTSs at all. It is what it is and somewhat justified. At the $100k+ pricepoint, there is just a lot of competition, including said Emira.

As an owner of a RWD manual coupe GTS, I hope they continue to appreciate. Sandwedge has a fantastic, clean, and tastefully modded GTS. If/when he sells, it will fetch a lot of attention and buyers. I predict $85k min as-is. You could probably net more dollars if you put the stock seats back in and sell the folding buckets separately. A lightly modified .2 C4S with 42K miles and MT recently sold on Pcar for $78k + fee (https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...-carrera-4s-3/). With folding bucket seats alone, that car would be worth $85K. MT cars typically get a $5-10K premium so adjust accordingly for PDK cars.

Like I said, it’s great time to own a GTS. Not so much if you’re on the outside looking in.
Your price point is close to Liste-Renn's so I have to think there's a good reason for the two of you coming that close to the same conclusion. As for the seats, I don't have the stock seats and I've found that they're hard to find in the marketplace or on Ebay. But I agree completely that selling the buckets separately would bring more money. As you said though, great time to own a GTS rather than looking for one so I may just continue to own what I have. As I've said before, I can't figure out what I would get as the replacement if I sold what I have.

Liste-Renn (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 09:28 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
So, where does this leave the 6 speed Cab GTS at now value wise?

Asking for a friend.
being a 4GTS Cab 6-spd owner myself (23k miles) I keep a close watch on this spec. I’ve been offered $70k as a trade in at a Porsche dealer and $85k at an independent, well known Porsche dealer in the NYC metro area. I’m thinking $90-95k would be a stretch goal for the right private buyer in the right season. We do have the rarest spec GTS but not the most desirable by majority of enthusiasts. If the GT3 came in a cab I would probably buy it, hearing the PSE, valve open exhaust note with a center muffler delete and top down is one of my favorite experiences, akin to the CSL intake and SuperSprint exhaust on an E46 M3 (wink, wink, Stalker! )

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Cabs have a smaller audience, but there is a cab on PCA market or BAT right now. Worth watching.
Checked it out, on BAT. 39k miles, accident reported (less than $500 but still, blemished carfax), range 4 DME but compression fine. Also not partial to the ducktail on a cab and aftermarket headers, plus aftermarket stereo, etc. May be more appealing to others. I have some OEM+ mods myself with x-pipe, rims, mounts, shifter cables, etc., so may affect desirability for others. I’m expecting price to be <$70k for this one.
GTSence (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 11:01 AM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,175 Posts

[QUOTE=der99649;17917507]Hello from Japan,

My GTS spec are:
25K mile
White
GT2 bucket seat
Full leather
White center console
SPASM(w/LSD)
PCCB

<Non original parts>
Sharkwerks X pipe
GMG WC-GT centerlock

You have a fantastic car and as others have said, given the rare spec and (judging from the photos) top condition, your car will command a premium.

I would estimate a value of no less than $120k, and up to $130k would be possible I think.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:16 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

Ipanema Blue

2012 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupe PDK - PTS! on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...utm_source=sms
63mercedes (01-23-2022)

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web