996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016 | 01:58 PM
Luckymike996
Intermediate

No hate here on the grey, just wondering if it looks better in person or the pics don't do it justice?
Old 10-21-2016 | 06:07 PM
uschoice
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer
I love my Grey interior Oh and the guy does not know his colors It is either Lapis or Midnight. To dark for Cobalt just my .02
If that's cobalt, then mine must be speed yellow.
Old 10-21-2016 | 06:29 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Luckymike996
No hate here on the grey, just wondering if it looks better in person or the pics don't do it justice?
But I've heard from many people who really dislike grey
Old 10-21-2016 | 09:58 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Looks like midnight , I had a 2001 in same color combo= really liked the grey but prefer black. Going by pics the car looks very nice. Don't care for the supple leather.
Old 10-23-2016 | 12:22 PM
Luckymike996
Intermediate

Punched in the vin and it comes back as Lapis Blue, must be bad pics or lighting.
Old 10-23-2016 | 12:56 PM
Q's911
Advanced

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I don't get the hate for the grey interior. I'd take grey over my black.
No hate here for grey. My SUV has grey interior which I chose and still find attractive....again, it just shows most imperfections.
Old 10-23-2016 | 01:48 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rustler
The other interior option that has gone out of favor in modern car design is the soft ruched or pillowy leather that you see optioned on so many 996TTs. Seats on most recent sports cars have a very clean and tight look, almost hard. I've always thought the plush inserts weren't quite in keeping with the sporting nature of a 911, although they certainly wouldn't sway my decision on any otherwise good car.
Agree, I don't like the supple leather, both in terms of looks and feel. But as you say, I wouldn't let it be the deciding factor on an otherwise good car, as seats are VERY easy to swap out.

Right now I'm looking at ''upgrading'' from stock seats to the sport seats, but I've read mixed reviews on the sport seats comfort level. I'm not really having any issues with my stock (perforated) seats, they seem to do the job for my use case. But a friend has a set of sports that can be mine, I just need some time in them to determine how they feel ---with the use case being mostly canyon runs here in NorCal.
Old 10-26-2016 | 07:32 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

If anyone can live with (or likes) the red interior color, this car seems to be priced fairly...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5846650243.html

Asking Price: $45,990

2002 Porsche 911 Turbo with 45k miles. Artic Silver Metallic with Boxster Red Special Leather. Original MSRP of $118,775. Factory options include Parking Assist System, Supple Leather Front and Rear, Lumbar Support for Left and Right Seat, Heated Front Seat Package, and more. Upgraded Forgestar Wheels and upgraded exhaust.
Old 10-26-2016 | 10:31 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

I like the red
Not a big silver fan, but I do like the red...
Old 10-26-2016 | 10:57 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

It's too bad they didn't build more silver cars with the saddle interior. The Boxster red looked cool back in the day, but time just hasn't been kind to it. Black holds up the best, but saddle is just a nice color that has held up very well. Rennlister autobonrun has a seal gray 996 Turbo S with saddle interior that is really gorgeous. I think silver/saddle would look great also, but you rarely see it.
Old 10-26-2016 | 11:40 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

It looks good with green too. But I'm a little biased...
Old 10-27-2016 | 02:15 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

I don't dislike silver w/ red interior, but that red is awfully bright. That particular car is not too far across the Bay, I'm going to try to check it out next week or so.

I just saw a silver/saddle or gray/saddle on line either today or yesterday. Looked nice...classy combo, but as previously stated, rare.
Old 10-27-2016 | 04:05 AM
PaleAle
Racer

Elite Motor Cars? Alex? Good luck. If you have ANY issues with the car make sure you put it in the contract. I bought mine from him in June knowing there was a spoiler error code. He told me it was no problem and arranged for Sonnen to fix it. Sonnen couldn't address the problem and Alex has not returned multiple emails or calls.

OBTW, he'll tell you there are 3 other guys calling about the car so there is no time for a PPI. He'll also tell you that the car effectively had 3 inspections before you bought it. None of that helped me as I blew a coolant fitting 6 weeks after buying the car. I could live with that but the lack of response is proof he's a puppy mill.

Bottom line is that I would not recommend a friend to buy from Elite Motors.

Originally Posted by Road King
I don't dislike silver w/ red interior, but that red is awfully bright. That particular car is not too far across the Bay, I'm going to try to check it out next week or so.

I just saw a silver/saddle or gray/saddle on line either today or yesterday. Looked nice...classy combo, but as previously stated, rare.
Old 10-27-2016 | 11:51 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PaleAle
Elite Motor Cars? Alex? Good luck. If you have ANY issues with the car make sure you put it in the contract. I bought mine from him in June knowing there was a spoiler error code. He told me it was no problem and arranged for Sonnen to fix it. Sonnen couldn't address the problem and Alex has not returned multiple emails or calls.

OBTW, he'll tell you there are 3 other guys calling about the car so there is no time for a PPI. He'll also tell you that the car effectively had 3 inspections before you bought it. None of that helped me as I blew a coolant fitting 6 weeks after buying the car. I could live with that but the lack of response is proof he's a puppy mill.

Bottom line is that I would not recommend a friend to buy from Elite Motors.

Good info PaleAle. I am not in any way endorsing the seller of this silver/red Turbo, I don't know him or Elite. Was just pointing out an interesting car, priced fairly based on mileage (condition unknown).

Me, I bought my car bone stock from a 72yr old guy who owned it for 7-8 years, with all service records. Much higher comfort level than a dealer--at least for me.
Old 10-27-2016 | 12:28 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Road King
Me, I bought my car bone stock from a 72yr old guy who owned it for 7-8 years, with all service records. Much higher comfort level than a dealer--at least for me.
+996 on buying from an individual as opposed to a dealer - even a Porsche dealer.

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds