What did you do to your 996TT today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,422 Likes on 1,535 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
BTW, my OEM fog lights appear to be white when illuminated.
A large portion of the male population lacks color temperature sensitivity. For those of us without that deficiency the stock Bi-Xenon headlights have a much cooler color temperature than the tungsten fog lights.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
A large portion of the male population lacks color temperature sensitivity.
Just going on the different look of the light produced by each bulb in his pictures. It's obvious to me that the new fog light bulbs produce much whiter light than the light produced by the bulbs he replaced. Can't you see the difference?

My OEM fog lights produce very similar (same?) light as compared to his replacement bulbs.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:55 PM
chris9595
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome! can you tell me who did your seatbacks?
Old 08-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My OEM fog lights produce very similar (same?) light as compared to his replacement bulbs.
Sorry the OEM fogs are not the same color as the OEM headlights. If you see them as the same you have some degree of color blindness. As I wrote it is pretty common in men.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sorry the OEM fogs are not the same color as the OEM headlights.
I never said they were.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:07 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sorry the OEM fogs are not the same color as the OEM headlights. If you see them as the same you have some degree of color blindness. As I wrote it is pretty common in men.
I'm talking about his fog lights, not his main headlights. Based on the pictures it looked like he replaced his fog light bulbs. I actually didn't look at his main headlights, mainly because I wouldn't have thought the OEM bulbs would need replacing.

BTW, I have no color blindness at all.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:13 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
my fogs are my DRL's, search for the Canadian DRL mod...
thx rob! i love i was able to do that with just the cars dme on my veedub.

so i guess ( or wonder??) if it's a switchable ( a la vw ) via the PWISS ( whatever its called ), because that would be fantastic! i like the idea of HID level brightness for drl's though i do agree the oem's are "warmer". but i'll take the increased visibility of over "warm" lighting any day ( or night ). thx for the tip.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I never said they were.
You said they were both white. They are not both white.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You said they were both white.
Here is what I said..."my OEM fog lights appear to be white when illuminated."
Old 08-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm talking about his fog lights, not his main headlights. Based on the pictures it looked like he replaced his fog light bulbs. I actually didn't look at his main headlights, mainly because I wouldn't have thought the OEM bulbs would need replacing.

BTW, I have no color blindness at all.
Photography makes the differences in color temperatures easier to see.

What you see in real life is what determines color blindness. From what you have written it is clear you have some degree of color blindness. It is a very common condition.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You said they were both white. They are not both white.
BTW, you don't get the issue here. As stated above, I've been talking about ONLY his fog lights, and not with any regard to how they look compared to his headlights. Just his fog lights. In the first picture he posted, the fog lights (must be because of the camera angle/exposure) have a amber/brownish hue. In the second and third picture they are without that hue and are more "white" relatively speaking (as compared to the fog lights in the first picture, not as compared to any headlight). My OEM fog lights look like his as represented in his second and third pictures, probably because his are also OEM. As I said, I thought his bulb change was with the fog lights. I have not made any comparisons between his fog lights and his headlights.

BTW, I have outstanding color vision. I've been tested extensively and thoroughly for over 43 years (once a year for 18 of those years I spent in the military; required for the job, and every six months for the last 10 years; required for my job).
Old 08-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

BTW, you don't get the issue here. As stated above, I've been talking about ONLY his fog lights, and not with any regard to how they look compared to his headlights. Just his fog lights. In the first picture he posted, the fog lights (must be because of the camera angle/exposure) have a amber/brownish hue. In the second and third picture they are without that hue and are more "white" relatively speaking (as compared to the fog lights in the first picture, not as compared to any headlight). My OEM fog lights look like his as represented in his second and third pictures, probably because his are also OEM. As I said, I thought his bulb change was with the fog lights. I have not made any comparisons between his fog lights and his headlights.

BTW, I have outstanding color vision. I've been tested extensively and thoroughly for over 43 years (once a year for 18 of those years I spent in the military; required for the job, and every six months for the last 10 years; required for my job).
I do not care at all about what you wrote with regards to his lights. You wrote that your OEM headlights and fogs lights are both white. They are not both white.

It is probable that your color blindness has just recently set in. There are studies that estimate over 50% of men have some degree of color blindness so you are in the majority.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You wrote that your OEM headlights and fogs lights are both white.
Post up where I said that.

It is probable that your color blindness has just recently set in.
I was just checked last month.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Post up where I said that.

I was just checked last month.
You wrote your OEM fog lights are white like the other guy's replacement LED bulbs. Sorry but they are not. Your OEM fog bulbs are tungsten. Tungsten bulbs are 3200K and are not white like the LED replacement bulbs at 5600K pictured or the stock Bi-Xenon headlights which are also 5600K.

It doesn't matter if you were color tested today. The test has missed your slight degree of color blindness.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You wrote your OEM fog lights are white like the other guy's replacement LED bulbs.
Notice you didn't post up anything I've said about my headlights...because I haven't mentioned my headlights.

Maybe you should go back and read my previous post (the one that you said you were not interested in) where I explained the "lights" issue, to see what I was actually talking about.

This really couldn't be any easier to understand. I've explained it clearly. You just aren't getting it.

If you'd like to continue the discussion, please take it to PM. I'll be glad to discuss it further with you (up to a point, because I can't actually make you understand the issue, so at some point it would just be a waste of time).

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?