Sponsored by:

Re-gearing for Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't the Mosport clubrace also have a "Touring" group that is basically DE sessions during the weekend? They used to.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 38D
I am willing to see you drive my car, but I want $65k US in cash in my hand while you have the car. I don't need to take your $10k when you fail to post a better time than I do.

I think that's the issue here. He's basically making a fairly stout claim, yet had zero proof to back it up. At least mylaps has all my data, so you can verfiy my claims of a 2:27 at Sebring or a 2:10.2 at the Glen (in a PCA D class 964 turbo...not a GT3).
65,000 US for a 92 964 turbo...ahhhhhh....shall i bring it in a suitcase??

i waiting to hear about the cup car and im going to work on the other stuff, but i cant gaurantee i will be there on the race weekend. i can be at other lapping events much easier. maybe you should reread some independent postings again to clear your mind
Old 07-11-2006, 05:01 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by LastGT3
Next dexter is in September.
The next fully open track day is Sabato on July 19th www.6thgear.ca
They will let it rip.

FYI - it is not uncommon to hear 1:33 for a stock GT3 on MPSC. Noble can do 1:30 since he doesnt need the brakes and has had his fear gland removed and char broiled many years ago.
thank you!! i also had an extra ******** installed
Old 07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jason,

No problem. I just callz em like I seez em.

That being said I do hope we get a chance to see the magic sometime on or before July 28th. Unfortunately, I sold my GT3 or you would be welcome to have it for the adventure. It was also bone stock

My temporary car would not be up to the task or you could borrow that one as well. Hell this is getting to be enough fun I might even be willing to take a shot at the 1:30. Its been a while but my best time at Mosport is 1:21.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 822 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
65,000 US for a 92 964 turbo...ahhhhhh....shall i bring it in a suitcase??
Actually, it's a '91. Hey, I gotta protect my baby!

i waiting to hear about the cup car and im going to work on the other stuff, but i cant gaurantee i will be there on the race weekend. i can be at other lapping events much easier. maybe you should reread some independent postings again to clear your mind
Unfortunately, that's the only weekend for me. Too many other prioirities. But if you can't make it, a video of a lap is more than good enough. You very well may be as fast as all the hype says, but I am a show me kinda guy.

Btw, if you can make the race, you will love it. Going down T2 at Mosport two wide is really what it's all about. As is passing in the middle of 5 . Driving an '05 cup there would be a real hoot I'm sure. Going down T4 flat out in a cup must be pretty intense.

Btw, why did you get rid of your GT3 and get a 997S? I assume you wanted more of a street car?

Originally Posted by Apex Late
Its been a while but my best time at Mosport is 1:21.
Car type?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

He got bored of it and wants the 997 GT3RS, which will be for sale 12 months after he picks it up!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:27 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by fryd
He got bored of it and wants the 997 GT3RS, which will be for sale 12 months after he picks it up!

funny
Old 07-11-2006, 06:28 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by 38D
Actually, it's a '91. Hey, I gotta protect my baby!

Unfortunately, that's the only weekend for me. Too many other prioirities. But if you can't make it, a video of a lap is more than good enough. You very well may be as fast as all the hype says, but I am a show me kinda guy.

Btw, if you can make the race, you will love it. Going down T2 at Mosport two wide is really what it's all about. As is passing in the middle of 5 . Driving an '05 cup there would be a real hoot I'm sure. Going down T4 flat out in a cup must be pretty intense.

Btw, why did you get rid of your GT3 and get a 997S? I assume you wanted more of a street car?

Car type?
i will try and i did sell the GT3 to have a more street car. got tired of trailering the car and flying around the US all winter. burned out
yes..pick on apexlate now...
Old 07-11-2006, 08:19 PM
yongster
Racer

...waiting to hear about the cup car and im going to work on the other stuff,...
Jason,

I think this is the start of a new career.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by yongster
Jason,

I think this is the start of a new career.
too old, not that fast and no one makes money in motorsports in canada....but it would be nice....wait do you mean a new career in hassling people online??
Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

38D and DrJupeman...maybe you pussies would like to respond to my earlier offer??

""anyway i cant show up and do anything unless you provide me a car as i now have a 997S only for street. i will give you a $20,000 damage deposit to lap your car at Mosport,VIR,Roebling Road or Sebring anytime you want...and if im not faster than you ,you can keep half. is that fair?? or we can both try my 997S at a mosport lapping event and the slower driver pays the other $10,000?? is that fair for you? you seem to be determined to be right so lets stop pissing about""

This has nothing to do with me vs. you. This is about you vs. 1:30 in a stock GT3 on MPSCs. It seems you might be trying to divert attention from the original goal?

See you at the race at the end of the month? Sign up for the DE if you can't muster the requirements for a race license. Timing beacons will be out for both and I'll have my stopwatch.

Now that I think about your challenge, it is interesting that you'll post damage money to drive someone else's car but won't drive your 997S. Do you think your 355hp 997S can beat me in my 260hp 964? To help you assess, I have never ridden a motorcycle.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:50 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Classy.

This has nothing to do with me vs. you. This is about you vs. 1:30 in a stock GT3 on MPSCs. It seems you might be trying to divert attention from the original goal?

See you at the race at the end of the month? Sign up for the DE if you can't muster the requirements for a race license. Timing beacons will be out for both and I'll have my stopwatch.

Now that I think about your challenge, it is interesting that you'll post damage money to drive someone else's car but won't drive your 997S. Do you think your 355hp 997S can beat me in my 260hp 964? To help you assess, I have never ridden a motorcycle.
ya know its seems bob rouleau likes me....anyway....ummmmm
reread..i offered my car too, and i offered to let you drive it without asking for money,,,...and now for some humor to lighten up your uptight slowness:
Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
yongster
Racer

Jason,

You're not ahead of me in line for the GT3rs from Tom N., are you? Apparently, they are getting only 3 or 4 cars.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by yongster
Jason,

You're not ahead of me in line for the GT3rs from Tom N., are you? Apparently, they are getting only 3 or 4 cars.
i dont know but if it comes here with no seats, rollbar,lightweight flywheel and no plastic rear window and a sunroof why bother i think?? if i pass on it i will be riding this instead
Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Wow - lots of testosterone in this thread. FWIW, I did 1:38's in my stock GT3 on the OEM street tires and I freely admit that I suck at Mosport. Bruce G should weigh in here because I'm sure he is fast at Mosport in his GT3 or GT3 cup.

As to Keith doing a 1:21, I have no doubt. I'm fairly sure it was a pro race in a 700 HP vette. Oh, did I mention that he is a pro racer?

Regards,

Quick Reply: Re-gearing for Mosport